Welcome to PatsFans.com

Shhhh, Guns, Murder, Kill, Shhhhhhhh

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +821 / 2 / -9

PULL OUT OF CHICAGO II
    SEND IN THE NATIONAL GUARD:
    WHERE'S JOHN MURTHA WHEN YOU REALLY NEED HIM, RIGHT HERE AT HOME:
    HOW WILL BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA CONFISCATE THESE GUNS:

CHICAGO (AP) - During the same weekend that county pathologists conducted autopsies on the bodies of actress-singer Jennifer Hudson's mother and brother, they also examined the bodies of six other people who'd been gunned down or beaten to death.

Five of them died in Chicago, as did the Oscar winner's mother, Darnell Donerson, her brother, Jason Hudson, and 7-year-old nephew, Julian King, whose body was found Monday. Like Hudson's relatives, three died on the city's South Side.

The deaths are yet another reminder of the bloodshed on Chicago's streets this year - when the city has seen more homicides than both New York and Los Angeles. And they go a long way toward explaining why residents of Hudson's childhood neighborhood say it's not surprising that people may have heard gunfire coming from her family home but didn't bother to call police.

"You hear gunshots day and night, that's nothing new," said Ken Rasheeda, 38, who grew up in the neighborhood, Englewood, where he and his wife are now raising three children. "There's been times I heard gunshots and I didn't think twice about it, it's so common."

Englewood may not have the notoriety of old Chicago public housing complexes such as the Robert Taylor Homes or Cabrini Green, but the neighborhood - part of the police department's 7th District - is one of the most violent in the city, ranking at or near the top this year in numbers of homicides, sexual assaults and robberies. In fact, between January and August, 2,083 violent crimes occurred in the district - more than in any of the city's 24 other districts.
    My Way News - Hudson deaths add to South Side Chicago's violence

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +526 / 14 / -28

Meanwhile in Anchorage...

adn.com | crime : Alaska crime rates higher than U.S. average; violence on rise

3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,645 / 9 / -19

#61 Jersey

I'll tell you how out of the loop I am: When reports flashed on the news about Jennifer Hudson's family members being shot and killed, I kept waiting for some explanation of who this Jennifer Hudson woman is and never got one. Apparently it was assumed that everyone in the world knows this woman is a famous actress-singer. Not moi.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +526 / 14 / -28

neither did I..

5. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well she is an American Idol star, and a LARGE chunk of the country watches that, so to most people, they know her...

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  6. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,645 / 9 / -19

#61 Jersey

That explains it. Watching "American Idol" is against everything I stand for.