PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shaun Ellis: Jets have 'no loyalty'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Ellis shared his thoughts about the great Patriot loyalty to players like Richard Seymour, Law, Milloy, amongst many others... :rolleyes:

The Jets gave him 10+ years, he wasn't nearly worth the price the Pats paid him, he's been a mediocre player at best, and far overpaid as Pat.

Never thought this would happen but i'm gonna agree with the Jet fan on this.

Patriots have no problems cutting ties with a player and Ellis hasn't been worth what we paid him.(unless he beasts the SB)

Law actually stated that he's chasing the highest salary offered because everyone in the family tree now lives in his basement (or did at the time of the quote), and Seymour demanded top dollar because a decent 3-4 end is a rare bird. We couldn't keep Sey and Vince, and that move was a no brainer for the brain trust even though many of us (yours truly included) went nuts when that trade happened.

It's certainly easier to overpay when it's 4 or 5 mil than it is when it's 13 mil.

I don't care about his sour grapes toward his former employer. I just want him to produce on the field this Sunday. Ward and Jacobs aren't going to tackle themselves.

Agreed 100%. He's still has the Jet Stink on him until he comes up big in a big game for the Patriots. Walk the Walk on the Big Stage first. Then, we'll enjoy the Talk.

He and G. Warren should know that this may be the only and last bite of the SB apple that they may get. They should play balls to the wall during this game.

His feelings toward the Jets matters not this week.

I don't care about his sour grapes toward his former employer. I just want him to produce on the field this Sunday. Ward and Jacobs aren't going to tackle themselves.

Agreed (but I assume Ward is Bradshaw)

He and G. Warren should know that this may be the only and last bite of the SB apple that they may get. They should play balls to the wall during this game.

Hehe...this is exactly why i miss Andre Carter this week. He knows the Giants and i'm pretty sure he would be willing to break his back for that ring on sunday. Feel really bad for the guy.

The funny thing is that the Jets claimed (through sources) that they let Ellis go because they thought he would be a bad influence on the younger players. Yet, they paid Santonio Holmes a huge contract and he tore apart the locker room.

If you consult with Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online, their consensus is that "irregardless" is listed as a word in most dictionaries and is generally considered a synonym for "regardless", although it is considered less proper than "regardless." At any rate, thanks for the correction and I should have known better. Regardless, I stand by my claim that Jet fans cry like little babies, irregardless of their gender.

The problem with incorrect usage is that M-W finally wimps out and gives in to popular usages like irregardless, no matter how wrong they are. "Ir" usually means not. Regardless means not regarding; therefore irregardless means not not regarding. I haven't checked lately, but I suppose "unthaw" will ultimate show up in M-W along with a few other non-words that are in common usage.

The problem with incorrect usage is that M-W finally wimps out and gives in to popular usages like irregardless, no matter how wrong they are. "Ir" usually means not. Regardless means not regarding; therefore irregardless means not not regarding. I haven't checked lately, but I suppose "unthaw" will ultimate show up in M-W along with a few other non-words that are in common usage.

Agreed. It was incorrect usage by me. However, I stand by the thrust of my general point.

Men in dark sunglasses and suits with "MHK" lapel pins are on their way to Ellis' hotel room to have a little chat with him.

All kidding aside, the Pats don't have a ton of "loyalty" either. Trading Richard Seymore wasn't a very loyal move for instance.

Although, Kevin Faulk's presence on the Pats roster might prove otherwise...

Maybe.. But no matter what, the Jets could never give Shaun Ellis this....

IMG_7378--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

But I am sure BB will re-evaluate his off season acquisitions, after the SB. SB is for Super Bowl. Not sure if Jets fans know what that is...

Some odd reason, my mind went to that pose from that movie Titanic.

Shudder.

I wonder if Ellis shared his thoughts about the great Patriot loyalty to players like Richard Seymour, Law, Milloy, amongst many others... :rolleyes:

The Jets gave him 10+ years, he wasn't nearly worth the price the Pats paid him, he's been a mediocre player at best, and far overpaid as Pat.

I love when fans of other teams come onto a New England board and spout garbage they don't know jack about..

1) Seymour actually recommended the Patriots to Gerard Warren. Yeah... so much animosity there... :rolleyes:

2) The Patriots tried to restructure Milloy's contract after he had a horrible season where he didn't produce an interception or a forced fumble and he declined.

3) Ty Law was with the Patriots through 2 very good contracts. Just because he didn't see the final 10 million on it (which no one expected when he signed it) doesn't mean they didn't treat him right.

4) Mike Vrabel, who was traded, was upset at first, but then figured out why the Pats traded him. One was because, otherwise, he wasn't likely to make the squad and would be cut. And the other was to expose him to other teams ways of doing things. Something that he'd need when he became a coach himself.

In the case of Milloy and Law, the Patriots never asked them to take a cut down to the minimum. They tried to rework the deal so that the player was paid at a level commensurate with what they were bringing to the field.

So, who are all these players you are referring to???

Men in dark sunglasses and suits with "MHK" lapel pins are on their way to Ellis' hotel room to have a little chat with him.

All kidding aside, the Pats don't have a ton of "loyalty" either. Trading Richard Seymore wasn't a very loyal move for instance.

Although, Kevin Faulk's presence on the Pats roster might prove otherwise...

They traded a player they knew they wouldn't be able to re-sign when he became a free agent. Seymour stated as much.

That's good business.

The Pats have been plenty loyal to many players. Particularly the ones who have gotten 100% behind the team mantra and exuded the team's message. Matt Light, Dan Koppen, Kevin Faulk, Tedy Bruschi. Just to name a few.

This. Look no further than the definition of "literally." It now has two opposite meanings because people misused it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes