PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shefter: Ravens could release WR Anquan Boldin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you idiots not follow the Patriots?

Boldin hates the Patriots.
The Patriots hate Boldin.

This is almost as stupid as the trade for Revis talk.

Maybe I've missed something but I don't think either of those are true and if they were we would have no way of knowing...

This is nothing like the Revis trade in that trading for Revis would require a division rival to trade their best player to us; Boldin would be a free agent and allowed to sign with whoever he wanted.

Any way, I thought he was supposed to be a FA any way. Guess not.

Terrible reason. Pats aren't going to refuse to sign him because he played for a rival. Pats are a contender and if they offer a decent deal don't see how Boldin doesn't consider it.

$5M over?? How did that happen... that thread with cap #'s a couple weeks ago had them like $15M under.

Well they really are screwed if that's the case. AT BEST for Baltimore, they can franchise Flacco which would still have them $20M over before resigning Kruger/Reed if they choose to. Both would be big losses. And Ray is gone. Looks like they're going to undergo their real test now, building a great team is one thing but maintaining it is another. They really need to win Sunday might be their last real good shot in a while. I'm sure they'll still be competitive under Harbaugh but they're going to take a major shot if that # is correct.

As far as Boldin, no thanks unless you're not planning to resign Welker. Either way getting him away from the Ravens is enough of a win.

The team is done after this year. That defense will turn from good/average to mediocre/bad with Lewis, Reed, and Kruger gone. Add in the possibility of Boldin leaving and Suggs a year older, it's not looking good for them or the Steelers. The Bengals can claim that division for the next 2-3 years depending on this year's draft and Dalton's development.

The team is done after this year. That defense will turn from good/average to mediocre/bad with Lewis, Reed, and Kruger gone. Add in the possibility of Boldin leaving and Suggs a year older, it's not looking good for them or the Steelers. The Bengals can claim that division for the next 2-3 years depending on this year's draft and Dalton's development.
Still hard to take the bengals seriously until they win a playoff game. Last time ravens won the super bowl they had to pretty much blow it because of salary cap. Looks like history might repeat itself, only with the ravens losing the super bowl :rocker: .

OTOH, despite the fact that our twirly ballerina DBs can't cover him, I love Boldin.

For all the discussion of a deep threat speedster, I think that what the Pats need is a physical, go up and get it WR. Boldin would fit that bill.

It's funny. If the Pats get beat by a team that throws deep well, we talk about how badly they need a deep threat. If they get beat by a big, physical WR that just goes over people for scores, then we talk about how they need a big, physical WR.

Ideally, we'd get Megatron, and he would solve both problems. :D

and the highlight is...

jacoby jones may get released? bring that stud in

I am on the floor laughing at the proposition of Flacco getting anything more than 8 mill per year. He is overrated garbage (think slightly better version of Sanchez circa 2010) and is going to single handedly end their hopes of any future titles by preventing them from having a quality team. We all know Flacco can't win unless he has a loaded team to bail him out. Him signing anything north of 12 million is a death sentence.

no, Flacco is the AFC's Eli Manning

OK most of the time, downright horrid a lot, pretty good sometimes, and when it comes to playoffs, guy just balls

only diff is Flacco just hasnt had the defensive support and offensive cast surrounding him that Eli has had, hence eli has 2 rings and Flacco none

Q: when is TB going to throw INTO TRAFFIC LIKE THAT?
A: only when he doesnt see the coverage.

That, right there, is the truth. The other unfortunate truth is that no decent defense will allow many receivers not named Randy Moss run downfield uncovered /unobstructed where they can make an easy catch, no matter how fast they are. Top tier cornerbacks are fast enough to at least compete for the ball. The reality is that match-winning catches are quite often made in traffic - e.g. Manningham, Tyree.

He'll be 33 years old this year...no thanks

Tired of getting these mid to late 30s WRs

Rather see someone under 30 for once....with proven talent and at a decent $$$ contract

They can't draft WRs to save their lives so hopefully a younger FA will come along

Yeah, Reggie Wayne has really stunk it up this season at 34:rolleyes:

You mean that message board patriot fans hate Boldin and Revis.

They should have brought him in when he was an FA a few years ago. Now? No thanks. Give me Justin Hunter.

Bedard had a chat today, actually threw out the possibility Lloyd might not be back:

yeah i deff see lloyd back...2nd year with TB throwing to him..mcdaniels still likes him..vise versa..we need another chance to see what he can do..and you can always count on him for those unbelievable catches for 1sts on the sidelines. He had close to 1,000 yards his first year here...

would rather have lloyd than boldin IMO...Lloyd is much quicker/speedy in those quick cuts/routes and his ability to change his body position in relation to the ball is better

yeah i deff see lloyd back...2nd year with TB throwing to him..mcdaniels still likes him..vise versa..we need another chance to see what he can do..and you can always count on him for those unbelievable catches for 1sts on the sidelines. He had close to 1,000 yards his first year here...

When everyone is healthy, Lloyd is basically the #4 receiving option on this team. His production for the #4 option is terrific. I'm totally fine with keeping Lloyd here.

When everyone is healthy, Lloyd is basically the #4 receiving option on this team. His production for the #4 option is terrific. I'm totally fine with keeping Lloyd here.

#4 option becasue of gronk and hernandez...but a starting WR.

and the highlight is...

jacoby jones may get released? bring that stud in

Actually, I think he could fill 2 needs very well! A deep threat, and special teams! Yeah, he would be a very good free agent sign!:rocker:

Are folks suggesting Boldin instead of Lloyd? Let's be serious. If Welker is signed, then Boldin is off the table for us. We just have so much free agency cap money to address WR, the secondary and the OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes