PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Gaffney be starting instead of Stallworth?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should Gaffney start instead of Stallworth?

• yes

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • no

Votes: 32 78.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brady199

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I wouldn't have a problem with it, l say Lets see what happens, at least when we have to make this decision in the offseason we'll have something more to go on.

Yeah - we definitely need to shake up the passing game. It clearly is not working as is.

I would say no.

And not at all because he is not an excellent, clutch receiver.

I like the way the Pats are using their wideouts right now and Gaffney seems to thrive on being the guy that comes in and make the big play.

I guess I am in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mode with the passing game.

Yeah - we definitely need to shake up the passing game. It clearly is not working as is.
I don't think Gaffney starting would be our downfall against the Jets and Dolphins.

and it's not like BB hasn't sent a message to Maroney once or twice.

Yep, the passing game needs big changes after being held to under 400 yards on Sunday. To say the least, it's almost as much of a concern as the running game. This team is in trouble, and they don't even know it yet. Suggest Patsfans.com send an emissary to Gillette this week for an awareness campaign and to work out a corrective action program with the coaching staff.

Yep, the passing game needs big changes after being held to under 400 yards on Sunday. To say the least, it's almost as much of a concern as the running game. This team is in trouble, and they don't even know it yet. Suggest Patsfans.com send an emissary to Gillette this week for an awareness campaign and to work out a corrective action program with the coaching staff.
Maybe you don't get it, we have the luxury of doing this move now, with no adverse effects, and if Gaffney didn't make some of those plays, esp against Baltimore, then maybe this team would have been in a "Little Trouble".

Maybe in the next few games it would be a good idea to get a better look at other players as well, including Merriweather, and Chad Jackson.

We have snaps change from game to game. stallworth played 59 of the 69 snaps the game before and on this one we say a bit more of gaffney and they want to sit him.....

remember the game AD did not play i am sure you made a similar post.

Of these two options, which do you go with:

Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Watson

or

Jackson, Gaffney, Brown, Brady.

I seriously think there are people on this board who would pick the latter. After all:

- The Eagles and the Ravens shut down Moss! (The sky is falling!!)
- Gaffney made a couple good plays in the last two games! (Stallworth sucks!!)
- Troy Brown is so effing clutch!! (And Welker isn't proven in big games/playoffs!)
- We need Brady in there to block because Maroney sucks, he's made out of glass, and the running game is needs to be more of a focus of our offense! (Whatever!!)

This board is killing me with stupidity recently. :bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

Gaffney seems to be doing just fine in the role he has right now.

So does Stallworth. He had one bad game.

No. Don't break up a winning combination.

Maybe you don't get it, we have the luxury of doing this move now, with no adverse effects, and if Gaffney didn't make some of those plays, esp against Baltimore, then maybe this team would have been in a "Little Trouble".

Maybe in the next few games it would be a good idea to get a better look at other players as well, including Merriweather, and Chad Jackson.
You're right, I don't get it!!!!!:eat2:

I'm unable to fathom what this critical "move" means in the scheme of things.

:blahblah:

Of these two options, which do you go with:

Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Watson

or

Jackson, Gaffney, Brown, Brady.

I seriously think there are people on this board who would pick the latter. After all:

- The Eagles and the Ravens shut down Moss! (The sky is falling!!)
- Gaffney made a couple good plays in the last two games! (Stallworth sucks!!)
- Troy Brown is so effing clutch!! (And Welker isn't proven in big games/playoffs!)
- We need Brady in there to block because Maroney sucks, he's made out of glass, and the running game is needs to be more of a focus of our offense! (Whatever!!)

This board is killing me with stupidity recently. :bricks: :bricks: :bricks:
When I was posting back in march that Randy Moss is worth a first round draft pick, and 90 percent of you said I didn't know anything, and didn't have a clue about football and Randy "lost it". well your probably the same ones now who know so much about football now. Your convienent ambnesia has served you well.

Remember "consensus is not a fact based exercise"

Last edited:
You're right, I don't get it!!!!!:eat2:

I'm unable to fathom what this critical "move" means in the scheme of things.

:blahblah:
when did I say "critical"?

I don't really think it matters which one "starts". Stallworth gets more attention but that might be changing due to Gafney's past few games. I say keep them guessing as long as possible!

I don't really think it matters which one "starts". Stallworth gets more attention but that might be changing due to Gafney's past few games. I say keep them guessing as long as possible!
I don't think they have been giving any attention to Stallworth, and he doesn't seem to be able to take advantage of Moss getting double teamed.

I think Stallworth should still play, and i think we should run plays designed for him, but i'm just not thrilled with his consistancy, or lack of.

when did I say "critical"?
The quotation marks are around "move." I added "critical" employing the use of sarcasm. No offense intended, as I just don't see this being an issue, as we know the Pats move players in and out of positions. Not sure they really stay with WR assignments 1-4.

Well stated.

If I vote "yes" , does that mean he will start?

What difference does it makes who starts?

BTW...how many believe Stallworth won't be a Patriot next year?

I get it.

If Stallworth starts, he is projected to be worth around 9.73 points. If Gaffney starts, he is expected to be worth 10.12 points.

By these metrics, it is readily apparent that Gaffney should start over Stallworth.

My question is, do you guys now consider Gaffney to be a "good receiver"? Last year, seems as though he was part of the excuse for losing:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back