Shockey done for the year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The season of attrition continues, apparently broke his leg last night.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

BROKEN LEG, DAMAGED ANKLE FOR SHOCKEY

Andrea Kremer of NBC reports that Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey has a broken leg and damage to his ankle as a result of an ugly injury that he suffered in the third quarter of Sunday night's game against the Redskins.

Shockey's teammate, receiver Amani Toomer, rolled onto his leg from behind.

The veteran tight end will have surgery, and is done for the year.

Shockey is made of glass. Puhleaze.

That's too bad about Shockey. They wheeled him off and brought the X-rays back out on the field for the doctor to look at. You could see that there was an extra crack in his fibula that wasn't supposed to be there.

Pretty gruesome injury as I suspect he won't be back for the playoffs either.

i just saw the injury this morning on sportscenter. it looked really nasty.

Last edited:
The season of attrition continues, apparently broke his leg last night.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

BROKEN LEG, DAMAGED ANKLE FOR SHOCKEY

Andrea Kremer of NBC reports that Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey has a broken leg and damage to his ankle as a result of an ugly injury that he suffered in the third quarter of Sunday night's game against the Redskins.

Shockey's teammate, receiver Amani Toomer, rolled onto his leg from behind.

The veteran tight end will have surgery, and is done for the year.

That really sucks for the Giants. Not sure how far into the playoffs they could've went WITH him, muchless w/o.

That really sucks for the Giants. Not sure how far into the playoffs they could've went WITH him, muchless w/o.

Let's see. NE Patriots lost starting TE Dan Graham to FA, then lost TE Dave Thomas to IR, TE Dave Watson didn't play yesterday due to injury, and remaining TE Kyle Brady was injured early and left the game leaving a street pickup from last week as their only TE. Somehow, I don't shed tears for the Giants.

Last edited:
Let's see. NE Patriots lost starting TE Dan Graham to FA, then lost TE Dave Thomas to IR, TE Dave Watson didn't play yesterday due to injury, and remaining TE Kyle Brady was injured early and left the game leaving a street pickup from last week as their only TE. Somehow, I don't shed tears for the Giants.

uh, ... So?

Sorry, there must be a genetics law I missed that Steelers fans can't be very bright. My bad.

Wait, you quoted me and posted a bunch of garbage about the Pats then mentioned that you won't be shedding any tears for the Giants. This thread is about Jeremy Shockey no? If that's the way you feel, why quote me?
Are you trying to convince me that you are smart?

Wait, you quoted me and posted a bunch of garbage about the Pats then mentioned that you won't be shedding any tears for the Giants. This thread is about Jeremy Shockey no? If that's the way you feel, why quote me?
Are you trying to convince me that you are smart?

I'll try to type s..l..o..w..l..y for you.

You whined about the impact of the loss of a starting TE on a possible playoff team, making a big deal about it.
I simply showed how disproportionate your reaction was, and illustrated how a decently run team overcame similar or worse adversity at the same TE position. Hello!
Sorry about the complexities of Patriots football staffing for you Steelers fans.
Back to cut & pastes about the 70s and the Aztecs, as you'd prefer.

Last edited:
I'll try to type s..l..o..w..l..y for you.

You whined about the impact of the loss of a starting TE on a possible playoff team, making a big deal about it.
I simply showed how disproportionate your reaction was, and illustrated how a decently run team overcame similar or worse adversity at the same TE position. Hello!
Sorry about the complexities of Patriots football staffing for you Steelers fans.
Back to cut & pastes about the 70s and the Aztecs, as you'd prefer.

I whined? Made a big deal about it? I merely said that sucks for the Giants who were probably not going to go far into the playoffs to begin with. You're trying to make something out of nothing and my being a Steelers fan has nothing at all to do with it. Again, the thread was about Shockey. You are an example of an @$$hole patriots fan who wants to throw his team into everyones face every chance he gets. I'll give you credit though, not one gay comment in any of these posts. I guess you invested in a pee-pee pump then? If so, you won't need that big truck anymore. I may just have a buyer for you too....Patriots Pride? You know you want the big truck to make up for....well, that's your little secret isn't it.

Last edited:
I whined? Made a big deal about it? I merely said that sucks for the Giants who were probably not going to go far into the playoffs to begin with. You're trying to make something out of nothing and my being a Steelers fan has nothing at all to do with it. Again, the thread was about Shockey. You are an example of an @$$hole patriots fan who wants to throw his team into everyones face every chance he gets. I'll give you credit though, not one gay comment in any of these posts. I guess you invested in a pee-pee pump then? If so, you won't need that big truck anymore. I may just have a buyer for you too....Patriots Pride? You know you want the big truck to make up for....well, that's your little secret isn't it.

Uh genius, this is a Patriots board.
I compared one team's TE situation to another's. On a Patriots board. Get it?
No, I'm not surprised that you don't.

P.S. You're continuing your gay obsession thing. Projecting again. Get help.

Uh genius, this is a Patriots board.
I compared one team's TE situation to another's. On a Patriots board. Get it?
No, I'm not surprised that you don't.

P.S. You're continuing your gay obsession thing. Projecting again. Get help.

I wasn't the one who started the thread on Shockey. Get over yourself bud. I'm projecting nothing, I merely gave you kudo's on the "pump" that is going to help you gain the confidence in yourself that you're presently lacking. I'm on your side ;)

I wasn't the one who started the thread on Shockey. Get over yourself bud. I'm projecting nothing, I merely gave you kudo's on the "pump" that is going to help you gain the confidence in yourself that you're presently lacking. I'm on your side ;)
hi honey its your mommy .you can stay at jimmycrackcorns house tonight .my stud patriotspride is over and i dont want you to hear all the noise coming out of the bedroom . oh and make sure to put your diapers on.remember what happened last time you stayed over there ? its not fair to jimmys mother to have to clean up your mess .:rolleyes:

hi honey its your mommy .you can stay at jimmycrackcorns house tonight .my stud patriotspride is over and i dont want you to hear all the noise coming out of the bedroom . oh and make sure to put your diapers on.remember what happened last time you stayed over there ? its not fair to jimmys mother to have to clean up your mess .:rolleyes:

....I've decided not to issue a cookie on this one. Your attempts at humor are either lacking or just don't translate well into text. Either way, no cookie.
Here, try this:

www.you_can_be_funny_too.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes