PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shaughnessy blasts Patriots over tickets, parking, time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will go with the first half of your last line and avoid it when I visit BG's Pats site. Thanks for the heads-up!

Last edited:
I don't read his articles anymore. When I see his byline, I know it's not about football. It's about Dan.

I'd already read it -- a complete waste of trees. :(

The whole article is unbelievably lazy. It has no original information, no interesting ideas, and is written in an "attention-grabbing" but, in the end, totally boring style.

I don't read his articles anymore. When I see his byline, I know it's not about football. It's about Dan.

Bingo. And the guy is a walking advertisement for serotonin medications.

Wow, all this hatred because Kraft didnt invite him to a breakfast 15 years ago. Shaughnessy is such a clown (although I secretly cringe about the parking situation this year.)

He does leave out the fact that every NFL team charges full price for preseason games. He also leaves out the fact that Kraft didn't force his season tix holders to buy PSL's for the new stadium (unlike every other owner who builds a new stadium).

Last edited:
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...07/08/17/expect_a_backup_everywhere_you_look/

I know, I was dumb to look at his article, but I am amazed at the venom he spewed. Calling it consumer fraud that the Pats charge full price for tickets and parking for pre-season games.

I'd say to avoid the article at all costs, but that would just get you to read it...

Dan Shaughnessy is a cheap b a s t a r d, just like most reporters.

Tell him to stick to baseball. We don't need him around football!

Borges and Shaughnessy two malcontents, who let their own personal experiences, dictate their so called "objective" reporting... get over it Dan, one nice thing about this country is if we want to go to Gillette tonite it is our choice..

FYI, CHB actually reads e-mails you send him, but be advised - and Curt Schill can attest to this - he actually enjoys criticism and enjoys being disliked. He's the Borges type - insecure to the point where his only defense is to take disapproval, dislike and criticism and turn it into a false sense of superiority over people he decides are below him.

I try not to read his articles now. I'll avoid this one as well.

Last edited:
Shaugnessy is a hack who only keeps his job by sucking up to his employer's financial interests at the expense of his journalistic integrity.

Boston Globe Official Position Statement, as interpreted by Shank:

"Imagine the upstart Patriots, only 47 years old, and playing "in the boonies" 25 miles from the "hub of the universe" (snort! :rolleyes:), challenging the Red Sox (and our investment in them) for the hearts of New England sports fans? The audacity! The chutzpa! The sheer arrogance!"

Last edited:
I have to disagree....my read of the article was a blast of the NFL, and not the pats in particular. This practice is league wide, is it not?

I'm not a DS fan, but he brings up some good points. Let's face it, Kraft and Co. are first and foremost out for the almighty dollar, and anybody who thinks otherwise, I have a bridge to sell them.

If it was mostly about the fan, a preseason game would not cost us our first born, and WE the real fan would be able to go to our teams Super Bowl games.

Most of us can't.

Last edited:
Eh, Shank Shaugnessey is just going over the same arguments we had in here last week. He's probably is all proud of himself and thinks he's the first person to expose how much the NFL fleeces customers. Whoop-de-do.

they didn't become billionaires by being anything other than good businessmen

Dan Shaughnessy is a cheap b a s t a r d, just like most reporters.

Tell him to stick to baseball. We don't need him around football!

I'd argue he should stay away from baseball as well.

Um I do sell bridges.....http://www.contech-cpi.com/bridges/11.... why are bridge sales always associated with fraud? ;)
It is said that during the great waves of immigration in the latter part of the 19th and early part of the 20th century, con men would approach naive new arrivals (who had been told the streets of America were paved with gold) on the streets of New York, and offer to sell them the Brooklyn Bridge for their pocket money. Since many of them carried their life savings in their pockets, this was a considerable opportunity for scammers.

Whether this actually happened, or is merely another urban legend, is unknown to me. But that is where the expression "if you believe that, then I have a bridge to sell you" originated.

In the NFL, $49 to $150 (list price) lets you personally experience 1/20th of a entire football season. Even with backups and total scrubs playing, that is still WAY better value than MLB. You pay roughly the same for Red Sox tickets which let you personally experience only 1/162th of a season of baseball.

An apples to apples comparison would be the cost (and time commitment) to go to 10 Red Sox games vs. 1 Pats game.

With baseball, you'd have to actually sit through 10 full games for it to have the same meaning as one day spent at Gillette.

Last edited:
Shaughnessy - NOBODY cares what you think.

This is how the NFL chooses to do business and last time I checked they were pretty successful, I am sure they will heed your sorry advice.

As for Mr. Kraft, he had the guts to keep this team here and take the risk on all by himself - jealous that he made it big are you??

I kind of like pre-season games - you just need to know how to watch them, but how woudl you know it's not baseball. I like to watch for the surprise of camp as he makes this team by playing well in these games. I like to root for injuury free football from both teams as they round themselves and their team into shape.

Did you notice there as a 50,000 person waiting list, or did you miss that??

Stay in Boston please and stay away from my town. If I see you on my private access road leading into the station, I will cut you right off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey