Welcome to PatsFans.com

Shocker: The right hates Obama more than it "loves" America

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wildo7, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Right-Wingers Root Against U.S., Then Celebrate Olympic Bid Failure | Video | AlterNet

And Matt Drudge who's apparently so giddy that Chicago won't hosting the olympics that he has half the page dedicated to it and highlighted in red "alert, alert, hysteria!" font, provides us with giant bold heading that reads "The Ego Has Landed" with a link to this article:

http://www.reuters.com/article/olympicsNews/idUSN0232140920091002

What a sad joke these idiots are.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  2. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I find it somewhat amusing, he had no business pleading to the IOC in such a public way, and shame on his advisers for totally misreading the situation. You send the President over when its already basically in the bag, not to ask pretty please and smile for the cameras. Why is it so bad to find the situation funny? It would be just as funny if W went and got shut down. The pickpockets and kidnappers are dancing in the streets in Rio right now, good for them.

Maybe now he can focus on some less important matters like Afghanistan and health care reform.
  3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

It's only "bad" because the right just declared about a week ago that if he went and it wasn't awarded to the U.S. that it would be an "embarrassment" for him. That's why I linked to the article that talked about how all of the leaders of the other countries went too.

The right is trying to frame this as arrogant Obama, showing up alone and presuming that the rest of the world will bow to his demands and then taking it as a sign of lack of respect that they didn't give it to him. Which is just a bunch of BS. He went over to pitch for the Olympics like everyone else, and didn't get it like almost everyone else.
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Did you put your boots on when you typed all this stuff ... please already.
    He has some of the brightest advisors a President has ever had ... he knew the score weeks ago and he has bigger problems. Sending Michelle was actually the right thing to do or did he think she would get to much press? If I was Michelle I would be mad that he went ... I think he hurt more than he helped.
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Thank God we didn't get the Olympics.............. It's economic DISASTER for middle class taxpayers. HERE'S A 2005 ARTICLE that discusses the economic reality of "hosting"

From the article;

I know you are a fan of "redistribution of wealth" but I'm not sure this is the direction you want it to go in.

Seriously, think of something other than politics for a few minutes.

and more;

For me, it's not about politics, but economics.

I do find this Brazilian goof funny though.

[​IMG]
  6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

They're blaming Bush ...

7. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I am afraid , you are correct , the 8 years with G W Bush as President did more harm than good with our allies and ennemies , all together.
  8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Bush sucked but would you like to tell me when they loved us before 2000 in the modern era ... oh say since Vietnam or Korea? Other than our huge economy we have not been liked.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Yea too bad he took a day to promote a city in the US.. that may have benefitted from thie event...

Flying under the radar, and not reported in the right propaganda newssites, was he met with General McCrystal.... but who cares, Drudge and the rest of the right are dancing because he is perceived as a failure.
  10. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

It is a less expensive flight on AF1 to Chicago. He could have stepped in and adressed the death of that 16 yr old boy whom was killed eight days ago. No he chose to pander to the IOC on behalf of what, those whom have lined his campaign pockets. It's funny because this guy does'nt care about "his" people. Because he has no people.
  11. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Yes ... he did meet with the General ... and all they did was say they would talk again. This from the man who said in his campaign that you do not send soldiers when you have no plan. He has sent more an he still has no plan. Bush did not have a plan either > just saying.
  12. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I never thaught it was very dignified, i don't think he should have done it. But thats not the point. The point is the rt rejoicing in his getting shot down. Having the oympics is and honor, just look at the people in Rio celebrating.
    If W went and did this i wouldn't have laughed at him, and i don't think the media in general would laugh, what did they day when W wa over in China last year for FOUR days watching the olympics, nothing. They could have said "why isn't the president here, the economy is suffering its worst collapse since the great depression" I don't remember that happening
  13. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

How can you say that? It's a huge business opportunity, and other foreign leaders made the same pitch as well. It was worth a shot, even if it failed. Incidentally, one of the reasons it failed was because of the Bush era laws that make it really difficult for most foreigners (not Europeans) to get a visa to enter the US. It can take as long as 3 months. I don't think Obama stands on ceremony as much as some previous presidents and that's a good thing. I also think he's in superb physical health, is quite young, and is very focused, so is able to take on a larger workload than anyone since Clinton. Republican leaders tend to be decrepit or immature, at least since Ike.
  14. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Perhaps it comes down to something as simple as the IOC not liking being lied to, such as when a certain First Joker gives them a speech talking about the memories she has of sitting in her fathers lap watching Carl Lewis win Olympic gold only to have someone point out the her that she would have been 20 years old at the time.
  15. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think the attitude there was "thank god he's away for a few days.":D
  16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This sentiment is 100% accurate and it speaks volumes as to the shameful state of politics in our country. But any impartial analysis can only conclude that both sides are equally guilty. They would each rather see their opponents fail than the country succeed. Everyone is obsessed with assigning blame instead of resolving problems.

Call me crazy, but when Clinton was President I supported him and hoped he succeeded. When Bush was President, I supported him and hoped he succeeded. With Obama as President, I support him and hope he succeeds. Sometimes I htink I am the only one.
  17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

I suppose it is better to grandstand in Denmark even if it fails that be in DC to respond to the latest dreadful non farm payroll report released today.
  18. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Again a swing and a miss on a few points here Patters. First, hosting an olympics is no guarantee of any benefit for the city, don't forget Salt Lake City was headed for financial disaster before Romney stepped in. Second, I would be willing to bet US visa policy had little or nothing to do with the decision, Rio was a good choice and a positive nod for south america. Third your comment about D vs. R Presidents is plain wrong. Ford was a former football player, Reagan was in excellent condition during his Presidency, an absolute picture of health, Bush 41 was in excellent condition, and was a former Baseball star at Yale, and Bush 43 was a workout fanatic who also kept himself in great shape. Clinton struggled with his weight and Obama smokes.
  19. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Of course, we all know the President goes over multiple issues every day, just an issue of perception more than anything. Just like it was poor form for Bush to take so much "vacation" even though all the briefings etc still go on. Looks bad, especially when people seemed to know ahead of time that Chicago had no shot. Its really not a big deal, but I do think its funny to see such a dumb move over an essentially inconsequential issue.
  20. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I particularly LOVE the GWB angle................ If you beleive that you don't have a clue about life. Have you ever seen the guys that vote on this. They are all 142 year old and they really could care less about world politics (so much so that they did not even fall under Obama's spell). IOC politics is another matter, but...... world politics, NO.....

Chicago never had much of a shot, not against Rio.......... Like I said, it's probably not a bad thing either. Economically, it's usually good in the short term, riunous oin the long-term. For the record, I have no problem that Obama went over there. If I were him, I wouldn't have, because....... like I said, Chicago was a real uphill battle against Rio and the whole "no games ever in SA angle".