Shefter Said Patriots to sign....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
....Thomas, as everbody knows.
....Kyle Brady, as everybody thought.

But, also RB Sammie Morris, and they "will also be signing a free agent wide reveiver".

He didn't say which one, but I bet we'll know more soon.

Any guesses????

P.S. - This was just on NFL Total Access, I forgot to mention.

Feels like Christmas!

Er, Hanukkah.

shoot dont tell Sarge, he'll be discounting this positive info on the best Pats offseason ever.

Sarge, hide under your bed -- thw world is ending!

Last edited:
I think he just said , Brady and Morris were in for visits, and we will be looking to upgrade the WR positon.. I could be wrong but turned in later.

He also mentioned how the Pats spending big money will play out in the locker room. I have to admit I thought about that too, but I doubt it'll be a big deal.

....Thomas, as everbody knows.
....Kyle Brady, as everybody thought.

But, also RB Sammie Morris, and they "will also be signing a free agent wide reveiver".

He didn't say which one, but I bet we'll know more soon.

Any guesses????

P.S. - This was just on NFL Total Access, I forgot to mention.
Oh God I hope so! Thomas is HUGE! Kyle Brady would be a fantastic answer to losing Daniel Graham. Sammie Morris hold a fair amount of promise as a big bruiser of a back. And a wide receiver?! Let it be Donte Stallworth, Drew Bennett, or Kevin Curtis!

Oh God I hope so! Thomas is HUGE! Kyle Brady would be a fantastic answer to losing Daniel Graham. Sammie Morris hold a fair amount of promise as a big bruiser of a back. And a wide receiver?! Let it be Donte Stallworth, Drew Bennett, or Kevin Curtis!

Kyle Brady is an excellent blocker, and we'll have two receiving TE's in Watson & Thomas (who are decent blockers). If we can add Stallworth (my preference over Bennett & Curtis, but i ouldn't mind eaither), and someone like Jarrett in the draft, this team will be very very dangerous.

Why am I still hearing all of this Candy Moss sh!te????

Is it just more smoke and mirrors from the Wizard of NE (BB)?

He also mentioned how the Pats spending big money will play out in the locker room. I have to admit I thought about that too, but I doubt it'll be a big deal.

The locker room gets weird when the Pats FAIL to spend money on other players.

I.e. -- the locker room is always weird when it comes to money, notwithstanding how incredibly healthy the attitude is there otherwise.

Also -- the Pats don't ultimately screw their players out of money. You may have to leave the Pats to get big bucks, but generally guys have fatter wallets because they've been Pats. So if the players get paid and if the ones who stay get to have great teammates, I think they'll manage to cope with any specific disappointments along the way. ;)

Last edited:
I would love that WR to be Drew Bennett. Great size, good hands, good team guy and might not command that much $$...

Feels like Christmas!

Er, Hanukkah.

oh Hanukah oh Hanukah, come light the menorah
thing is i used to save the best gift for last or sometimes in the middle
not first!

I wouldn't doubt that Kelly Washington turns into that wr.

Washington would be a good signing that we can probably get cheap, i'd prefer to do that then to spend money on Receivers who I feel are mostly mediocre players who will be paid like a #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back