Welcome to PatsFans.com

She Definitely is Not Leroy Jenkins

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 4, 2012.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

How's this for campaign stupidity: Maine republicans need to get a life IMO.

If I lived in her district she would have my vote all day long.

Republicans out Democrat in 'World of Warcraft' witch hunt - InGame on NBCNews.com

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Got no problem with WoW but a wannabe politician has to know enough to scrub themselves clean... saying how you like to kill things... while innocent to games comes off as bad politics.
  3. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

I think WoW and being a politician are a perfect match! You have to have a lot of free time for leveling and running instances with the guild and since politicians answer to no one... They can make the time to hit 85 and do guild runs. Hell, I bet she even has a few alts she is working on ;)

Honestly though, if that is her hobby who cares? If she golfed 4 days a week no one would pay it any mind.
  4. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

clearly you play... not that there's anything wrong with that.
  5. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

She puts it best:

"What's really weird is that the Republicans are going after my hobbies instead of talking about their record while they've been running Augusta for the last two years. Instead of talking about what they're doing for Maine people, they're making fun of me for playing video games. Did you know that more people over the age of 50 play video games than under the age of 18? As a gamer, I'm in good company with folks like Jodie Foster, Vin Diesel, Mike Myers, and Robin Williams. Maybe it's the Republican Party that is out of touch."

Indeed, orc.
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

If she participated in her "hobby" just once while on the job, she's unfit to serve. My guess is that people like her are obsessed with a GAME and often play it when they should be doing other things.

The last person I'd vote for is someone I knew who played video games hours on end....that reflects major issues in an adult.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

Every day you are supposedly working from your home and continue to post on this site frequently, all the while defrauding your company...

Should you be fired????

Does this reflect major issues as an adult???

This is a stupid issue for the Republicans to focus on...
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

No Darryl....there is no defrauding by me. I'm not paid by the hour...I'm paid to get a job done and I have the freedom to accomplish that any way I please.

I typically work 10-12 hours/day for a PRIVATE company. I have been awarded role model of excellence by my company for the past 2 years, so I think they feel they're getting their money's worth.

But anyone who is employed by taxpayers can't be allowed to play video games while on the job....that's just common sense Darryl. The same rules don't apply in private vs public sector workers.

Political discussion is an American past-time and it's very relevant to our society....video games are just fantasy with little benefit to society . Golf is far more beneficial to society....at least you play outdoors with real people!

And I don't post for hours on end during work hours.
  9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +566 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

10. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And the most judgmental contributor to the forum has laid his opinion bare once again.

Tell us, what "major issues" are reflected by someone playing video games? I can't wait for your pseudo-psychological assessment.
  11. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +566 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I love online gaming and I'm 53 ... if I was independently wealthy I would play way more.
  12. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

I used to play WoW, and there really is nothing wrong with that. Playing video games has been proven to be better for you than watching tv or movies.

A lot of people play WoW, including politicians, scientist, authors, actors, and so forth. It is simply another form of entertainment.

P.S. the video game industry surpassed the movie industry about 7 years ago and have either surpassed the music industry or are close too it. Lots of people playing video games :)
  13. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I used to play.... but they dumbed the game WAY down for Cataclysm.... i hear its even worse now.