PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shawn Crable - Patriots Linebacker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's just because of the heart condition. Those references came from Adam Shefter, whose opinion I take seriously on player transactions, but whose opinion I take as a joke on player evaluations. Like I said in another thread, the closest Shefter has been to football is when he sneaks into the locker room after the game and sniffs the jockstraps.

There must've been something specific for the Pats though. They must've thought he'd be nothing but a pass rusher, and wouldn't be able to drop into coverage or stop the run??

I don't know, it just seems like to me, to have the chance to have him in the middle of the second round and to have the chips to trade up and then to not tells me the Patriots def were not sold on him. Let's hope Crable can become the QB-killer I envisioned Groves being for us.

I watched a few Michigan games and though Crable was quite athletic but not dominant my any stretch. I am happy the Pats went younger and faster at LB, Crable will benefit from an NFL training program, 5 pounds a year, in 2-3 years he should be 255 which is about where he should be. In the meantime he plays special teams.

Nice solid player, good addition, but I don't see a real high ceiling. To be honest when I see him I think about Justin Rogers. Still to this day it bugs me that they kept Chad Brown who has zero options outside of NE instead of a young player who could produce at the same level.

Is Crable better than Rogers?

Looking to the 2009 the Patriots could try to add Seward to the mix (or get totally crazy and add Dansby or Suggs). Either way they are younger and faster at LB.

Is Crable better than Rogers?

Looking to the 2009 the Patriots could try to add Seward to the mix (or get totally crazy and add Dansby or Suggs). Either way they are younger and faster at LB.
I do think Crable is better than Rogers..certainly more versatile at this point and I think a much better upside possible. Seward is a very possible one to sign in 09 as a free agent.. Dansby? Suggs? A LOT will depend on what happens with the LBs this year..I really dount they throw a LOT of money around next year...Seward though would be cheap and I think that is important to them team. I wonder..is there any chance he will be cut this year?

I do think Crable is better than Rogers..certainly more versatile at this point and I think a much better upside possible. Seward is a very possible one to sign in 09 as a free agent.. Dansby? Suggs? A LOT will depend on what happens with the LBs this year..I really dount they throw a LOT of money around next year...Seward though would be cheap and I think that is important to them team. I wonder..is there any chance he will be cut this year?

The Panthers signed Landon Johnson when news of New England's interest in Seward broke and then drafted Dan Connor. They've got some bodies ahead of Seward (quite a few actually), so it wouldn't surprise me if he is cut and then brought in here for cheap (and without the loss of a pick).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back