PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shmessy Replies to Tom Casale

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, Tom. You just don't get it. Now we are "Patpsychos.com" because you've been caught spreading unspecified gossip while pretending to be a journalist.

http://www.patriots.com/StreamFile.c...011_neplor.mp3 (Listen from 3:57 - 11:00)

The problem is NOT whether what you relayed over your public radio/internet/ whatever show was true or not. The veracity of it is lost in the fact that you throw out the innuendo without specifics.

The issue is that you should either report the fact or don't report the fact. Spending several minutes discussing unspecified innuendo is immoral, unethical and an insult to the listening public (let alone, Chad jackson, his friends and relatives).

By reporting that Chad Jackson did something innappropriate at the fan event is a horrible thing to do if you refuse to specify it. Either give the specifics or don't mention it on your show at all. When you throw out that kind of innuendo, the public is then simply left to its imagination as to what exactly Chad Jackson did. When Tomase's article appeared today, there were probably several readers who were relieved to read that he wasn't inebriated or lewd. YOU left that possibility wide open with your original "reporting".

Isn't that "cute" of you?

If that is all it was then why didn't someone just put it in an article before this? What a bunch of ignorant idiots! Because the guy tried to make a joke in what was probably an uncomfortable position he is immature? That doesn't make sense.

You can't argue with this guy, I mean like he said afterall we are all idiots who just watch the game on TV and post on a stupid message board... :rolleyes:

He says that Tomase didn't see or hear what he is talking about because he was talking to bruschi, yet bruschi was the guy who pulled CJ aside after the "bad joke"...

He is pretty clueless though. I mean like you said, you don't just go and say "he did something bad but im not gonna embarass him and tell you what it is". That is so childish and pointless. Either report what you saw/heard or shut the hell up. It's really as simple as that, and I'd say there's a whole lot more than a handful of people here on this "stupid" messageboard that are a lot smarter than this Casale guy.

Then he wants to trash the entire board calling us all outsideers etc... Yet the point of this whole thing is not that we think this moron is an outsider making things up but that he is a moron for bringing up something in such vague terms and refusing to discuss it. Report it or don't, there is no middle ground.

Funny story though, my friend who knows Casale saw him do something extremely immature and embarassing last year, but he made me promise not to say anything about it so I'll leave it at that...:rolleyes:

I think Casale is the best football guy on Patriots.com, and the site is better off for his presence. As a subscriber (yes, I admit it), I think he was spot on with many of his draft reviews, and he was once a degenerate gambler, so I have a soft spot for him.:) His scouting reports on opponents are solid, and he does a good job of breaking down the enemy's signature offensive play each week. In the case of innuendo, I think he erred a bit, but I have a feeling it's just from lack of experience as a "reporter". In retrospect, I don't feel it was intended maliciously...I'm sure CJ acted goofy and weird at the gala, and Casale mentioned his impressions. In the end, I'd rather Casale was a bit loose with his opinions, than too tight-lipped, like everyone else in that building. Irresponsible? Sure. But I'll let this one go as long as he keeps writing good articles. Let's not feud with one of the best resources we have. This guy is a real Xs and Os football junkie. As for Andy Hart? That guy is a real psycho...

Last edited:
PonyExpress said:
I think Casale is the best football guy on Patriots.com, and the site is better off for his presence. As a subscriber (yes, I admit it), I think he was spot on with many of his draft reviews, and he was once a degenerate gambler, so I have a soft spot for him.:) His scouting reports on opponents are solid, and he does a good job of breaking down the enemy's signature offensive play each week. In the case of innuendo, I think he erred a bit, but I have a feeling it's just from lack of experience as a "reporter". In retrospect, I don't feel it was intended maliciously...I'm sure CJ acted goofy and weird at the gala, and Casale mentioned his impressions. In the end, I'd rather Casale was a bit loose with his opinions, than too tight-lipped, like everyone else in that building. Irresponsible? Sure. But I'll let this one go as long as he keeps writing good articles. Let's not feud with one of the best resources we have. This guy is a real Xs and Os football junkie. As for Andy Hart? That guy is a real psycho...

PE, you maybe spot on with that about his football knowledge. I'm not saying Casale doesn't know football, etc. (I have never listened to the guy so I have no opinion).

His reporting of unspecified innuendo against a 21 year old rookie far from home (or ANYONE for that matter) is wrong. If it is true, report it. If you can't in order to save your job, then don't - - if Casale has a family to feed, etc. I can't fault him if he doesn't report it at all.

But throwing out a juicy tidbit without specifics, letting the public fill in whatever blanks they want, is just about the most immoral thing someone can do in journalism.

PonyExpress said:

I don't think you are seeing the big picture. This guy completely invents his own silly story about Chad, which is so lame as to be uninteresting, and then the only way he can make it sound significant is to not tell us the truth (because there is no actual story here) but to 'wink, wink, nod, nod' his way out of telling us the very uninteresting and insignificant actual occurence, making it sound like something we really give a crap about, when we don't.

Then he calls out the people at this website.

Last edited:
Shmess,
You're right. Casale is more a writer than a reporter, and on that show they gab like guys at a bar in a pretty loose, irresponsible manner. I think he did it more out of lack of experience than anything else. Maybe because I'm so confident Chad will turn into a top notch NFL player, I'm more willing to cut Casale some slack for his blunder...;) Also, I happen to like the fact he reads the site. Remember, any publicity is good publicity.

shmessy said:
Ok, Tom. You just don't get it. Now we are "Patpsychos.com" because you've been caught spreading unspecified gossip while pretending to be a journalist.

http://www.patriots.com/StreamFile.c...011_neplor.mp3 (Listen from 3:57 - 11:00)

The problem is NOT whether what you relayed over your public radio/internet/ whatever show was true or not. The veracity of it is lost in the fact that you throw out the innuendo without specifics.

The issue is that you should either report the fact or don't report the fact. Spending several minutes discussing unspecified innuendo is immoral, unethical and an insult to the listening public (let alone, Chad jackson, his friends and relatives).

By reporting that Chad Jackson did something "innappropriate" at the fan event is a horrible thing to do if you refuse to specify it. Either give the specifics or don't mention it on your show at all. When you throw out that kind of innuendo, the public is then simply left to its imagination as to what exactly Chad Jackson did. When Tomase's article appeared today, there were probably several readers who were relieved to read that he wasn't inebriated or lewd. YOU left that possibility wide open with your original "reporting".

Isn't that "cute" of you?

Shmessy - Did they move it or do you have to click some where else to hear the audo after clicking on the link? It says something like the page can't be found.

PonyExpress said:
Shmess,
You're right. Casale is more a writer than a reporter, and on that show they gab like guys at a bar in a pretty loose, irresponsible manner. I think he did it more out of lack of experience than anything else. Maybe because I'm so confident Chad will turn into a top notch NFL player, I'm more willing to cut Casale some slack for his blunder...;) Also, I happen to like the fact he reads the site. Remember, any publicity is good publicity.

Seeing this took months to see the light of day, apparently more people read this site than hear the little radio show.

He's amazed anybody remembers his show, (they don't apparently) and the only reason is a bye week coming up and a top pick who has been injured.

It was a tremendous vortex of a vacuum necessary to make anything on that little crystal radio show "newsworthy".

Last edited:
Just go to the web page now. We're the topic.:D

Hello everyone! I am a female Patriots fan who mainly roots for the team because of Tom Brady. lol I don't know that much about football so I've come here the past couple of months to read your opinions on the team. I don't know who Casale is and I hate to say it but I don't really know the player you are talking about either. The reason for my post is because I know people who were at that event. My parents have friends who are pretty well off and they go every year and tell us about it. This year they said a player came in talking loud and said something to the regards of "look at all the white women" or "where are the all the white women?" something like that. They said someone in a suit then pulled that player aside and talked to him and he was fine until he tried to make a joke but no one laughed. lol Anyway, if that was the player you are all talking about, maybe that's why the person didn't say what he heard. I don't know this writer but could he be protecting him? I don't know. Please don't scream and yell at me. I'm not a poster I just thought reading this thread that this story might help clear up some things but again, they didn't know the player who said that and neither do I. Go Brady!

Casale: "The moderator or someone at PatsPsychos.com, or whatever it is where they post 5000 messages and don't work, or eat, or have girlfriends, or whatever it is that they do... said that we should be embarrassed ...... for starting rumors about Chad Jackson. Listen, I'm leaving out the stuff, because, I, I,don't feel that it's appropriate to tell everyone the embarrassment that he caused there. Tomase obviously decided to do the same thing... "

See Tom, the problem is that you DID tell everyone the embarrassment that he caused there. You didn't tell anybody HOW. Or WHAT he did. That was left up to the imagination of the listener and the rest of the media who all miraculously missed it, but you were most certainly more than willing to heave out the juicy rumor that he DID cause an embarrassment there.

Then like a giggling school boy, invited the cheerleader in to the verify the horrific embarrassment that Jackson caused. Of course, SHE couldn't share any details either, but we were definitely led to believe this was some juicy, juicy stuff.

That's tabloid journalism. That's irresponsible. And that DID, contrary to what you claim, harm the image of Jackson and your employer. Not only should you be embarrassed, you should be ashamed for ever opening your mouth about it and titillating the minds of Patriots Nation with this amazingly embarrassing "stuff" that Jackson did.

alisonlovesbrady said:
Hello everyone! I am a female Patriots fan who mainly roots for the team because of Tom Brady. lol I don't know that much about football so I've come here the past couple of months to read your opinions on the team. I don't know who Casale is and I hate to say it but I don't really know the player you are talking about either. The reason for my post is because I know people who were at that event. My parents have friends who are pretty well off and they go every year and tell us about it. This year they said a player came in talking loud and said something to the regards of "look at all the white women" or "where are the all the white women?" something like that. They said someone in a suit then pulled that player aside and talked to him and he was fine until he tried to make a joke but no one laughed. lol Anyway, if that was the player you are all talking about, maybe that's why the person didn't say what he heard. I don't know this writer but could he be protecting him? I don't know. Please don't scream and yell at me. I'm not a poster I just thought reading this thread that this story might help clear up some things but again, they didn't know the player who said that and neither do I. Go Brady!

I knew this was a fraud anyway, but she's been reading here a couple months but doesn't know who Jackson is? Plus this is just a racial post.

Could we just ban this one right away?

Might be worth looking into some delayed form of membership?

Last edited:
alisonlovesbrady said:

Thanks Allison. So C. Jackson quoted one of the famous lines from "Blazing Saddles" at the gala event? Hilarious. That kid has a great sense of humor. Too bad his wit was too edgy for the "cultured" guests!

Last edited:
alisonlovesbrady said:

Dear Allsion,

I never put it out there that Casale lied. It was that he put out an innuendo without specifics. I.E. Borges saying last summer on TV that he has alot of personal dirt on BB but will not at the moment divulge it.

Meanwhile, welcome aboard for your first post ever on this auspicious day, 1.5 HOURS after "I'm Ron Borges?" deleted a post defending Casale! :)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Casale: "The moderator or someone at PatsPsychos.com, or whatever it is where they post 5000 messages and don't work, or eat, or have girlfriends, or whatever it is that they do... said that we should be embarrassed ...... for starting rumors about Chad Jackson. Listen, I'm leaving out the stuff, because, I, I,don't feel that it's appropriate to tell everyone the embarrassment that he caused there. Tomase obviously decided to do the same thing... "

See Tom, the problem is that you DID tell everyone the embarrassment that he caused there. You didn't tell anybody HOW. Or WHAT he did. That was left up to the imagination of the listener and the rest of the media who all miraculously missed it, but you were most certainly more than willing to heave out the juicy rumor that he DID cause an embarrassment there.

Then like a giggling school boy, invited the cheerleader in to the verify the horrific embarrassment that Jackson caused. Of course, SHE couldn't share any details either, but we were definitely led to believe this was some juicy, juicy stuff.

That's tabloid journalism. That's irresponsible. And that DID, contrary to what you claim, harm the image of Jackson and your employer. Not only should you be embarrassed, you should be ashamed for ever opening your mouth about it and titillating the minds of Patriots Nation with this amazingly embarrassing "stuff" that Jackson did.

What he said. Bush league.

He's gone off saying he never did what he did to saying Randy Moss never left during a game, smoked pot, wiped his ass with the goal post etc. etc. etc.

It's marginal at draft time, but other wise I don't think these guys know diddly about football.

shmessy said:
Dear Allsion,

I never put it out there that Casale lied. It was that he put out an innuendo without specifics. I.E. Borges saying last summer on TV that he has alot of personal dirt on BB but will not at the moment divulge it.

Meanwhile, welcome aboard on this auspicious day, 1.5 HOURS after "I'm Ron Borges?" deleted a post defending Casale! :)

It's still on. Just need to get it from the site.

PonyExpress said:
Thanks Allison. So C. Jackson quoted one of the famous lines from "Blazing Saddles" at the gala event? Hilarious. That kid has a great sense of humor. Too bad his wit was too edgy for the "cultured" guests!

LOL, I know. If that is indeed what he said, then he was quoting Blazing Saddles. Good grief, I can't believe what people will make a big deal out of anymore.

I wouldn't waste time responding to this "alison". Read the post. It's an obvious troll with a stupid story trying to throw a racial component in.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

I can't find where Casale is attacking this site, is it in an audio file that's now been removed? Or was it from a mailbag type of deal?

Great post, btw, T-shirt. This guy should realize that he has his job only because we psycho fans exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back