PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Chad Jackson get 20 to 25 reps this Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadJacksonFan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Is that a high number with him be finally healthy.

Chad is going to start this game and have an impact.

Should he? Yes. Will he? Probably not.

I doubt it. With three veterans to work in, they'll probably spot him here and there.

It will be to his benefit in the long run IMO.

I think the real question here is what number will Jabar Gaffney where???:confused:

Hopefully now that he's off the injury report he will. When he has to run off the field after every play he cant get rythm or confidence, I would love to see him get more involved, because he's key.

I'd love to see it, but I absolutely doubt it. I believe BB when he says that he had things in mind for Jackson which, due to the circumstances, weren't necessary or feasible. Yes, he's 100% according to the report, which means we should see him more, but it won't be much more. Not at least until he definatively proves that he can be better than Gabriel or Gaffney (and no, catching 2 passes doesn't do it).

The Chad Jackson Era begins this weekend.;)

I think 20-25 is a bit too much. I would expect maybe 7-10. You don't want to break him in too much, take it week by week, introduce new things each week. I won't mind 7-10 pass plays and maybe more on running plays for blocking. I'd like to see more of his blocking skill

SeanBruschi54 said:
I think the real question here is what number will Jabar Gaffney where???:confused:

Where's the tightness guy?

Gaffney needs a tight number!:horn:

SeanBruschi54 said:
First of all, it's "wear."

Second, he'll wear #10.

ImgDyn.cfm

Ask and you shall receive! The Tightness Police is here. #10 looks really stupid. However, there is a reason for this. Either Gaffney wanted that number or the Pats gave him that number. Teams will usually assign a new player a number in the teens until the the team feel that this player will stick around, then they will give him a choice in the 80's. I don't think Gaffney will be permanant, I give him a couple of weeks. I hope I'm wrong, the Pats need all the recievers they can find.

Last edited:
THEARCHIVES said:
Teams will usually assign a new player a number in the teens until the the team feel that this player will stick around, then they will give him a choice in the 80's.
Tell that to Chad Jackson.

THEARCHIVES said:
Teams will usually assign a new player a number in the teens until the the team feel that this player will stick around, then they will give him a choice in the 80's. I don't think Gaffney will be permanant, I give him a couple of weeks.

That's probably why they signed him to a 2-year deal with no bonuses to spread out. Can we please institute an aptitude test before giving out posting rights, willy-nilly?

BelichickFan said:
Tell that to Chad Jackson.

* Maybe that's a bad sign for Chad -:) Back to the thread subject though and I'd say, yes, he should get that many reps, or more, because it's about time he got on the field and starting playing like s fulltime player. If he's really not playing due to injury that's different. I don't really know either way obviously. When I 1st heard Chad had other issue's I dismissed it but it seems to be something that's hanging around and been said by different sources now. But yes, he should get plenty of reps if he isn't injured.

i am looking forward too to see Chad Jackson finally healthy on the field

anyway this is a very good new

let's see what will happens @ Buffalo

i hope he will have a good game and perhaps 1 td too on a long ball...

ps = pity that Graham still questionable

patsox23 said:
That's probably why they signed him to a 2-year deal with no bonuses to spread out. Can we please institute an aptitude test before giving out posting rights, willy-nilly?

The no bonus makes it more likely they'd cut him, not less. Nothing to amortize, no sunk costs.

PatsSteve1 said:
* When I 1st heard Chad had other issue's I dismissed it but it seems to be something that's hanging around and been said by different sources now. But yes, he should get plenty of reps if he isn't injured.

Actually all that came from possibly one source. Tom Casale and the "four" posters on this site who all advertised for Casale's show on this website from the same IP Address.

Sometimes I don't like BB. He takes all the fun out of speculating for me. There really is no "should" for me when it comes to the Pats: if Chad plays a bunch of snaps he deserves it, if he doesn't then he clearly didn't deserve it. At least Parcells had a massive ego so that even if the team was doing well you could second-guess him.

The pats have always used WR rotations in a game depending on 3 or 2 or even 4 WR so every one will get a rep no worries.The trick of the system is you cannot have a #1 WR guy in all thetime so no point getting one.
Look for gab,cadwell/troy and gaffey/chad/troy combo out their this weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back