Welcome to PatsFans.com

She Said.....He Said (Debbie & Allen)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

First Debbie Wasserman Schultz said, on The House floor, "The gentleman from Florida, who represents thousands of Medicare beneficiaries, as do I, is supportive of this plan that would increase costs for Medicare beneficiaries -- unbelievable from a member from South Florida."

Then Allen West replied, in an email, Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige.
    "You are the most vile, unprofessional and despicable member of the U.S. House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up. Focus on your own congressional district!"

Florida Reps. Allen West, Debbie Wasserman Schultz clash - Los Angeles Times

Sounds a bit like an over-reaction to me - but I'm a liberal, what do I know.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

Every so often on the news we see politicians in the Third World throwing chairs and have fist fights with each other well that is the future America coming up, we will without a doubt turn into one of those sh!t holes, it becomes more obvious every day, wait until the illegaL aliens start running for office then the real sideshow will begin.

Move To Iceland
    God Willing

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +469 / 12 / -14

Not at all, this isn't the first incident for DWS attacking West, she paid for a demonstration in front of his headquarters before the election last fall, why should she be referring a rep from another district?

West response to an apology request from the dems:

No reason. The issue is that West doesn't know his place and must be put down for leaving the assigned plantation. He is guilty of being conservative while Black and the dems can abide black people who wander off their plantation.

Meanwhile dem policies and politicians devastate the block community.

Obamageddon Coming to a City Near You? | Via Meadia

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

What a difference an 't would have made.

5. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

So you read those 2 quotes and conclude that she was "attacking" him, huh?

good stuff as always, 13

6. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

I guess the implication is that pubbies cannot abide blacks who "wander off the plantation."

Personally, I think that's a pretty harsh indictment of the GOP, but I guess 13 knows his party better than I... :)

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Ok....the media all says she "headlined" the protest. West himself says she "ordered," it and now you say she "paid" for it.

I was unaware that protests cost anything.

Why shouldn't she refer to a rep from another district? In point of fact, the rep she was refering to actually lives in her district.

And it wasn't his first instance of attacking her, either....or at least not the magazine he wrote for, anyhow.

In the October 2010 issue, West’s column “Washingtoons” appears on page 20. Another column, on page 40, says the upcoming election is the time to get rid of “Barry Obongo,” and asks readers to imagine having sex with Wasserman Schultz.

Nor was Wasserman the only political person to attend the protest event.

Wasserman Schultz was joined at the Deerfield Beach event by Anne Gannon, the Palm Beach County tax collector, and Lisa K. Aronson, the mayor of Coconut Creek, and about 70 protestors.

Wasserman Schultz, other Dems, condemn Allen West as anti-woman (10/22/2010) ....item 4..Joyce Kaufman, resigned last week to avoid an "electronic lynching".. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

8. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +229 / 1 / -0

#95 Jersey

Overreaction?
    Then you wouldn't mind having your social security number and your spouse's employee identification number put in a mass mailing? Because that's what DWS and the Democratic party did to Col. West. Then they claimed it was an 'accident'.........but he is still at risk for identity theft.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/s...ays-democrats-distributed-his-social-securit/

9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I'm sorry.....where in your article is Debbie Wasserman Schultz's name? I see nothing which associates her with what happened in this ss # incident. Am I missing something? Some other article perhaps which says she had a hand in it? Or have you magically made all dems simply guilty by association?

And yes, you are right. West is at risk for identity theft...which is why, when the Dem party apologized to him, they also offered to pay for identity theft precautions.

10. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

This kind of stuff is unacceptable, from either side. The fact that they did some redacting makes it even worse, imo -- to me it shows that they were either grossly incompetent or intentionally left the other information.

(His email would not have been an overreaction to this incident by the Dems, imo -- but it was still an overreaction to the comments he was reacting to.)

11. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +229 / 1 / -0

#95 Jersey

So that makes it okay? Do you really believe that in the process of creating the ad, no one noticed the SS# and it was unintentional?

As for Wasserman Schultz, she was a leader of the Democratic House campaign arm and a vice chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee,
    and she referred to West as "jumping the shark of crazy" in the last campaign. Since it was a Democratic Party committee mailing that exposed the number and they are "responsible for the content of the ad" as the expression goes and she is head of the Democratic Campaign committee, logic follows that she bears some responsibility for mailing that go out under the banner of the Democratic Party. If it was a national Party mailing, then she bears responsibility. If it was a local Democratic Party then she may not have known about it.

12. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +452 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

DWS reminds me of a homely version of Reese Witherspoons Tracey Flick in teh movie Election.

13. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And here I thought our representatives were supposed to act like adults, two wrongs don't make a right, when someone slanders you, you need to turn the other cheek.....

Guess I'm asking too much! Never mind! act like children when someone hits you hit them back! I hope all you teach your children this!

14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +828 / 27 / -33

It is that christian situational ethics thing, it only applies when it benefits you and does not apply when you are getting media attention ..

His military experience made him do it..

15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

It was not National, it was state, and West himself has always insisted it was his rival, Ron Klein, who was at fault.

Although the mailing came from the Florida Democratic Party, West and Grodin blamed Klein for it.

"I understand politics is a tough business. I expect to be challenged about my ideas, my beliefs," West said in a fund-raising e-mail to supporters. "But Ron Klein has clearly crossed a line. I'm not yet sure the potential damage that might come to my wife and me, and it makes me sick to think of what could happen to my daughters. My entire family is at risk of identity theft."

Dems include West social security number in flier, call it 'oversight'

16. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Her voice with that lisp is like nails on a chalkboard.

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

Third World Politics I Tell You.

18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

And both of these things have exactly what to do with her capabilities?

Or are these just the worse things you can think of to say about her?

19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

I can think of a few............................:singing:

20. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

It's not christian situational ethics, it's politician situational ethics.