PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should fantasy football be discussed in this forum?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What are your feelings about fantasy football?

• I like it and like discussing it here

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • I like it but don't think it should be discussed here

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • I don't like it but don't mind it being discussed here

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • I don't like it and I don't think it should be discussed here

Votes: 24 31.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
A newbie just posted a thread in which he asserts the assumption that most of us here are fantasy football fans as well as fans of real football. As I do not personally like fantasy football and don't really enjoy seeing posts here about it, I am wondering what the consensus of this group is. Please take the poll and post your comments below.

Note this is the second poll on this subject. The first one was flawed and I suggest you vote here instead of there.

There should be a separate forum for it, but not here. This is Patriots talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like fantasy football... I've been posting about it on here for years just like numerous others... and no poll is gonna stop me from doing it. :)

Here's a solution however, mark each fantasy thread with FF: (like OT: ) before the title.

Gang,

I am the one that posted about Fantasy Football. It was not an ad, I am going to be posting on this site throughout the season and look forward to talking football in general with you guys. Whether it is fantasy football,reality football, it doesnt matter what it is. I like talking football.

I just figured with Fantasy Football being so popular that this message board would take interest in my website. I didn't have any intention to upset people.

If you guys would like to start a Fantasy Football Thread or something, and all the fantasy fans would just talk there, I all for it.
Hope you understand where I am coming from.

Take Care,

-Bruno Boys Fantasy Football
www.bbfantasyfootball.com

I'd hate it if this turned into a fantasy football discussion group... who's on who's team... what should I do, who should I keep, who should I trade

But if people want to make an occasional reference to some eyepopping stats for individuals or offenses that's fantasy related its fine by me

Should be in a separate forum, like the Draft Forum.

SoonerPatriot said:
that's exactly what it is. 1 post. Sounds like an ad.

I concur. He sounds like a poser trying to use a professional tone. Pathetic stuff.

I wonder if Patriots fans like fantasy football less than other fans do. I personally have no interest in it, because it has nothing to do with what's important: winning games. It emphasizes what is truly unimportant for a player: statistics. I suppose big stats even can work against a team's winning.

I'm much more interested in predicting who will win a given game. Whether your fantasy RB scores a touchdown today or not is random luck. Maybe they throw to the tight end instead for that TD. Didn't mean your playing the RB was a bad decision, just an unlucky one.

I'd be just as happy flipping a coin 100 times as playing fantasy football.

So far, with 31 people voting the nays are running ahead of the yeas 71% to 29%. I.e. those who would rather that fantasy football NOT be discussed here outnumber those who do by more than 2 to 1.

So the question is what to do about it. I'd be OK with the FF: prefix in the thread subject as long as there aren't too many FF threads going at once. A perhaps better alternative might be to ask Ian to set up another forum for FF; I don't know how much work that would be but if it is more than trivial I don't want him to do it because he does so much for us already.

How does everyone feel about these ideas? Do you have other ideas?

PromisedLand said:
So far, with 31 people voting the nays are running ahead of the yeas 71% to 29%. I.e. those who would rather that fantasy football NOT be discussed here outnumber those who do by more than 2 to 1.

So the question is what to do about it. I'd be OK with the FF: prefix in the thread subject as long as there aren't too many FF threads going at once. A perhaps better alternative might be to ask Ian to set up another forum for FF; I don't know how much work that would be but if it is more than trivial I don't want him to do it because he does so much for us already.

How does everyone feel about these ideas? Do you have other ideas?
I can't say that fantasy discussion overwhelmed the forum last year, despite some grumbling and the odd descriptive exchange. I like Seymour's FF idea, my biggest irritation isn't the posting, it's opening the post to find it's a fantasy thread. As far as football topics being pushed off the front page, that winds up happening most days, even in slack periods, it sucks to have to click back a page or two to catch up on topics you are following, but that's the price of Ian's popularity.

I personally don't really care what is posted here. Then again, I can skim past a post without feeling an overwhelming urge to throw a hissy fit.

huskeralk said:
I personally don't really care what is posted here. Then again, I can skim past a post without feeling an overwhelming urge to throw a hissy fit.
Can not! ...

i say just use the General forum...not much going on there. I do not care where it is posted.

Well, there doesn't seem to be too much passion to create another forum here. How about if we all just agree to use the FF: prefix? Some of the senior posters can remind people if they forget. (Is there somewhere where the board netiquette is written up?)

Guys,

Anything is fine with me, I don't want to come and ruin the parade over here at patsfans.com but I think it would be nice if we talked some fantasy football.

If you guys don't want me here, I understand and I won't post about fantasy football and weekly rankings, etc. It doesn't matter to me.

Being a newbie on your board, I don't want to upset the vets.

Bruno Boys Fantasy Football
www.bbfantasyfootball.com

I like fantasy football but I consider it off topic and any threads with it should be marked OT. That's just my opinion. There's nothing wrong with one or two OT threads. It would be a problem if there were like 5 or 6 though.

PromisedLand said:

So the question is what to do about it.
What to do? Listen to teh 2:1 mandate and stop discussing it here. Seems pretty obvious to me....

I agree

jczxohn1 said:
Should be in a separate forum, like the Draft Forum.

Lots of people like it, but lots don't. Why not put it in a separate forum so you don't have to look at it unless you want to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back