PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Shocker /s) No Changes to Pre-Game Ball Inspections in '15

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Football Zebras @footballzebras
According to source, no discussions about game balls at officiating clinic this wknd. New procedures for '15 not yet known

@footballzebras
Possible there will be extra security or changes to chain of custody, but apparently not a major effect on refs

If you think Goodell is reducing Brady's suspension you are out of your mind. They won't even change the procedures on how refs do the pre-game ball inspection, nope, instead they are probably just gonna add extra security and will probably now have the refs bring the balls out instead of the home field ball attendants.

But really this shouldn't come as a surprise or anything them changing any procedures makes it look like the refs did something wrong and helps Brady's case even more

People still clinging Quixotically to the hope that Goodell will do what is right, all evidence and character to the contrary, are enviably naive. He hasn't thus far, what makes people think he will now? He freaking picked himself to hear Brady's case, even though he had been called to testify. If that doesn't tell you he doesn't give a f@#$, then nothing will.

Kraft is the only person on the planet stupid enough to think that Goodell values fairness.

But really this shouldn't come as a surprise or anything them changing any procedures makes it look like the refs did something wrong and helps Brady's case even more

Winner, along with the fact that actual testing of how weather affects psi could demonstrate conclusively that the Patriots did nothing wrong.

Keeping appearances is so much more important than actually being right.

I can see this whole fiasco going into the 2015 season and then Brady and his legal team collecting data on the ball PSI from multiple games to strengthen their case that PSI changes with the weather.

The pregame ball inspection is fine. The problem is with the idiots in the NFL front office.

Why fix something when it can arbitrarily used to handicap a team that has gotten to far ahead of the curve. Listen, the league can only change the rules so many times to prevent the patriots from using legal formations, sometimes you gotta toss in some imaginary ******** about air pressure being intentionally removed despite a complete lack of ANY EVIDENCE.

By not changing the way the pre-game inspections of balls go down in 2015, isn't the NFL essentially admitting that this isn't that big of a deal? Sure sounds like it. Otherwise, if this was as big as the bogus punishment handed down by Goodell, the pre-game inspections would have seen significant changes going into this season.

I just hope the Patriots film all the procedures and document them , the NFL is so ridiculous that I don't doubt they would dare to play the same card next winter again.

If they changed the rules now they would be admitting that their procedures were flawed. They'd get killed in court for that. They can't say "We're going to study football PSI over the course of a year" and punish Brady at the same time before that study is out.

I can see this whole fiasco going into the 2015 season and then Brady and his legal team collecting data on the ball PSI from multiple games to strengthen their case that PSI changes with the weather.

The hilarious irony is that the Pats would almost certainly be penalized for altering/tampering with footballs outside the refs official measurements.

Even though the Colts doing that exact same thing is what started this massive clusterf* on its course. Never mind that the measurements of the game-used football were in range of the expected PSI--the idiots on the field and with the league just didn't know about the IGL and footballs varying pressures. Never mind that the Colts haven't been penalized for tampering with footballs during the course of the game (the only clear-cut, documented violation of league rules that's come from this ****ing situation).

God I hate this entire story so much.

Last edited:
By not changing the way the pre-game inspections of balls go down in 2015, isn't the NFL essentially admitting that this isn't that big of a deal? Sure sounds like it. Otherwise, if this was as big as the bogus punishment handed down by Goodell, the pre-game inspections would have seen significant changes going into this season.

This is "only one team did it and we have no reason to believe any others have even though the face of our league said he tries to get illegally over inflated balls put into play"

Anything the NYJFL might do to make ball inflation more transparent to the public would, ineluctably, expose the emptiness of the charges against Brady and the Pats and would show the Ravens', Colts', and, especially, the NYJFL officials involved to be ignorant and petty haters. They won't do it unless pressured to.

of course, you all do realize that this season there will be dozens of independent experiments done before every game by human beings with actual ,measurable intelligence levels that supercede the established Troy Vincent/Roger Goodell submongoloidal baseline...there HAS to be people working in NFL Offices that have made this aware to the damnable scumbagdell. How does the NFL refute the avalanche of new scientific documentation that will sledgehammer home the TRUTH?

I cannot wait...I have no idea what this ignoroid Goodell thinks can possibly happen going forward to buttress HIS idiotic stance.

I know they are doing this to avoid looking complicit in the psi fiasco, but the irony is that this still undermines their case anyway.

If psi is so fundamental to the integrity of the game that a possible half pound of pressure is worth two draft picks, a million bucks and a four game suspension, why wouldn't ensuring it can't happen again be the top priority of the 2015 offseason?

Seriously, this was penalized as if it were the worst infraction in the history of the game, yet the NFL sees no need to implement fairly simple procedural changes in response to it? WTF am I missing?

I wish someone in the Patriots organization would setup a science experiment display at every home game. I'm picturing a pedestal with a glass box on top with plenty of ventilation holes drilled in. Inside a football inflated just before game time to 12.5 psi and a gauge permanently attached. Put a stadium camera on it and flash it on the big screen periodically throughout the game.

I know they are doing this to avoid looking complicit in the psi fiasco, but the irony is that this still undermines their case anyway.

If psi is so fundamental to the integrity of the game that a possible half pound of pressure is worth two draft picks, a million bucks and a four game suspension, why wouldn't ensuring it can't happen again be the top priority of the 2015 offseason?

Seriously, this was penalized as if it were the worst infraction in the history of the game, yet the NFL sees no need to implement fairly simple procedural changes in response to it? WTF am I missing?

Nothing. You aren't missing anything. It is and was a witchhunt that had no basis in reality. Any "rumors" we're floated by other teams just to set the stage. There were no facts. A team, and especially a NE team, couldn't continue to be this successful. So, a few owners/executives (Irsay, Biscotti, and I'm betting HorseFace) got together to concoct a fictitious story. It didn't work in the end, because of Brady and Butler doing what they did.

Then Irsay drafts a WR over a defensive lineman and Biscotti got Arrington. Horseface watched his o-line disintegrate and Gomer a year older. Wonder what "scandal" will be brought to light against the Pats this season because this I don't beieve is the end. Remember they still have the Butler issue with the NFLPA no one is talking about.

I wish someone in the Patriots organization would setup a science experiment display at every home game. I'm picturing a pedestal with a glass box on top with plenty of ventilation holes drilled in. Inside a football inflated just before game time to 12.5 psi and a gauge permanently attached. Put a stadium camera on it and flash it on the big screen periodically throughout the game.
I think the Pats would be crazy not to take pressure readings on all of the footballs after every game. There's no rule against doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes