Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sharia Law?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +596 / 24 / -19

DeMint: Sexually Active Unmarried Women And Gay Teachers Should Be Barred From Classrooms | TPMMuckraker

Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) says that even though "no one" came to his defense in 2004 after he said that gay people and unwed mothers should be banned from teaching, "everyone" quietly told him that he shouldn't back down from his position.

He also implied that not banning gay people and women who have sex before marriage from teaching would be an attack on Christians, and defended his position on banning gay teachers because he holds the same position on women who have sex outside of marriage.

"[When I said those things,] no one came to my defense," he said, the Spartanberg Herald-Journal reported. "But everyone would come to me and whisper that I shouldn't back down. They don't want government purging their rights and their freedom to religion."

2. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +514 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

That's because it is indefensible.

3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

You know that old duck thing that goes if it looks like a duck and walks like a......It Sharia law, but since its Christian sharia law its OK

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

Sharia law?

Please this thread is inane.

With sharia law both these groups of people are dead ...

DeMintt is a douchebag ... but he's playing to his douchebag base ... it is what it is.

what a race ... Demintt vs Greene ... what a choice.

Epic Fail of a thread.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  5. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,506 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Apparently, the title maker for this thread does not even remotely have a clue about what Shari'a law actually entails.

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +596 / 24 / -19

I figured most of the people who post in this forum would have been aware that some prominent Republicans think we need to outlaw Sharia law, which I have no doubt is very sexist and anti-gay Either you and Icy missed that story or the point I was making was above your head.

Gingrich proposes law to ban Sharia, accuses health secretary of ‘Soviet tyranny’ | Raw Story

Speaking to the Values Voters Summit Saturday, Gingrich told an enthusiastic audience that the US should have a law preventing judges from using traditional Muslim law, known as Sharia, when adjudicating cases. He also suggested the law allow for judges, including apparently Supreme Court judges, to be unseated if they attempt to use Muslim law.

7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

I was very aware and I commented in that thread ...

Sorry but the thread title gives you an epic fail here.

Sharia law is brutal and inhuman ... it's as bad as it gets on this current planet.

why couldn't you just comment on what DeMint said for the horrible racism that it represents.
    A man sworn to uphold our Constitution who does not truly believe we are all created equal.

it would have worked at face value without the comparison that is not at all valid.

8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Comparing this a-hole's ideas to sharia law is like comparing Obama to Hitler....they're both stupid comparisons that never should have been made.

Sharia law is brutally barbaric in that it calls for death by several means; stoning, hanging, etc. for crimes that people shouldn't even be punished for. Only barbaric people would either support or defend sharia law...

Let's keep that simple & true statement fresh in our minds for the next idiot who says sharia law is none of America's business.

9. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

agree the guy is a 100% scumbag, and i get the sharia law comment if you're using the term liberally, but i think you're holding them up to be equal...