PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shawn Lauvao

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterfallJumper

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The trend in recent years for Patriots guards is shorter, more compact athletes. They must be able to move well in addition to holding up at the POA--a difficult combination in smaller guys, who tend to have the movement skills and not the strength and girth. After looking through the various guards, centers, and tackles in this draft, I've decided that Shawn Lauvao comes closest to fitting the Pats' new prototype at guard (which probably means we won't draft him! haha). Although he played tackle in college, he's ideally suited for life inside. He's very strong and fluid, with good intelligence and football IQ, and from the reports I've read is a real locker room leader.

Check out how fluid he is in the mirror drill. NFL Videos: 2010 Combine workout: Shawn Lauvao

Thoughts?

Nice -- I have to admit this guy was totally off my radar, but the profile fits: the right size, strength and mobility, experience at several different OL positions, and apparently outstanding intangibles.

He projects as a guard in the NFL and would seem to be a fit for the Pats. Round 6-7 projection by PFW. Would be a great value there.

He caught my eye at the Senior Bowl, he did struggle some in the pit drills, but he seemed to play okay in the game - I saw him as a Scarnecchia camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back