PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sheldon Richardson suspended 4 games for cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next NFL players meeting

Wait? The Commissioner punished a NY Jets player? 4 game suspension? What did he do, rape the pope on live TV?
So I wonder what it was. Shouldn't they hire an investigator and accuse a grunt employee of selling Sheldon pot or adderall and dock the the Jets a couple picks?

Richardson should hire Exponent. Exponent can say Richardson didn't actually smoke marijuana, that their scientific study will say that it was actually second hand pot smoke and no way was there any abuse involved.

Wait? The Commissioner punished a NY Jets player? 4 game suspension? What did he do, rape the pope on live TV?

The 4th of July weekend is coming up. I imagine a lot of Jets lovin NFL bigwigs are out of this office this week. The intern they left in charge probably treated all suspension cases the same and didn't know to "lose" Richardson's. The poor fool has probably been chewed out by Kensil and Goodell for this oversight.

WTF is gonna be playing the first four weeks of the season? The Replacements!

I wonder what is more of an advantage....... sheldon on PED's or a ball with .x less psi in it ! 1st round draft pic...what a joke godell has made of the NFL .

Bahahaha, I'm like a kid in the candy store on the Nfl forums.

Was it more probable then not that he was generally aware he was deflating his joint?

Thank God this is being announced right before a long weekend. This way, the teams involved won't be embarrassed or distracted in any way. Because that just wouldn't be right.

Bahahaha, I'm like a kid in the candy store on the Nfl forums.

Was it more probable then not that he was generally aware he was deflating his joint?

Damn, 4 teams now! But let's all have some perspective people - this isn't anything nearly as egregious as maybe taking 0.3 PSI out of a football depending on if you can remember which gauge you used to measure it.

It just occurred to me that maybe the NFL* is doing this as an attempt to show they penalize all teams before Brady's case gets to court.

I do not think players should be suspended for smoking some blunt ... a stupid policy.
If there has to be a suspension then 1 game for a 1st offense and 2 games should be for the 2nd ... up to 4 games for a 3rd or more. Players are way better off chilling with some blunt rather than booze ... IMO of course.

I do not think players should be suspended for smoking some blunt ... a stupid policy.
If there has to be a suspension then 1 game for a 1st offense and 2 games should be for the 2nd ... up to 4 games for a 3rd or more. Players are way better off chilling with some blunt rather than booze ... IMO of course.
I think that's the case with Jones - 1 game suspension for pot. Blount is suspended 1 game this year for the same reason.

On a side note, I guess it's an awfully good thing that Bill didn't sign McClain to serve as early season LB depth while our guys recover, considering he's now out the first 4 games.

Then again, the LB he did sign got into a car accident, was released, and got a year probation. Sooo.... I'm not actually sure which is worse?

i am surprised at the penalty given this is goodell's favorite team

Pot very well could just be an excuse. NFL doesn't announce what drug he took. Nobody admits to taking actual PEDs when they get busted.

Richardson's comments after deflategate:

“It’s funny when they say, ‘We keep it professional and clean cut,’ ’’ Richardson said of the Jets’ bitter rival while standing in the victorious locker room at University of Phoenix Stadium. “Because they don’t. They don’t at all.”

Lol what a hypocrite

My favorite part of those back and forth comments is Rats fans, in light of all the evidence presented to them (most notably science) still believe Brady cheated. Remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes