PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shawne Merriman said he is putting the lights out to the lights out dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just heard on an interview with Shawne Merriman on Sirius NFL Radio that the Light's out dance he is noted for doing after a sack or big play in the past 2 years has come to an end.

He said the team wants to be focused on 1 thing this year and that is a championship, Shawn states he does not want to be singled out for anything and that the team is going to get serious in their quest for the title, nothing like the dance is to stand in the way of what is done on the field he claims.

Since he vows there will be no more Light's out sack dance anymore, I guess we will see if he is a man of his word. If he is and he has quit steroids he might become respectable in time.

I do think there is a decent possibility of him breaking the all-time single season sack record this year.

Last edited:
Re: Shawn Merrimen said he is putting the lights out to the lights out dance

Huh, makes you think. Perhaps the Chargers came to understand that the "disrespect" charge made against the Patriots was logically just the other side of the coin of his stupid dance. If so, I'm impressed.

Last edited:

I think you mean single season sack record, considering Merriman would need about 170 sacks to break the all time record.

I think you mean single season sack record, considering Merriman would need about 170 sacks to break the all time record.

Now that would be impressive.;)

Depends on which steroids he's using.

O.K. Mr. Technical - I'll change the wording. :rolleyes:

Perhaps he watched the NFLN's show on the top pass-rushers, and how much Gastineau was hated for his dance, and how the dance affected his focus and career.

We can thank Matt Light and his crew (Hobbs/Vrabel).

To putting an end. Matt Light shut him down...Hobbs and Vrabel did some dancing.

Enjoy the video post game on the way to locker room.

http://cbs4boston.com/video/?cid=37&[email protected]

Perhaps he watched the NFLN's show on the top pass-rushers, and how much Gastineau was hated for his dance, and how the dance affected his focus and career.

Maybe saw Ray Lewis dance and how stupid he looks and maybe does not want T.O. to do it anytime soon either.

Well for one, I am disappointed. One LESS thing to hate SD for. ;) Really, its kind of impressive, and as an old school guy I'm glad.

O.K. Mr. Technical - I'll change the wording. :rolleyes:

Sorry it wasn't meant in a mean way.

Has anyone else noticed that Merriman has an abnormally pointed head? Maybe he took the 'Roids to round it out like Barry Bonds? I wonder of they needed to modify his helmet at all. Just wunderin..

I can't stand the guy. Sack dance or no sack dance. Steroids or no steroids. He also made those dumb comments during 1/2time of the Pats/Jets playoff game wearing that tank-top and was covered in Clearsil.

Let's see how effective he is now that his testostrone level is being watched more stringently.

Sorry it wasn't meant in a mean way.

Oh, I know buddy. I'm cool with it..Thanks for the correction...It's always for the best.

Has anyone else noticed that Merriman has an abnormally pointed head? Maybe he took the 'Roids to round it out like Barry Bonds? I wonder of they needed to modify his helmet at all. Just wunderin..

I can't stand the guy. Sack dance or no sack dance. Steroids or no steroids. He also made those dumb comments during 1/2time of the Pats/Jets playoff game wearing that tank-top and was covered in Clearsil.

Let's see how effective he is now that his testosterone level is being watched more stringently.

Hate what you want about him, I think he will have a Hall of Fame career if he stays in San Diego where I think he is made for that defense. I simply cannot believe San Diego was lucky enough to get Merriman and Castillo in back to back picks.

I do not like him either but to be off on suspension for those several weeks and still have like 15 sacks on the season is downright frightening to opposing offensive lineman.No he will not get sacks every game but he is a dangerous weapon of the other side once that ball is snapped.

Hate what you want about him, I think he will have a Hall of Fame career if he stays in San Diego where I think he is made for that defense. I simply cannot believe San Diego was lucky enough to get Merriman and Castillo in back to back picks.

I do not like him either but to be off on suspension for those several weeks and still have like 15 sacks on the season is downright frightening to opposing offensive lineman.No he will not get sacks every game but he is a dangerous weapon of the other side once that ball is snapped.

I have no arguement against his production. After coming back from the suspension in Dec, he had like 9 sacks and 4 forced fumbles. He is an absolute wrecking machine from that OLB spot. Phillips on the other side is a force too. All the more amazing the job our OL and TEs did on him in the divisionals.

I'm just poking fun at him. But seriously, let's see how he does this year after a successful, but controversial sophomore year.

Last edited:
Sounds like he's finally getting a clue.

He was a parody of himself when he did the dance simply for putting a little bit of pressure on Brady in the playoffs.

Maybe they've finally realized that the only reason Patriots players danced was to make a mockery of his dance - which was a mockery in the first place.

If Merriman doesn't showboat, neither do the Patriots.

Get classy San Diego - only then can you stay that way.

Huh, makes you think. Perhaps the Chargers came to understand that the "disrespect" charge made against the Patriots was logically just the other side of the coin of his stupid dance. If so, I'm impressed.

I'll put my money here. I'm willing to bet LT and some others pulled him aside and said "Look D-bag, you see that sh!t the Patriots played on us. They did cuz of you stupid azz grandstanding lights out BS. Knock that silly crap out and do your talking on the field."

I'm willing to bet on it. Or the new coaches simply put the kybosh on it themselves. Either way, my money says it comes from some where else.

Weren't you the one chastising Light last December?

Maybe I did...I don't recall. I know I've said Light wasn't worthy of Pro Bowl alternate. I still don't think he's a top 5 tackle or anything. He got better as the year went on and grats to him.

Regardless who shutdown Merriman...I applaud.

I don't hate Light...I don't think hes bad. But he's inconsistent as a pass blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back