PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shmessy Replies to Tom Casale

Status
Not open for further replies.
patriotsrule said:
I hear you 5 Rings but I think it was all in good fun. He gets worked up but I listen to the show a lot and he gives props to this site probably more than anyone. He always mentions it and other than today, it's always to say something good about it. Like I said earlier I actually like him so I'm bias but I still think he's the only one there worth a damn. Besides, after today, he'll love everyone here. We have made him a superstar. This is the most publicity he's probably ever received. :D

Fair enough. I don't really care one way or the other about the whole issue, to be honest. I was just sticking up for the guys and gals of Patpsycho.com! ;)

Box_O_Rocks said:
Don't worry about the paranoid folks, they've had their own run ins - especially don't feel guilty that your memory still works. There are some here who just repost the same thing each week, we charitably consider them to be one trick ponies instead of old gray mares.

Careful, Box! Dude looks like a lady! :D :D :D :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Well lookie here... Alisonlovesbrady just HAPPENS to register tonight.. just HAPPENS to share the intimate details of what Casale "witnessed" and just HAPPENS to have been posting from the same IP Address as a very well known poster.

Mmmmm... Alison, I believe multiple usernames are a bannable offense. Would you like to come clean now and clear the air. Maybe we can put this whole Casale vs. PatsPsychos.com "war" to rest?

Come on. At least two mods know who you are. Step up and own up to it.

LOL, wow. The IP never lies. I can't believe these people don't think that the moderators can tell stuff like this.

And I thought we were supposed to be the ones with no lives? You have to be pretty pathetic to sit around making up usernames and stories on a messageboard.

Casale makes no sense. First he brings up the "incident" in a previous show to talk about how it's evidence that Jackson has character issues and is probably going to be a bust but then says the "incident" is irrelevant and not worth bringing up. Kinda contradicting yourself.

Furthermore, this guy is basing judgements of Jackson on this, and continues to talk about it yet somehow calls it "irrelevant." I don't understand that.

If he told Tomase what happened and Tomase decided it was bad enough to not be printed then why would Tomase write that Jackson does not have character issues and the incident was blown out of proportion. Clearly it wasn't if it can't even be printed. If what Casale said was true I think Tomase would just not mention anything about the even instead of flat out lying.

Basically I guess I don't understand why Casale is making such a big deal out of something he says is not a big deal.

Bella*chick said:
LOL, wow. The IP never lies. I can't believe these people don't think that the moderators can tell stuff like this.

And I thought we were supposed to be the ones with no lives? You have to be pretty pathetic to sit around making up usernames and stories on a messageboard.

I don't get it. Who is it?

All I was saying was that I think you are taking this a bit out of context. All the guys at PFW have high hopes for Jackson and they all believe he will be good at some point. You would know this if you listened to the show on a regular basis.

As for calling out this site. I haven´t read Smessys original post that made Casale give his little speech so I couldn´t say if he was out of line. If Smessy was calling him a liar and saying that he only made up this story to get better ratings then I can understand that he took it personally. Other people have said things about the incident - so it´s not a lie. Saying all the things about us only watching the games, not really knowing this team, not having a life besides posting on this board ect. was a cheap shot though IMO.

This gala was a big foundraiser event - very importent to Robert Kraft. Making an ***** of yourself at such an event is very stupid and immature IMO. I love Quentin Tarantino but there a lot of circumstances where I would not go around quoting his movies because I am an adult. At 21 you should be able to behave as an adult. The other players clearly felt that he was been disrespectfull. I´m not saing drafting Jackson was a mistake. I love him like I love all the Patriots players and I´m willing to forgive him for a lot of mistakes as long as he proves that he is able to learn from them. Like I said BBs praise for him tells me that he probably did just that.

Patsgirl_DK said:
All I was saying was that I think you are taking this a bit out of context. All the guys at PFW have high hopes for Jackson and they all believe he will be good at some point. You would know this if you listened to the show on a regular basis.

As for calling out this site. I haven´t read Smessys original post that made Casale give his little speech so I couldn´t say if he was out of line. If Smessy was calling him a liar and saying that he only made up this story to get better ratings then I can understand that he took it personally. Other people have said things about the incident - so it´s not a lie. Saying all the things about us only watching the games, not really knowing this team, not having a life besides posting on this board ect. was a cheap shot though IMO.

This gala was a big foundraiser event - very importent to Robert Kraft. Making an ***** of yourself at such an event is very stupid and immature IMO. I love Quentin Tarantino but there a lot of circumstances where I would not go around quoting his movies because I am an adult. At 21 you should be able to behave as an adult. The other players clearly felt that he was been disrespectfull. I´m not saing drafting Jackson was a mistake. I love him like I love all the Patriots players and I´m willing to forgive him for a lot of mistakes as long as he proves that he is able to learn from them. Like I said BBs praise for him tells me that he probably did just that.

Patsgirl, here is the thread. Read it for yourself.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=43348

1) At no point did I ever say Casale was a liar. Casale claims I did - wrong. He is using a very common debating tactic called a "straw man" technique. It involves changing a debate by sidestepping what your opponent says and putting words in his/her mouth.

2) What I DID say was that it is immoral to put out innuendo (may or may not be fact) without specifics. Example: Ron Borges last summer went on TV and claimed he had lots of personal dirt on Belichik but he wouldn't give out any specifics. Maybe Borges is telling the truth, but it is immoral to do that in public if you don't specify the allegation. This is exactly what happened on the Patriots Football Weekly show.

3) I never even mentioned Casale originally. I referenced the Patriots Football Weekly show - that's it. Honestly I never even remembered typing the name Casale until after hearing his diatribe today on his show (which I never listen to unless someone here links to it on a thread). I have no idea who he is or where he comes from, nor do I care. His show put out innuendo (maybe true, maybe not - but it was a coy and vague gossip) and I called them on it. He then took up the cause and attacked this site and its posters PERSONALLY.

4) The real wrong Patriots Football Weekly committed against Chad Jackson was putting out the innuendo (which may or may not be true) without specifying WHAT IT WAS. They let it hang out there in the public mind for everyone's imagination. That is the height of journalistic irresponsibility. I can assure you that there were plenty of people who wondered whether he fondled women that night, was drunk, made jokes about some handicapped people or flashed someone. By throwing out the innuendo without specifics, that show did something very unethical and wrong to Mr. Jackson and his family.

Patsgirl_DK said:

Maybe one perceived 'cheap shot' deserves another! :D

I understand what Casale is saying, and if he wants to not repeat the Jackson 'incident' than fine. He came out and explained himself, and we are capable of understanding his point of view. This is more than Felger will ever do.

I think that he should be careful not to characterize hundreds of people at a website under one stereotype, as you mention. If for no other reason than the fact that it makes it harder to get his own point across to us.

I've never had reason to question Casale, but he needs to know that a lot of the media in this town are under scrutiny, and quite frankily the Borges' and Felger's of the world do make his job tougher. In another town, he would get the benefit of the doubt, but we are used to a poison pen in the media.

Hopefully, Casale will refrain from turning to the 'dark side', and not assume we are out to get him just because we question the media's motives. He probably doesn't appreciate us stereotyping the media anymore than we appreciate him stereotyping this website.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Make that THREE usernames.

This is like the way Casale reports - only gives you tidbits of info and keeps you in suspense. Give us the damn info T-Shirt.

zippo59 said:
I don't get it. Who is it?

I don't know who it is (only the mods do) but each computer has a distinct IP number. If you are a mod (or at least at the board I modded at) the IP appears in each post a poster makes. Therefore, it's extremely easy to tell who has multiple user accounts....just check and see if IP #s match up.

From what T-shirt says, this person is probably not one who is very popular around here.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Haven't seen Box since T-shirt broke the Alison story....... :eek:
You remember that bar scene in Crocodile Dundee? I needed to wash my hand you cheeky bugger. ;)

Bella*chick said:
From what T-shirt says, this person is probably not one who is very popular around here.
That doesn't seem to narrow the field all that much...:rolleyes:

Box_O_Rocks said:
You remember that bar scene in Crocodile Dundee? I needed to wash my hand you cheeky bugger. ;)

You gotta admit it would have been the perfect crime. Old gray mare indeed. :D

Box_O_Rocks said:
That doesn't seem to narrow the field all that much...:rolleyes:

Heh. That's true, isn't it. Especially lately.

You gotta admit it would have been the perfect crime. Old gray mare indeed. :D
The perfect crime? You must not have been lurking 18-20 months ago, the advantage of being an older, grayer, one trick pony, you probably have lived long enough to learn from other's mistakes.

At least it rules Keegs out! ;)
Why? Is Keegs unpopular?

Bella*chick said:
I don't know who it is (only the mods do) but each computer has a distinct IP number. If you are a mod (or at least at the board I modded at) the IP appears in each post a poster makes. Therefore, it's extremely easy to tell who has multiple user accounts....just check and see if IP #s match up.

Your IP address from your ISP is a DHCP address which is leased for a few days at a time and a user can renew their IP address at anytime, by using a simple command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes