PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shane Vereen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Vereen will ever do anything with the Pats honestly. I watched him run and he's the wannabe slippery type who will lose yards to avoid contact. That may have worked in college but it didn't look too good in the pre-season or in limited regular season action yet either. His running style is the opposite of BJGE's and he's no Barry Sanders. Ridley looks like a keeper and Vereen looks like a "Chad Jackson" (he's not even a LoMo).
Thats just my honest assessment at this early stage, hope I'm wrong.

Agreed. This is my last act before going to Fedex this morning. He's taking a two day vacation and can start his probation on Tuesday - - he'll be closely watched and better not drink and post again.

Note to self on this sage advice

If we had a PUI (posting under the influence) rule here, I'm not sure how many posts we would actually have, especially on Sundays.

Can anyone name a recent draft pick who did nothing as a rookie and then suddenly was a contributor the next year??????

I guess you have to give this rookie class some slack due to the lockout, no mini camp, OTAs, etc. But usually we know if someone is gong to be a player by the end of thier rookie year. Now granted we have take years to finally cut bait with these guys, but you might be able to lump Vareen in with Crable, Tate, Butler, Brace, Wilhite, Wheately, et al..

The only exception to this rule seems to be Cunningham, (and McCourtey, yikes) Cunningham seems to have regressed like that Star Trek episode when they all started de-evolving.....

Look Gronk, and Hernandez, and Zoltan, all were major contributors their rookie years, ditto for Mayo, Deaderick, Chung, if you can't get on the field by the end of your rookie year, history has shown us that two things will happen..

1) eventually your going to get cut

2) but not before we go through 100 treads about this is the game that Player X is going to have a breakout....

If we had a PUI (posting under the influence) rule here, I'm not sure how many posts we would actually have, especially on Sundays.

Is it too early??? ahhhh 10 am beeeeeeeeeeeer:rocker::rocker:

When I'm over my limit, I always use a designated poster.

As I no longer drink at all, maybe that could a segway to a new signature or perhaps a new role...

After the initial bewilderment of the correlation between hamstring injuries and woman-touching, my only solution was that you correctly took my examination of your chronicles of hamstring impairments as an assertion that I have acutely wounded one of my own and from there surmised that it was because of my robust physique, caused by the exertion which crippled my right leg, that I attract many humans of the female gender. However, I then became cognizant of the substantiality that there is, in fact, no association between my proclamation and your rejoinder. Therefore, I accept your rebuttal as an inconsequential inquisition. I pronounce that the supreme operation for you to conduct is a defenestration of the commodity on which you are perusing the information superhighway.

Top response to a troll. :rocker:

As for Vereen, in his limited reps, the one thing I have noticed is his real speed. I like what I see so far.

Last time I PUI'd I became the alter egos of BSAMSON ...

bsamsonjr ... bsamson_redux and bsamson number 2 .... :singing:

Last edited:
Wow....... I missed all the fun again. Sigh.

We used to attract a much higher quality of trolls. Lately we've been getting more from the moronosphere.

Ah well. Looking forward to a nice breakfast with my daughter, then a relaxing day watching football and trying to get rid of this bothersome cold.

I'm particularly offended by trolls who can't spell (with allowances made for our cousins across the pond) or use punctuation correctly. I would personally ban people on these grounds alone. Thankfully, their posts allow us to ban them for other reasons.

Sherlock Holmes, I know this is over your head but I'm talking all time. Not just this year. Take a few minutes to digest that.

There are PLENTY who haven't done much in their first year even as a 2nd round RB. The fact someone mentioned one other from this year and you pushed it aside as if it meant nothing shows that you really didn't care for an answer. That you're just going off on a drunken rant.

There are PLENTY who haven't done much in their first year even as a 2nd round RB. The fact someone mentioned one other from this year and you pushed it aside as if it meant nothing shows that you really didn't care for an answer. That you're just going off on a drunken rant.

Well, we hope the OP was drunk. . . .

Last edited:
Can anyone name a recent draft pick who did nothing as a rookie and then suddenly was a contributor the next year??????

Ryan Grant comes to mind as an example of an RB who spent his first season on the PS and then on IR and then going on to two 1,000+ yard seasons.

EDIT - Whoops, just realized he was actually an UDFA, not a draft pick.

Last edited:
After the initial bewilderment of the correlation between hamstring injuries and woman-touching, my only solution was that you correctly took my examination of your chronicles of hamstring impairments as an assertion that I have acutely wounded one of my own and from there surmised that it was because of my robust physique, caused by the exertion which crippled my right leg, that I attract many humans of the female gender. However, I then became cognizant of the substantiality that there is, in fact, no association between my proclamation and your rejoinder. Therefore, I accept your rebuttal as an inconsequential inquisition. I pronounce that the supreme operation for you to conduct is a defenestration of the commodity on which you are perusing the information superhighway.

:eek:

You owe me a BEER for using my word!! :D

In case anybody cares: It means "The act of tossing something ~ or some ONE ~ out the window."

True Story!! :rocker:

I guess you have to give this rookie class some slack due to the lockout, no mini camp, OTAs, etc.

But usually we know if someone is gong to be a player by the end of thier rookie year.

UM...

Let's SEE...
:rolleyes:

Does THIS Pick ring a bell?? ;)

COM_NFL_TomBradyRankings1v.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back