PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shoddy Boston Globe Journalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuiGon

Banned
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how something like this gets published...? Other than the writer being a doofus, how can the editors miss something like this...? are they really so clueless...?

"Quite likely, that guy will always be behind Vinatieri, the Patriots' all-time leading scorer, who moved to the Baltimore Colts in March."

QuiGon said:
Can anyone tell me how something like this gets published...? Other than the writer being a doofus, how can the editors miss something like this...? are they really so clueless...?

"Quite likely, that guy will always be behind Vinatieri, the Patriots' all-time leading scorer, who moved to the Baltimore Colts in March."

A lot of writers at the Globe are still living in the 60's!

QuiGon said:

Yeah, I noted that earlier in my futile attempt to consolidate Globe threads. ;)
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=38327

But honestly, "shoddy journalism" is a pretty heavy accusation for a silly error like this. I'd just call it sloppy weekend copy-checking...perchance the editorial first team doesn't take the Friday night shifts in the middle of summer?

QuiGon said:

Not to worry . . . the correction will read that the Globe meant the Cleveland Browns who moved to Baltimore. That should put to rest any confusion.

i approve of this thread...mostly cause i dont remember the last time i saw the word, shoddy, used.

patchick said:
Yeah, I noted that earlier in my futile attempt to consolidate Globe threads. ;)
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=38327

But honestly, "shoddy journalism" is a pretty heavy accusation for a silly error like this. I'd just call it sloppy weekend copy-checking...perchance the editorial first team doesn't take the Friday night shifts in the middle of summer?
So a journalist slaps together a shoddy product and it is someone else's fault for not noticing?

Nah.

It just means that two Globe departments were lax. Sloppy weekend copy checking failed to detect the shoddy journalism.

spacecrime said:
So a journalist slaps together a shoddy product and it is someone else's fault for not noticing?

Nah.

It just means that two Globe departments were lax. Sloppy weekend copy checking failed to detect the shoddy journalism.

Oh, quite so...I didn't mean to let Solomon off the hook! Heck, I posted the link myself. It's just that "shoddy journalism" to me sounds like something far more substantive -- say, taking a biased source at face value without verifying the facts, etc. This was just a simple, stupid brain fart; a mental typo.

patchick said:
Oh, quite so...I didn't mean to let Solomon off the hook! Heck, I posted the link myself. It's just that "shoddy journalism" to me sounds like something far more substantive -- say, taking a biased source at face value without verifying the facts, etc. This was just a simple, stupid brain fart; a mental typo.
Gotcha.

10 chars

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill