PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shaughnessy and the Krafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsGuy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
What's the story between these two? Both in today's article and in one last week, Shaughnessy uses the term "high chair" in reference to the Kraft family. Was there a specific incident? It's obviously bugging Shaughnessy as he continuously goes back to said reference

What's the story between these two? Both in today's article and in one last week, Shaughnessy uses the term "high chair" in reference to the Kraft family. Was there a specific incident? It's obviously bugging Shaughnessy as he continuously goes back to said reference

I'm going to guess and say it's a reference to Bob Kraft's elevated seat in the owners box at Gillette.

why would anyone pay attention to this when it talks football?
dan-shaughnessy.jpg

Around 1996 or so Kraft invited some media members to a breakfast and did not include Shaughnessy. The popular theory is that exclusion was the origin of Shaughnessy's pattern of shots at Kraft, like the highchair comments and others.

It's Shaughnessey. He doesn't need a real reason. I was listening to him last night rag on soccer. I mean, it's fine to not like soccer, but he's such an idiot about a game that is loved by literally /billions/ of people around the world. He's just so dismissive and is absolutely positive that in 20 years, everyone in America will still revere baseball over soccer. Baseball. The same baseball that's bleeding fans left and right.

Around 1996 or so Kraft invited some media members to a breakfast and did not include Shaughnessy. The popular theory is that exclusion was the origin of Shaughnessy's pattern of shots at Kraft, like the highchair comments and others.
I'd forgotten that, but you're right.

Correct. Actually, I believe it was pretty much an open invitation to the media at large. When Shank arrived, he was told that he wasn't welcome me there.

Shank aside (who I despised since the early 90's), how come the Krafts' (father and son) sit on a high chair while their invited guests are seen a rung below? Seems like they like to project a high and mighty image.

Correct. Actually, I believe it was pretty much an open invitation to the media at large. When Shank arrived, he was told that he wasn't welcome me there.

Is that really true?

who still reads his garbage, and why is he getting promoted here?

He's so Boston it hurts to even look at him.

The thing is, he is SUCH a total self-parody at this point--has been for 15+ years at least, that it's just painful to try and watch and/or read him. When you are such an exaggerated caricature of the region you come from, you make it so much easier to be a target. Shaughnessy is surely aware of this aspect of his persona and I'm sure, if anything, he cranks up the "Bahstin" even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back