PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shawn Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I was watching ESPN First take today and it seems the network likes to hire former Pats...Torry Holt was an analyst on there 2 days ago and Springs today.

Anyway back to my question..... Shawn was cut in May and when Bodden went down I thought they might re-sign him since there was too much youth in the secondary and needed vet presence, Do you think we should have re-signed him?,he did have an INT and a respectable 40 tackles last year.

I personally thought Springs played at times lethargic and like a 35 year old last year and some media said that he had a locker room attitude on the down side like AD but on the field wouldn't he have still been a bit better than what we have opposite McCourty now?

Last edited:
I think we should have signed him but BB knows best and if he didn't sign him, there was probably a good reason for it.

I don't think he's 'all in' the way Algae is.

IIRC, the Patriots pass defense finally settled down last year once Springs and Sanders were inserted into the lineup.

Of course, you could argue that Matt Moore, Trent Edwards and David Garrard has something to do with that too.

No. 6 months ago, we wanted this waste of space gone. Now we seriously have people wondering if we should get a guy who sucked last year, and sucked so bad no one else feels the need to pick him up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back