PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shaughnessy Article on SI.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's more, he'd need to do a third major image overhaul to be marketable after football. Where's his agent to explain that?

And just to digress even more, Adam Vinatieri essentially made the same mistake. He got a few dollars more in Indianapolis, but failed to recognize the decades of endorsements he could mine in the Boston market after football. Now, he gets none of that. In Indy, with Peyton Manning, he'll get none of that.

Where are these agents to explain these things?

I think this is one of those places where players' and agents' interests diverge, and it really hurts the players. IIRC player agents don't routinely handle endorsement contracts -- a separate marketing manager does that. Assuming that's the case, then the agent doesn't care one bit about the player's outside and post-retirement earnings potential.

the pats(or any boston team) just need to lose 1 game-1 game and he will turn on them happily. i really could care less about him and i stopped clicking on his articles . The fact that he is being the voice of boston fans/media on SI irritates me more.

I think this is one of those places where players' and agents' interests diverge, and it really hurts the players. IIRC player agents don't routinely handle endorsement contracts -- a separate marketing manager does that. Assuming that's the case, then the agent doesn't care one bit about the player's outside and post-retirement earnings potential.
In another few years, it'd be an interesting exercise to figure (as best anyone could) whether Deion Branch made more or less, over the longer stretch, shooting his way to Seattle and back. I'm thinking it would probably be a wash, but that's a lot of effort to end up right where you started.

Last edited:
I can't believe any writer (and Shaughnessy's not the only one) would ever think BB gave up on a season. He's certainly made a lot of decisions with the future in mind, but that hardly means giving up on any single year, especially with 12 games to go. Just absolutely stupid, pure nonsense written to drive ratings and page hits instead of actually putting together anything insightful for fans.

lot of mediots said that they were giving up on the season

NFL Videos: Are the Patriots giving up?

NFL Videos: Deion on Moss trade: "Are you crazy?"

i wish these guys are asked the same question again. i know hindsight is 20-20 and they will say pats are lucky etc etc but how about reserving some judgement before the games play out. more importantly...there was no mention of moss during yesterdays titans loss. thats how these mediots turn on you once the story runs out of steam

Moss fired his longtime agent earlier this year. Looking at the events as they have unfolded since, I can't help but wonder now if his former agent was perhaps telling him things he didn't want to hear.

It's ironic how his demands for a big payday are going to cost him ... a big payday.

I didn't know that.

Here's another thing for Randy to consider - while he was being a moderately good and straight soldier over these last couple years, T.O. was ruining everything for him. He'll get a contract from someone, but T.O. is now the measuring stick for any team looking at an aging diva. Which isn't to say that T.O. wasn't semi-productive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye