PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should NE sign Brett Favre to back up Tom Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. They should bring him in to back up Brady AND Hoyer :D

Ok so that was a pretty funny bang cartoon. But um no, Favre won't unretire to be a backup. He might to rejoin the Vikes or maybe another team... Cardinals? Who knows.

No. I'm interested in Chad Pennington as our backup. I've always loved him. Great accuracy, great leader, tough, will do whatever it takes to win. I hate how he was run out of town and victimized for the Jets' failures. He's a great guy and a consummate team player.

I just wasted half my pepsi on this thread...we dont really need a backup Hoyer is just fine.

Awesome cartoon. :rofl:

No. I'm interested in Chad Pennington as our backup. I've always loved him. Great accuracy, great leader, tough, will do whatever it takes to win. I hate how he was run out of town and victimized for the Jets' failures. He's a great guy and a consummate team player.

======================================================

:)
+1, I am all for this.

I don't think about backup quarterbacks because I don't like acknowledging the possibility of Brady being out for any amount of time.

I've wanted him to be the BU here since the Jets screwed him. I think he'd be perfect here.

Sure! Why not!

Maybe we can pick up T.O. as our public relations guy and Donte Stallworth as the team bus driver.

Just a thought...

no, but only because he'd never be number two to anyone.

I like the Pennington idea. Even when he played for the hated Jets, I eventually came to admire him as a warrior. Of the realistic possibilities, who would be a better guy to have on the bench if Tommy has to miss a game or, God forbid, more?

But um no, Favre won't unretire to be a backup.

You got that right. No way this clown's ego will allow him to back someone else up. It's all or nothing. Same reason Bledsoe retired, he knew he wasn't going to start in Dallas anymore and no one else would guarantee him a starting job.

He'd fit in perfectly here, along with LaDanian, Merriman, and Ray Lewis

You got that right. No way this clown's ego will allow him to back someone else up. It's all or nothing. Same reason Bledsoe retired, he knew he wasn't going to start in Dallas anymore and no one else would guarantee him a starting job.

That "clown" just happened to have the second best passer rating of the season and tied for second in TD throws while throwing just 7 INT

Jeez what a clown

What's wrong with Hoyer developing and being the backup.....he played well against Houston.

That "clown" just happened to have the second best passer rating of the season and tied for second in TD throws while throwing just 7 INT

Jeez what a clown

Oh okay, we should sign a 40-year-old who takes six months to make up his mind about everything because he had a good season thanks to an outstanding O-line? Jeff George had some good years too and he's looking for work, let's go get him too.

I live in Wisconsin, I know all about the bull**** this drama queen pulls every offseason. If you want the Pats to sign a crybaby like that, forgive me if I disagree. I want to see them do well in 2010.

Attenton-craving. Arguing with BB on sideline during game. Throwing high risk passes to be the football hero at the worst possible time. Dividing the locker room into Favre vs Brady factions. Playing for ego rather than team. This is the single worst idea I've heard - unless of course you're trying to destroy the franchise.

Last edited:
I can say one thing, I'm very excited about the daily Brett Farve updates on ESPN. Is he retiring, is he not? I hope he holds many press conferences to tell us his all important feelings. NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes