PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shawn Springs released [Update: Failed Physical]; Ted Larsen signs deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the following Extra Points blog entry,
Springs takes on reports of failed physical - Extra Points - Boston.com,
I am still suspicious that Springs was released less because of the "official" reason - a failed physical - than because Bill just didn't want him in the locker room, for now, and would rather take a chance on one/both of Wheatley/Wilhite finally justifying their draft status.
Whether we get even a hint of the true nature of Springs' release from Bill next week, is open for debate.

Re: Springs Cut, Larsen signed.

The good thing about cutting him is that we saved money and cap space to sign him again for the vet minimum once we resign Crable/Wheatley and sign TO then trade for Brandon Marshall.

Last edited:
After reading the following Extra Points blog entry,
Springs takes on reports of failed physical - Extra Points - Boston.com,
I am still suspicious that Springs was released less because of the "official" reason - a failed physical - than because Bill just didn't want him in the locker room, for now, and would rather take a chance on one/both of Wheatley/Wilhite finally justifying their draft status.

Doubtless there are multiple factors -- it's hard to imagine that they'd jettison a core starter with the same injury status. Yet the timing seems totally random except for the physical. That makes me think the physical really did play a role.

Doubtless there are multiple factors -- it's hard to imagine that they'd jettison a core starter with the same injury status. Yet the timing seems totally random except for the physical. That makes me think the physical really did play a role.

I think it played a role, too. I don't think it was the primary reason. If Tom Brady, Welker, or Mayo failed a physical they'd be given a chance to recover.

Good riddance to that butt clown. He lost us at least one game last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back