PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shmessy Replies to Tom Casale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brownfan80 said:
You mean the user names were up there and are now gone and I missed them?? OH CURSE THE LUCK. :(
No, I mean some of the regular posters making guesses have deleted their posts guessing to the multiple identities of "alison".

HEY.... I've got an idea. Let's trade Asante for Randy Moss! Yeah, that's the ticket! Lets forget this mess and go back to picking on Keegs... he's an easy target and doesn't seem to mind. ;)

(And NO that's not a hint, Keegs has nothing to do with this)

I think I got all of mine. Hopefully that makes T-Shirt's headache a bit smaller.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
No, I mean some of the regular posters making guesses have deleted their posts guessing to the multiple identities of "alison".

HEY.... I've got an idea. Let's trade Asante for Randy Moss! Yeah, that's the ticket! Lets forget this mess and go back to picking on Keegs... he's an easy target and doesn't seem to mind. ;)

Haha. Keegs could never mastermind this kind of operation! ;)

I can't forget this mess, just so you know.. If it gets swept under the table I'm going to end up PM pestering people after it blows over just so that my personal curiousity is sated.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Sigh, in the good old days it would have been BF80 & PATSNUTme, Keegs just isn't the same. :(

If it makes the above posters feel any better, I no longer have any idea who or what you are talking about!

Just a hypothetical Q though I want to reiterate to Casale - does what Chad Jackson did at the gala really tell us anything about either a) what type of football player he is b) what type of person he is. I know the answer to both is NO. Yet Casale carried on like a little gossip whore for months now. What a joke.

Last edited:
Patsgirl_DK said:
All I was saying was that I think you are taking this a bit out of context. All the guys at PFW have high hopes for Jackson and they all believe he will be good at some point. You would know this if you listened to the show on a regular basis.

As for calling out this site. I haven´t read Smessys original post that made Casale give his little speech so I couldn´t say if he was out of line. If Smessy was calling him a liar and saying that he only made up this story to get better ratings then I can understand that he took it personally. Other people have said things about the incident - so it´s not a lie. Saying all the things about us only watching the games, not really knowing this team, not having a life besides posting on this board ect. was a cheap shot though IMO.

This gala was a big foundraiser event - very importent to Robert Kraft. Making an ***** of yourself at such an event is very stupid and immature IMO. I love Quentin Tarantino but there a lot of circumstances where I would not go around quoting his movies because I am an adult. At 21 you should be able to behave as an adult. The other players clearly felt that he was been disrespectfull. I´m not saing drafting Jackson was a mistake. I love him like I love all the Patriots players and I´m willing to forgive him for a lot of mistakes as long as he proves that he is able to learn from them. Like I said BBs praise for him tells me that he probably did just that.

Patsgirl, as miniscule as their audience may be, these guys are broadcasting.

We're not eavesdropping on their conversation, they are putting out information.

If it isn't intended to be a story, they shouldn't be flogging it for five or ten minutes at a time, like little high school gossips.

Either say what you saw or shut up. I heard part of it originally and I expected it to be a big story or go away.

I know they think it's no big deal and they don't have ratings.

That's because they are unprofessional.

The only one who would go on and on with insinuations and innuendos without revealing their relevance is Borges and he has his own psychological problems.

PatsGirl_DK said:
At 21 you should be able to behave as an adult.

A) 21 year olds should act as adults? Really. That's definitely news to me, last I checked most 21 year olds are still in college and enjoying most things that 21 year olds enjoy.
B) Bill Belichick has been allegedly carrying on some illicit affair and no one cares, why? B/c it has nothing to do with football, b/c it's his personal life, b/c it's none of our business and we trust that it won't get in the way. Why not apply the same to ONE FRIGGIN JOKE Chad Jackson made at a gala?? Is Chad Jackson a bad person b/c he made what a few stuffy people have deemed an inappropriate joke? Is Chad Jackson less likely to succeed on a football field b/c he made this joke? This is so ridicolous it's just beyond insanity.

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
Fair enough that it's in Ian's hands, but if we've been... infiltrated... then I think we long standing members have a right to know!

:D Besides, I'm curious as hell what is really going on with all of this crazy nonsense.

This thread tells me the bye week should be eliminated.

WTF is going on here....I am soooo confused.

This thread has gotten quite Shmessy!! :D

I say we let this whole topic go. Casale obvious reads our website in one way or another, which is probably a good thing.

Let's cut him a little slack for now. He is still one of the reasonable journalists in town and we don't need to goad him over to the 'dark side'.

fgssand said:
This thread tells me the bye week should be eliminated.

WTF is going on here....I am soooo confused.

Nothing, nothing at all! You are feeling very sleepy, very sleepppyyyyy......

since67 said:
wow...what an assumption...:confused:

so let me get this straight...

a statement is made in a movie...

someone makes a very similar statement...

therefore...the person is quoting the movie...

it could be true or it could just as well not be true...it depends on more context than is supplied in either the discussions here or the soundbite...

i'm just debating the logic implied here...:eek:

This is how rumors start. the one who said that has been found to be a fake poster pretending to be a girl. No real person has implied that.

Casale said he talked loud. That's all.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
This thread has gotten quite Shmessy!! :D

I say we let this whole topic go. Casale obvious reads our website in one way or another, which is probably a good thing.

Let's cut him a little slack for now. He is still one of the reasonable journalists in town and we don't need to goad him over to the 'dark side'.
Harumph, Pshaw, and Phooey.

I've never really liked Casale admittedly, and maybe you are right he deserves to be cut some slack, but he certainly didn't cut CJ that slack. How is his treatment of Chad Jackson reasonable? Unless CJ got up there and made jokes about torturing small animals or molesting little kids in his spare time, I don't see how it is worthy of the attention Casale gave it, and the resulting month+ of negative rumors that have followed around this 21 year old kid.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Ouch, that hurt Willie. I can't believe you compared me to him. I'm checking your IP next. ;)

Sorry for the suspense, been away taking care of my kid who isn't sleeping tonight. (Contrary to popular belief, some posters here at PatsPsychos.com not only have kissed a girl / have a girlfriend, but are actually married with kids! :eek:)

Look, I'm sure I screwed up by blabbing. I was surprised when I figured out who Alisonlovesbrady really was (because I was JUST about to defend "her" when I decided to compare a few posts first), and blurted out about the multiple usernames before thinking. I'd delete it if you guys hadn't already quoted the hell outta it. I should have just kept my mouth shut and just notified Ian (which I have done) and let the chips fall as he sees fit. Don't make it worse on me by speculating, huh? I know I can't put the cat back in the bag now.

Perhaps the gentleman in question will be a man about it and come clean, but I doubt it. Perhaps I'll be banned for life tomorrow for my lack of discretion. Perhaps...

(Kid woke up again before I could post this, I get back now and see some of the speculation has already been deleted. I appreciate that. :) )

I wish you had, T-Shirt. Especially since I'd already called him a man in a dress.:D

Take a good look boys!!!!!

This thread will be gone by morning! ;)

Enjoy it while it lasts!

PFW was pretty bad not too long ago. Two things have helped it improve in the last couple months or so:

1. Casale's football knowledge
2. Whoever coached the hosts to not yell over each other all day long, just 10% of the time.

At least it rules Keegs out! ;)
hey man i would never do that crap.

I may say a ton of stupid crap and argue with Digger way too much, but i wouldn't do this crap.

Most of the time im just being an idiot and saying crap because i am incredibly bored at work.

And a lot of the times it is just mocking the dumb ideas i read on here (Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, etc.)
so yeah, it's not me, and it won't ever be.

Thanks BF80, 5 Rings and others. I'm not trying to overdramatic, just ain't my forum, for all I know Ian could care less about me "outting" multiple-username trolls. Just my gut feeling that I spoke before thinking, and that's never a good thing. ;)

Back to the subject at hand. Don't let my slip up distract from the point of the thread, the fact that Casale screwed the pooch with his rumormongering on this thing.

RayClay said:
I know they think it's no big deal and they don't have ratings.

That's because they are unprofessional.
That's the kicker. Just another disengenuous comment from Casale and crew. They DO have ratings. No, not Arbitron ratings, or Birch ratings like a real radio show has to deal with... but they have "ratings" found in the traffic statistics on the pages of Patriots.com that lead you, poor listener, to their streams and podcasts, and they have sales of the their print product which listenership of PFW In Progress is supposed to support.

Casale dumped on Shmessy for mentioning ratings, and that was total bulls**t manipulation. Believe me, if Patriots.com home page recieved 10 thousand hits a day, and the links from the Patriots.com home page pointing to the PFW broadcast only generated 500 hits a day, they would have no "show" (if you can call it that).

They don't have "ratings" per se, but they do have measurable traffic, which is in their own best interest to pump up to the fullest, and salacious rumormongering causes 'street-talk', increases 'top of mind awareness' and ultimately boosts traffic. And unfortunately, this incident has probably given them the best traffic they've ever seen on their traffic statistics. Book it.

Nothing, nothing at all! You are feeling very sleepy, very sleepppyyyyy......

I went to sleep having heard the Casale hatchet job on Jackson originally a few months ago - only to awake and read about impostors, hijackers and then more vomit from Casale, only this time projected on us??

Tom Casale, with his ax, gave Chad Jackson 40 whacks - when we questioned what he had done - he gave us all 41???

Is that it??

shakadave said:
PFW was pretty bad not too long ago. Two things have helped it improve in the last couple months or so:

1. Casale's football knowledge........

Then perhaps he should stick to football analysis instead of character assassination via vague innuendo about a 21 year old rookie at a social event.

Something we all forget sometimes is that these players have families and former teachers and priests. If there is a story to be reported about the kid, report it. If you want to "protect him from bad pub." as The PFW folks CLAIM, then DON'T report it.

What they did was spend several minutes gossiping on their show back in August (and then today for another 7 + minutes) about how immature and badly Jackson acted at the event...........but they didn't feel it was "right" to specify. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back