PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shefter: Kraft caved on his own. No deal for Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Told ya Kraft wouldn't do a thing. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if bb and brady leave. Of course they'd leave a lot of close friends and teammates but what Kraft just did is damage their reputations. Pathetic

Yup, what Brady wants and deserves is no less than complete exoneration. Hopefully he gets it or there is no justice in this world. Krafts actions are cowardly and costs the Patriots a sizable chunk of their future. Those draft picks are a HUGE freaking deal, and he didn't have the guts to go fight for his OWN franchise!

Brady and the NFLPA do not want a deal.

Brady wants to force it go to an independent arbitrator who will (he hopes) will overturn the suspension and call out the Wells report and exonerate him. Any deal with Goodell will not include an exoneration or admission that the Wells report has nothing on him.

The NFLPA want to win a court case with Brady to get the Federal courts to strip Goodell of some of his power. If Goodell overturns the suspension, they cannot go to court to do so.

Brady wants to force it go to an independent arbitrator who will (he hopes) will overturn the suspension and call out the Wells report and exonerate him. Any deal with Goodell will not include an exoneration or admission that the Wells report has nothing on him.

The NFLPA want to win a court case with Brady to get the Federal courts to strip Goodell of some of his power. If Goodell overturns the suspension, they cannot go to court to do so.

The NFLPA will indeed do all they can to fight Goodell as they are doing in other cases. Of course, they greatly regret agreeing to agreeing to the CBA clauses which give the Commissioner's office so much power. Make no mistake, this current problems coming from giving so much power to the commissioner could have been foreseen. But, tradeoffs are tradeoffs. The players got a lot from the agreement.

Shefter said that he's been told there is no deal cut between Kraft and Goodell on Brady's suspension.

Also quite a few in the national mediots have noticed that Kraft didn't even bother mentioning Tom Brady in his remarks today. Nice eh??

I want Bob Kraft booed and booed loudly in his own stadium on 9/10/2015 .
Let the other owners and his favorite Commish dry his crocodile tears.

what stadium??

Take them to court. I want discovery for Goodell, Blandino. Kensil Wells the whole rotten crew.

Brady is a competitor with a killer instinct, go for the win TFB.

When he is exonerated if he and BB leave I will be fine with that and understand their position.

The NFLPA will indeed do all they can to fight Goodell as they are doing in other cases. Of course, they greatly regret agreeing to agreeing to the CBA clauses which give the Commissioner's office so much power. Make no mistake, this current problems coming from giving so much power to the commissioner could have been foreseen. But, tradeoffs are tradeoffs. The players got a lot from the agreement.

Florio pointed out the whole NFLPA agreeing to that provision giving Goodell so much power is a misnomer. The power of the commission being judge, jury, and executioner has been on the books since 1968. I think the NFLPA would have had to give up a lot to take it out. But it has been in every CBA for 47 years.

Kraft thinks the rhetoric will go away now.

HAHA What a little fool. He owes Roger an apology too.

of course no deal for brady. goodell will now feel more empowered to stick to his guns on the punishment. at best, it's a 2 game deal and goodell gets to brag on how generous he is to work with the pats, even though there is no hard evidence of wrong doing.

was naive to think that kraft was different from the other owners. he clearly showed today that he isn't.

GO KRAFT GO!

I will be out there with a banner with this. And I will be chanting and shouting this from the top of my lungs.

Kraft thinks the rhetoric will go away now.

HAHA What a little fool. He owes Roger an apology too.

Easy to hide yourself from the rhetoric when you are a billionaire.

The NFLPA is refusing to work out a deal, and you think Brady is behind all this? If true, then my respect for him just rose exponentially :)

P.S. @Rob0729 you should make a thread about this. It would help raise our spirits a tad bit

Hardly matters now that the owner has accepted that the cheating accusations were valid.

exactly why brady's 4 games won't get reduced.
the owner basically sides with goodell instead of his best player.

sad to see. don't blame tom for wanting out

The NFLPA is refusing to work out a deal, and you think Brady is behind all this? If true, then my respect for him just rose exponentially :)

P.S. @Rob0729 you should make a thread about this. It would help raise our spirits a tad bit

The NFLPA wants to take the league to court. They threaten that all the time. And many time they go through with it.

I suspect that Brady is letting the NFLPA represent him as they see fit. That won't hurt Brady.

Ya that's what "nfl sources" are saying but we'll have to wait until Brady's appeal to see if it was true. goodell can't let the idiot masses think he gave the Pats a break. If Brady's suspension is overturned then there was a deal, if it is upheld or only reduced then there was never a deal.

there was never a deal. nothing has gone our way in this situation.
kraft caving is the final straw. tom's out 4 games.

It will be interesting to see if Goodell backs down on being the arbitrator. I think that was the deal that was cut.

My guess is now he does..and i now guess Bradys suspension will defiantly be reduced..maybe to 0 which would be great. THAT part would never leak

Get the anti-trust exemption removed and the draft goes away.

Then the Pats still get a 1st round pick and more.

Yeah, I'm dreaming.

That whole blurb that Kraft uttered (about collectivism over individualism) maps directly to the war on consciousness. Those who are aware of this stuff must have picked up on it...almost as Kraft was saying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots