PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shane Vereen, in the flat, had a solid impact in this game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockt327

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
...and he was a guy that no one really talked about. We know about Gronk and Edleman, but props to Vereen. That was really one of his best games as a pass catcher: 11 receptions.

I know I'm having crazy fan moment, but I swear I saw it coming. I watched NFL game rewind on Seattle and picked up on this: You can flood the zone on Seattle by tossing it to the RB or the slot-WR in the flat. DeMarco Murray had a few open plays like this, but I knew NE would take more advantage of it. The Corner has deep responsibilities and the LBs having to be on Edelman, Vereen, or Amendola is an advantage for NE. Space to run. Seattle has some trouble with it. It's nothing huge, but that's how you chip away. The Pats can do this. I've seen it before. I've seen it in their basic playbook. I know plays like Gun Empty Left - 79 Y-Hook/D-Slant" and "Empty Right - 78 Y-Hook/D-Slant. I read those lesser known football blogs. I saw that play run against Baltimore for a TD; I commented on it.

I really liked watching this Patriots team.

Shane Vereen was very good. So many good guys on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back