PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shaughnessy actually has the mot juste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patchick, but I strongly disagree with you there.

He has a very personal agenda against Bob Kraft and his family. He has a deep, cultural, multi-decade agenda against the Kraft family. it is obvious to anyone who reads the potshots he takes against them. Surely, you did not miss the "cartoonish" reference to Bob Kraft in the column you reference. That is mild compared to what he usually pulls.

I agree with you that his writing IS a lazy route to attention, but there is nothing lazy or haphazard about his campaign against the Kraft family.
Now I have to read this article. Damn you Shmessy!!:)
PS...what's a Shmessy....something to do with soiling underwear? "Uh oh....we have a shmessy!" :)
Edit...read it. Not sure the "cartoonish" Kraft reference. In my eyes, CHB just regurgitated the gargle of the Sunday Night Media Jocks ..."The Krafts were painted as cheap, not willing to spend to the cap, more concerned with the CBS Scene than Super Bowl XLIX."

Last edited:
Patchick, but I strongly disagree with you there.

He has a very personal agenda against Bob Kraft and his family.

Sorry, let me clarify. I think of sports "haters" as the Marshall Faulk or Ron Borges types who root for a team to lose, either based on a grudge or to prove themselves right.

I don't believe Shaughnessy cares about sports results at all. Any hates he harbors are of a different stripe.

Patsfans.com - where everyone who's ever said a discouraging word about the Patriots is the equivalent of the devil himself.

No. But people who make a full time career of it deserve contempt.

The people who deserve contempt are those who cannot handle the Patriots being criticized. From Gasper, to Silver, and now Shaughnessy, in a matter of days, this site has gone personal after reporters/columnists for no reason other than what they've written. It's been like watching a pathetic high school nerd clique bashing the cooler kids in order to make themselves feel better.

The people who deserve contempt are those who cannot handle the Patriots being criticized. From Gasper, to Silver, and now Shaughnessy, in a matter of days, this site has gone personal after reporters/columnists for no reason other than what they've written. It's been like watching a pathetic high school nerd clique bashing the cooler kids in order to make themselves feel better.

Ha! Ha! Ha!

This is new? If you check back, I bet you could find people not too happy with Felger, Borges, Florio. On the other hand, most of us are interested to read what people like Reiss, Bruschi or Bedard have to say about the Pats.

(By the way, why else would anyone criticize reporters except for what they've written? )

Ha! Ha! Ha!

This is new? If you check back, I bet you could find people not too happy with Felger, Borges, Florio. On the other hand, most of us are interested to read what people like Reiss, Bruschi or Bedard have to say about the Pats.

(By the way, why else would anyone criticize reporters except for what they've written? )

No, it's not new. It's just pathetic. A bunch of 'men' maliciously gossiping like old women in a knitting circle is more shameful than anything these sportswriters (outside of Borges) have ever written.

No, it's not new. It's just pathetic. A bunch of 'men' maliciously gossiping like old women in a knitting circle is more shameful than anything these sportswriters (outside of Borges) have ever written.

Oh, I don't know about that. In my knitting circle we stick to pre-Socratic philosophy and the latest developments in cell biology. Yours may be different, of course ...

Yep, he's sometimes mistakenly labeled a "hater." He has no such agenda; I honestly don't think he cares who wins the games. His style of negativity is just a lazy route to attention.

(If anybody wonders why I even bothered reading his column, it's simple: it was on the kitchen table at breakfast. Our family is still devoted to morning newsprint. Pixels just don't complement that first cup of coffee the same way.)
Shaughnessy has stated many times on the radio that he roots for no teams - local or not local - he roots for the "story", as do most of the media in this market. They obviously lean toward "wanting" the local teams to fail, to have quarterback controversies, to have losing streaks, etc., because it gives them more to write about and ***** about on the radio.
For Shaughnessy, the better story is the Pats going to Buffalo Sunday and losing, so if that happens, wonderful for him because he can write one of his ponderous, filled with recycled quotes and 30 year old pop culture references columns about the Pats, Bob Kraft, former Columbia intramural scatback and his stopwatch, etc.
If the Pats go up to Orchard Park and blow doors off, then it's the march of the tomato cans. The Patriots cannot win in the local media's eyes, unless they win the super bowl and dominate every game.

Shaughnessey is Felger, without the Bruins.

Or in movie parlance... he's Mr. Potter from It's A Wonderful Life.

Patsfans.com - where everyone who's ever said a discouraging word about the Patriots is the equivalent of the devil himself.

Another creative interpretation. Sure, "'the equivalent of the devil himself."

Theatrical today.

Wow. Someone sure is cranky since Sunday night! :D

"Shameful"????

Oh, I don't know about that. In my knitting circle we stick to pre-Socratic philosophy and the latest developments in cell biology. Yours may be different, of course ...

Could Socrates rush the passer?

What every you say Lucifer.

;)

Lucifer does mean "light bringer"...Deus is only trying to enlighten us homers who still hold a grudge against Tomase from 2007...for 100% proven LIES a week before the Super bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back