Welcome to PatsFans.com

Shawn Springs

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was watching ESPN First take today and it seems the network likes to hire former Pats...Torry Holt was an analyst on there 2 days ago and Springs today.

Anyway back to my question..... Shawn was cut in May and when Bodden went down I thought they might re-sign him since there was too much youth in the secondary and needed vet presence, Do you think we should have re-signed him?,he did have an INT and a respectable 40 tackles last year.

I personally thought Springs played at times lethargic and like a 35 year old last year and some media said that he had a locker room attitude on the down side like AD but on the field wouldn't he have still been a bit better than what we have opposite McCourty now?
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  2. CheeseMonkeys

CheeseMonkeys Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#11 Jersey

I think we should have signed him but BB knows best and if he didn't sign him, there was probably a good reason for it.
  3. QB12

QB12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I don't think he's 'all in' the way Algae is.
  4. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

IIRC, the Patriots pass defense finally settled down last year once Springs and Sanders were inserted into the lineup.

Of course, you could argue that Matt Moore, Trent Edwards and David Garrard has something to do with that too.
  5. 51Hits

51Hits Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No. 6 months ago, we wanted this waste of space gone. Now we seriously have people wondering if we should get a guy who sucked last year, and sucked so bad no one else feels the need to pick him up?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.