Welcome to PatsFans.com

Shefter: The definition of insubordination

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by RhodyPatriot, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RhodyPatriot

RhodyPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +43 / 23 / -10

“He’s the head coach,” (Adelius) Thomas said. “He makes all the calls, you just roll with them. He has that title so he doesn’t have to have a reason to send me home. I was told to go home, I went home, enjoyed my day off, put my toes up in the air and relaxed."

Shefter thinks AD will sit on Sunday. I would like AD to be sent home for the rest of the year.
    This guy is a cancer and needs to excised from this team.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  2. satz

satz 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Don`t be a kid ,You do not pay 10 million to a guy to sit at home.

3. RhodyPatriot

RhodyPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +43 / 23 / -10

Don't be surprised when it happens. Belichick cannot get control of this team with cancers like Adelius Thomas in that lockerroom metastisizing his bad attitude among teammates and running his underperforming lazy mouth to the media.

4. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 21 / -13

I don't think he's being a "kid."

You pay $10 big ones a year to a guy to be on your team and produce on the field.

If he's not doing either but has actually become a distraction in the locker room (I don't know that, just what's been "reported") and someone else could do the job better on the field (in the eyes of those who know more about this than I do), then maybe the better choice is to keep him out of the locker room and allow someone else to do the job on the field.

Not a good choice by any means, but the lesser of two evils if he's not behaving professionally.

5. BradyManny

BradyManny Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -1

You do if he's hurting the team.

Addition by subtraction.

AD is doing nothing on the field, isn't the same guy he was two years ago, and is now poisoning the locker room. At least Ninko or Woods will be high effort, high motor guys. Let them have a crack at it, they can't possibly provide less pass rush than AD or Burgess have.

6. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 21 / -13

Unfortunately and reluctantly, I agree, as i said above.

7. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,616 / 20 / -10

#3 Jersey

Wasn't this the same guy who made the "Humble Pie" shirts two years ago?

WTF happened?

8. mcsully

mcsully In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0

I'm really confused now.. I thought it was reported he went back home and watched a lot of film from this season..

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +828 / 27 / -33

Mo money, Mo money... it is the root of all evil...

10. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

LOL, being a kid is thinking that you have to decide your actions based on the money.

11. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

this is what happens when a guy knows he is gone too long before he is actually gone.

12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

I went home, enjoyed my day off, put my toes up in the air and relaxed.

For this statement alone, I will be severely PISSED at Belichick if this sh!theap is on the field Sunday. I'd rather loss this game then listen to Patriots with this attitude spout off to the media.

I'm over the total AD --> NE experiment. Shelf this clown for the rest of the season. Cut him in the offseason.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  13. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,026 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Outward appearances may not reflect inner thoughts, especially when the good times are rolling. When times get really tough is when you see who has your back, who's simply MIA and who's plunging a dagger in it. Saw that myself many times in business. Not a pleasent experience.

14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

That's what he said. On CSNE, Fauria was laughing about that saying "that's what they all say". Fauria doesn't think he watched a second of film. But who knows.

15. tedy hagler

tedy hagler Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As far as AD saying "I put my toes up in the air and relaxed"--hasn't he been doing that all year?

Watch the Dolphin game -- can't tell if this arthritic, stiff-looking figurine is actually moving or just propping up Jake Long for his afternoon sunning.

16. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,247 / 46 / -16

So let him be an arse and dog it on the playing field because he is paid so well. Don't forget the Pats won a Super Bowl in a year they suspended their best offensive player (at least at the time) for most of the year.

If Belichick could suspend Terry Glenn for most of the year in 2001 when people felt his job was in jeopardy going into the season, why would Belichick hesitate suspending a loudmouth underachiever in Adalius Thomas when he could sleep with Kraft's wife and not get fired.

17. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,006 / 11 / -8

But you pay him $10M to not produce all season, or to be a cancer?

AD's under contract. He's getting his money, whatever happens. BB's job is to do what's best for the team. If that means sitting AD, he'll do it.

Don't "kid" yourself.

18. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

That, sir, is the question of the year. He seemed OK last year too. Maybe he was upset about being IRed last year ? Remember they didn't IR him for a while and we thought he'd be back. Who knows but obviously something happened.

19. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

That's kind of like what happens to Ian here when posters keep doing things he's asked them not to like starting redundant threads to get more attention for their POV that the mods have to merge.

For the record his contract was for $7M+ and he's already pocketed $20M in signing and option bonuses. He's only "making" $1.9M this season. Next season his salary will be someone elses problem, although we'll be on the hook for $4.4M in dead cap for 2010 and 2011. That will only cause a problem if both of those seasons are capped, and even then it won't be an insurmountable one.

Belichick has already benched him this season over either attitude or performance concerns. That he will again if those continue to be an issue in his estimation, or he won't if they don't, is what it is. He doesn't really care what they say about him in the media. Ty Law called him a liar and he still started him until he was injured and held a roster spot for him for several weeks. Ditto Drew although playing him thereafter was not by choice...

Unlike the fan base, Bill doesn't make choices based on emotion. And he really doesn't care what you...or we think. Coaches who do don't last long in this league.

20. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I still think somwhere along the line thomas figured there is no way he's not cut after this season, so why take crap from a guy who has to give you 8M the moment you hit the street. selfish? yep, but very understandable in light of a personality conflict

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.