PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Cowboys rest their starters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogan2767

Banned
Reaction score
Should Cowboys rest their starters against the Bills for next week?

How good do you really think the Cowboys are? I don't think they could win if they sat Romo and T.O.

What a shi**y topic this is.

No way, it's week 5, not week 16.

I nominate this one for worst thread of the week.

Come on! It's not like the Bills are a Pop Warner team. The Cowboys still are fighting for a playoff spot and HFA through out. They are not gearing this season to beat the Pats, at least not until the Super Bowl. I hate to disparage other people's posts, but I guess I gotta agree with the majority with this one.

explains why every team rests their starters against bad teams to rest them up for a good team right?

idiot

If I were the Cowboys I would play my starters versus the Bills (winnable game) and rest the versus the Pats (unwinnable game). :rocker:

Last edited:
That would be such a show of horrible disrespect to the Bills I can't even imagine it.

OF COURSE NOT. And I promise no one is even thinking about it.

with threads like this you'll remain on the practice squad.

Should Cowboys rest their starters against the Bills for next week?

This cant...just cant be a real question. I think you missed a smiley face in your topic.

The Bills will destroy them on pure anger if they ever did something as stupid as that.

You guys are all knocking this idea. It seems like a good strategy. The Bills are hurting, and their moods are down. The Cowboys NEED to play the Pats very tough because the Pats are good team football. Our team will score many times and the Bills are not good on offense. The Bills are strong because you need to be in NFL, so they could casue injury, but not win. Keep starters out, win in a closer match, then avoid Monday Night hangover against Pats. Plus Bills are not a conference game.

You guys are all knocking this idea. It seems like a good strategy. The Bills are hurting, and their moods are down. The Cowboys NEED to play the Pats very tough because the Pats are good team football. Our team will score many times and the Bills are not good on offense. The Bills are strong because you need to be in NFL, so they could casue injury, but not win. Keep starters out, win in a closer match, then avoid Monday Night hangover against Pats. Plus Bills are not a conference game.

You don't rest your starters in week 5. This is the worst idea I have ever heard, and the Patriots are not a conference game for the Cowboys either. Despite one team being bad, and the other being good, the games have the same weight in the standings as far as tiebreakers etc for the Cowboys. They wouldn't even do this for a divisional game let alone a non-conference game.

the week to prepare for the Pats isn't that short

yes, they should, so that they lose to the Bills.

So the Cowboys rest their starters and then lose this game and then miss a first round bye by one game. The Cowboys are not guaranteed a win with all their starters playing tonight. Having the starters sit may cost them the game especially since I don't have any idea what their depth is like eventhough I know they are very thin in the secondary.

You play to win every game and don't rest starters until there is nothing left to play for. The Cowboys are the best team in the NFC today, but they may not be come November or December. They can't look at any game as a bye week.

the week to prepare for the Pats isn't that short

Also, being one of the more popular sports franchises around, the team is conditioned to playing on short weeks because they have so many national games over the years. The Boys also play on Thanksgiving every year so having to suck it up on a short work week is no excuse for dragging ass in practice on Wednesday, let alone in the game on Sunday.

Anyone who watches the NFL knows that the Cowboys will win tonight regardless of who they start. Tonight's match is a good opp for resting Owens, and Romo, and still get the win. When they are rested for Pats they should be able to steal one from us.

So the Cowboys rest their starters and then lose this game and then miss a first round bye by one game. The Cowboys are not guaranteed a win with all their starters playing tonight. Having the starters sit may cost them the game especially since I don't have any idea what their depth is like eventhough I know they are very thin in the secondary.

You play to win every game and don't rest starters until there is nothing left to play for. The Cowboys are the best team in the NFC today, but they may not be come November or December. They can't look at any game as a bye week.

Anyone who watches the NFL knows that the Cowboys will win tonight regardless of who they start. Tonight's match is a good opp for resting Owens, and Romo, and still get the win. When they are rested for Pats they should be able to steal one from us.

Dude will you just stop? You're making yourself look more idiotic every time you post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes