PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* Shane Vereen Fan Club ~ Year 2!! *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to re-up!! :rocker:

Grab your seats while the grabbin's GOOD!! :D

XB "Shattering" Shane Vereen!!

302727603.jpg

* Outstanding Diagnostic Skills, Processing Speed, and the Vision to see where the hole is going to be.

* Explosive Burst through the Hole and excellent Speed to the Edge.

* Phenomenal Fluidity and Lateral Agility, navigating the field, and violent Torsion, bursting outta breaks.

* And such a dangerous downfield threat that he was often Split Out Wide in California.

Shane Vereen: Amazing Talent and the Brains to apply it with deadly force.

Best of all: He is such a lethal weapon, running and receiving, that his presence on the field doesn't give the Defense the slightest clue what we have in mind...which makes all 11 of our players far more dangerous!!

He is the young player I'm most excited about by far.

I'm all in.

"Can't wait" to see him lined up in the slot and torch Bart Scott and the rest of the speed-challenged linebackers we face.

I think he'll be great in the no-huddle.

We'll use Ridley as a change of pace SledgeHammer.

Right ON, Brothers!! :rocker:

Tom Brady ~ The Unchallenged Master of the No Huddle ~ is now poised to acquire a vital and deadly weapon that he's never before boasted: A truly dynamic Flex Back who I believe will become equally destructive in the Running Game and the Passing Game!! The Enemy won't have a clue what we're up to!! :eek:

By God, I actually pity those poor Bastards we're going up against!!

Patton4.png

I'll wait til he lays some tracks down and hits the charts before i start a fan club.

Potential and a hundred bucks will buy you a starbucks gold card.

I had Vereen marked down as our #1 back this year, good to see him looking to be a major force in the offense.

Right ON, Brothers!! :rocker:

Tom Brady ~ The Unchallenged Master of the No Huddle ~ is now poised to acquire a vital and deadly weapon that he's never before boasted: A truly dynamic Flex Back who I believe will become equally destructive in the Running Game and the Passing Game!! The Enemy won't have a clue what we're up to!! :eek:

By God, I actually pity those poor Bastards we're going up against!!

Patton4.png

I like any post that quotes Gen. Patton

I had Vereen marked down as our #1 back this year, good to see him looking to be a major force in the offense.
I hope they plan on using him as a kick returner too. Pats badly need help there. I can't take anymore Woodhead kick returns.

I hope they plan on using him as a kick returner too. Pats badly need help there. I can't take anymore Woodhead kick returns.

Agreed. They need to try some people there, Vereen or someone else.

I'd like to see a short yardage back somewhere. Don't know if any of these fullbacks can run. Ridley doesn't play big, but he's much more than expected as an exciting back. Vereen's a virtual rookie, don't see how anyone knows any more about him than last year.

Performance is what counts, there's a big hole left by BJGE and i never thought I'd say that but the proof is in performance.

Vereen at KR would be an option, as would McCourty and even Slater. Dennard has kick return experience as well.

Vereen at KR would be an option, as would McCourty and even Slater. Dennard has kick return experience as well.

When did Rodgers give that quote in your sig? Thanks for sharing.
And agreed I've wanted them to try Vereen at KR for a while now. McCourty is a good option unless he returns to '10 form then I'd be afraid to put him back there. Slater no, I love him as a ST ace but he's been way too unreliable as a KR.

When did Rodgers give that quote in your sig? Thanks for sharing.
And agreed I've wanted them to try Vereen at KR for a while now. McCourty is a good option unless he returns to '10 form then I'd be afraid to put him back there. Slater no, I love him as a ST ace but he's been way too unreliable as a KR.

The quote is from an interview he gave for ESPN Radio Milwaukee
Sports Radio Interviews » Blog Archive » Aaron Rodgers Ranks Tom Brady “Best by Far” and Thinks Tony Kornheiser is “Terrible”

Slater's three kickoff returns for touchdowns in the 2007 season set new UCLA records for kickoff return touchdowns in a season and a career, breaking the marks held by Maurice Drew and Brandon Breazell ... Slater also tied the Pac-10 season record, set by Anthony Davis in 1974 ... His 986 kickoff return yards in 2007 were a new UCLA school record for a season, breaking the mark of 626 set by Tab Perry in 2002 and his 34 returns were also a new season record, breaking the mark of 29, set by Tab Perry in 2000 ... His return average of 29.00 is the highest in school history among players with at least 20 kickoff returns in a season ... His 986 return yards also rank No. 4 on the UCLA career list.
http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/slater_matt00.html

Last edited:
The Pats didn't draft him in the 2nd round merely to be a 3rd down back (especially when you think they had a very productive Danny Woodhead already on the team).

He was drafted to be an explosive offensive threat, who had the potential to be 3 down RB. He still has that "potential". I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him become the player he has the potential to be.

What was truly surprising was the explosive running by Steven Ridley. When he was drafted the thought was that he'd be a one cut down hill runner, who might be an eventual replacement for BJGE. Instead we got FIVE 20+ yd runs in just 87 carries, a 5.0ypc, and saw several glimpses of speed and acceleration that we HADN'T expected.

Anyone who isn't excited by the prospect of these 2 kids battling for snaps, should be forced to read Ron Borges Pats columns for 10 straight hours. AND THEN be forced to listen to Tony Mazaratti talk about pro football for the rest of the day. ;)

OTG has a right to be excited. I think BB is a bit excited himself about the potential of the running game. How else can you explain the presence of THREE FB's on the current roster after a 3 year absence of even having ONE. I think the running game is back in NE (relatively speaking anyways) and that shameful time of possession stat will be vastly improved on in 2012.

One of your finest, Brother Ken. Maybe your best, in my view. :cool:

That's the first post in a while that actually stimulated wood for me. This offense with a legit weapon at RB = :eek:

For a second there I thought you meant the Rue McClanahan gif in post 14..... :eek:

Last edited:
The guy had a major injury, come on!

He can't control the injury. But it was the two arrests for MJ and the likely suspension that I would consider "going backwards".

THIS is what got me excited about Vereen prior to last season. But, then seeing him in his one preseason game and one regular season game I was not impressed, the reason being, he's too small, AND not fast enough to pull off some of those moves he did against the Pac-10 (Not the SEC which is tougher defensively). Against the NFL, a whole new ballgame. Seeing him break a long run against Nevada doesn't excite me or make me think Vereen is going to be a great back. Hopefully, after seeing what it takes, he will be prepared to face bigger faster guys this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back