PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shane Vereen to sign with Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobAllan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Vereen to Giants

No real shocker here. Will miss him, though. He wasn't quite the best at anything, but he was versatile.

Mark Daniels @MarkDanielsPJ
The Giants will sign Shane Vereen, per @RapSheet. The Patriots have already kicked the tires on Roy Helu and Daniel Thomas.​

Ah!!!! I called that about 2-3 ago, Great Fit for him there. Giants WR with him should be set for a long time.

Too bad he didn't come down to 3.5m last year. Might have been a different story then.

Anyway, at least he ended up in the NFC.

Hate to see him go, but good for him in getting paid.

Vereen, Cruz and OBJ...teams might play 6 corners against that line-up!

I liked Vereen but the pats don't like to break the bank for the running back position. I wish him well in NY. I think Helu would be a good replacement.

Last edited:
Thanks for the work, Shane-o.

Will always remember his solid play in the SB he will do well as a receiver for his new Team...wish you all the best Shane.

I bet he only signed with the Giants so he could be part of their every-four-years super bowl run. :D

I liked Shane's receiving skills - great compliment to the bruiser Blount - appreciate his contributions to the title run, wish him luck in the future. Not surprised he's gone

Cannot blame him. He deserves every penny he gets. Good Luck Vereen and thank you for #4!!!

I would love for Tyler Gaffney to emerge as the 3rd down back. That would be awesome and just stick it to the Panthers.

Third Down backs Today are a dime a dozen...not worried about filling position.

Played well, class act, about to get paid. Congratulations to him, and within reason best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes