PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shot heard 'round the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontSeven

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
In NFL circles don't you think last night's performance really blew some major mind? The team came out and smashed a smashmouth team right up the middle, then it carved it up underneath by air, taking the open guy every time, completely happy to use Randy All World Moss as a blocker.

What next?

If I'm a DC I'm thinking, "Holy crap, did that team just morph from 'soft' down field threat to 'beat the snot out of our noses' bully? What the hell are we supposed to do to stop THAT??"

This is hard to even imagine. The team is not only peaking in terms of personal accomplishments on the part of future HOF players, but as a group it's in its prime, not at its end, even with the coaching staff is finding its prime, and has found a seemingly eternal wellspring of new and innovative game plans.

Who said the offense would fall apart when Charlie Weiss left?

Just look at the fake snap to Faulk as total proof that the team is beyond mortal. That play just didn't work - it faked the ear wax out of every brain container in the entire world. It was like a first-time Houdini magic trick. It was the hand being quicker than the eye or the camera. It was obvious that they practiced that play *many* times, as Brady turned his back to the defense and counted "one thousand one" before turning back. He used amazingly well-rehearsed body language. His body language said, "I'm bored." Are you kidding me? Bored before throwing the game winning TD? Break down that one play and you have just discovered what is most amazing about this team. I don't even know what to call it. I'll call it "innovative" and just try to get my jaw up off of the floor by Monday morning. I don't really know what it is. It's not right. It's not mortal. It's beyond Lombardi.

Even more amazing is how the Patriots anticipated that the Jaguars studied previous film of the Faulk-snap play and would also anticipate and read that alignment. Now you get an idea of how deep the trap was. Now you get the idea that the Pats are like Great White Hunter who not only has the smarts to tote the biggest, baddest gun, but has the smarts to lure his prey into a deadly and embarrassing trap. Shooting fish in a barrell?

I really think that game was the shot heard 'round the world in the NFL, despite Favre's amazing comeback. The Sea Hawks are not the Jaguars. The Jaguars were the last hope that somebody could smash the Pats in the mouth and make them cry uncle. The Jags were supposed to be the Chosen Ones, the Team of Destiny, the Toughest and Baddest. To all those smart analysts that thought the Jags were tougher than the Pats all I can say is, "Have a nice life. Remove your money from the market immediately before you lose it all because you do not have the smarts to play with big money."

i can't say im happy with the performance of the DBs yesterday (although they should bounce back from a crap game), but our run defense, and especially our offense is incredible. i am in 100% agreement with your post.
the "shot heard round the world" was probably only heard by pats fans, general managers and coaches around the world though. but a shot in the heart nonetheless

Great post. Last night was yet another example of the Pats raising the bar higher than you would think possible.

What a ride :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey