PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shannon Sharpe=Idioitic

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombonneau

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Way to let your hatred of the Pats completely get in the way of any logic.

So the Pats will have trouble rushing the passer in the 3-4 bc of only 3 DLs. But the Chargers, running the same 3-4 defense, will harass the passer all day.

Ok buddy, sound logic there.

Sorry for the rant, but wanted to vented and no one at home to hear me. :)

So the Pats will have trouble rushing the passer in the 3-4 bc of only 3 DLs. But the Chargers, running the same 3-4 defense, will harass the passer all day.

is shawne merriman even good in coverage?

A few things. The Chargers 3-4 is a ONE GAP system, not a 2 gap system like the Patriots. And, as a ONE GAP, they have more responsibility to rush the Passer than the 2 Gap where the responsibility is to control the line and let the linebackers do their job.

That being said, Sharpe was still pretty stupid because the Pats did register 40 some sacks this year. Its not the 61 that the Chargers put up, but as the COLTS proved yesterday, just because your Defense put up a ton of sacks, doesn't mean you win.

The Pats are 5th in the NFL in sacks. The Chargers are #1. So two of the top five teams in sacks are 3-4 teams. Yet they have problems rushing the passer. Great analysis there Shannon.

I agree wholeheartedly that SS is a dullard, but please use "Idiotic" or you're going to sabotage your own post!

I agree wholeheartedly that SS is a dullard, but please use "Idiotic" or you're going to sabotage your own post!

Ha hey I can't be held responsible it if that horsemouthed jerkoff gets me so angry that I commit egregious typos!

SS = " I love New England, but I just can't go against the Chargers" :rolleyes:

I agree. what douche

The closed captioning feature on my TV is broken. Couldn't understand a word he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes