PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shawn Springs considers retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brono

Shawn Springs considers retirement - Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston
Patriots cornerback Shawn Springs was a guest on ESPN’s “First Take” this morning, and he was asked if he’s reached the end of his NFL career after 13 seasons.

“Maybe,” Springs said. “I actually feel like I can still play a lot. I don’t know yet.”

Springs said he will take his time before making a decision on his future. He signed a three-year contract with the Patriots in 2009, but is considering retirement.

Holley had mentioned a possible announcement yesterday....just sort NOT saying what..SO I am not surprised...

I'd be surprised if retirement happens. He didn't sound like someone who was giving it real serious consideration.

Is this news supposed to scare us?

Springs is a long gone talent who left the peak of his career far back.

Time to get even more younger and faster - Without Wilhite unless he does something special in TC

Last edited:
Is this news supposed to scare us?

Springs is a long gone talent who left the peak of his career far back.

Time to get even more younger and faster - Without Wilhite unless he does something special in TC

Wilhite will be on this team in 2010 regardless of what he does in TC.

That's not good. When healthy, Springs is solid.

Dude...We need to keep Bodden.

/captain obvious chiming in :D

Dude...We need to keep Bodden.

/captain obvious chiming in :D

If the Patriots improve the pass rush (aka generate any pass rush), then all of the CBs will look better even Willhite.

Signing off Deputy Duhhhhh :p

So if Springs and Bodden don't return....we are better off? You like Wilhite and Wheatley that much :D
I'll dump them both and take Cromartie who is reported to be on the trading block

Last edited:
Cromartie sucks. Just say no to Cro

Cromartie sucks. Just say no to Cro

130 Tackles and 15 INTs and 2 TDs in the last 3 seasons and you say he sucks?

If he sucks then our guys currently at CB should not even be in the league.

Last edited:
He should have to give back part of his signing bonus if he retires. He promised us 3 years, and gave only one.

Watch me get railed on for this post. Why do so many posters get off insulting people on these message boards and putting people down? Is this how they stoke their egos?

I said Kaczur could play guard next year and one guy got apoplectic. "Have you EVER EVEN PLAYED FOOTBALL?". Well, yes I have, but is that a requirement to post here?

You like Wilhite and Wheatley that much :D

I wouldn't give more than a bucket of beatup range balls for those 2, and that would only be so I could use them up in preseason as gunners for stealing the $ they have so far.
After PS I would make one a towel boy, and the other the official toilet washer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye