Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sheriff Joe (loons despise him)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -9

They should send Sheriff Joe after Obama's Aunt Zucchini.

SURPRISE, Ariz. — An Arizona sheriff known for cracking down on people who are in the country illegally launched a crime and immigration sweep in northwestern metro Phoenix on Friday, a half day after officials in Washington limited his powers to make federal immigration arrests.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, whose sweeps have led to allegations of racial profiling, said the rebuff from Washington won't stop him. He said he can still arrest immigrants under a state smuggling law and a federal law that gives all local police agencies more limited power to detain suspected illegal immigrants.

"It doesn't bother me, because we are going to do the same thing," said Arpaio, whose deputies had arrested 16 people by Friday evening on unspecified charges. "I am the elected sheriff. I don't take orders from the federal government."
    The Associated Press: Ariz. sheriff launches immigration sweep

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +174 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

No comment......

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,144 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

State's rights vs Federal government is a growing issue. The federal government is trying to make state's weaker right now. It grew under Bush and Obama has increased the struggle. The stimulus was a big power grab and financial reform in general is part of that. the healthcare bill continues along that path ... what is next? Sheriff Joe could end up being a hero if this continues. Obama is helping to make a few people hero's which may not hurt him directly but it will hurt his party in 2010 and 2012.

Well, Bush didn't care about his party either so what does that say - perhaps the President and even the parties are not running this country. The people behind the scenes could care less who is in power, this is becoming more apparent everyday. But that changes the topic at hand so I'll stop.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Have not read all that much about Sheriff Joe, but from what I read ICE is not happy about the profiling allegations, and in an effort they want to continue to enforce the law in a less newsworthy, flamboyant way...

This is about changing contractors to do the same job, essentially he lost the contract.. but continues doing what he does, in what seems to be against the law...but who cares he is above it anyways..

There was a similar story in a fed detention facility in Central Falls, RI.. after they neglected the medical care of a sick inmate who subsequently died... law enforcement does not like to have the media focused on them if they are continually being sued...

Sweeps led ICE to limit Arpaio power

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -9

...................:singing:.............................