PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shane Vereen - Do we see him this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsull87

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With Danny out do we see Vereen get his 1st reps in game time? He has been touted by many on this board as Faulk's replacement and a great pass catcher. Does he have the blocking and catching ability to replace Danny when he is out? Or will we just see BJGE and Ridley this game?

I personally will be very interested to see what Vereen can bring to the table and is an unknown for Rex and his D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Shane Vareen - Do we see him this week?

With Danny out do we see Vareen get his 1st reps in game time? He has been touted by many on this board as Faulk's replacement and a great pass catcher. Does he have the Blocking and catching ability to replace Danny when he is out? Or will we just see BJGE and Ridley this game?

I personally will be very interested to see what Vareen can bring to the table and is an unknown for Rex and his D.

Probably break off 2 60 yard receptions out of the backfield. Pancake all the Jets defenders, and sign his shoe ang give it to Ryan on the way back to our sideline.:)

I think it's more likely you'll see his uncle Ben in the stands than Shane on the field.

Yes. How much depends on how much they trust him in pass protection, but he will see the field on offense for the first time.

I'd like to see him, but I wouldn't be suprised if BJGE/Ridley take all the reps at RB.

Can we fix it to Vereen?

You would think he'd at least get a few token looks if Woody is out.

is he still hurt my goodness.

If he isn't activated I would suspect that he gets IR'd to allow Faulk back in after week 6.

I think Vereen will play Sunday

I wish we could at least see him at KR. They kept saying how much of a home run threat he is at the draft

is he still hurt my goodness.

If he isn't activated I would suspect that he gets IR'd to allow Faulk back in after week 6.

I think Vereen will play Sunday

He was active last week

He was active last week

Edelman was spotted walking w/ a BOOT u want my source??? Status unknown:eek:

Last edited:
Scizz

Julian Edelman - WR - Patriots

Patriots WR/KR Julian Edelman showed up to Patriots headquarters in a walking boot Tuesday.
Edelman's Week 5 status is up in the air after sustaining an ankle injury against the Raiders. If he sits out this week, Wes Welker, Matthew Slater, and Taylor Price would be candidates to take over on returns.
Source: Boston Herald
Oct 4 - 7:21 PM

source New England Patriots Team News - Rotoworld.com

he was spotted walking w/ a BOOT u want my source??? Status unknown:eek:

Tip: In a thread about Vereen, with no prior mention of Edelman, and referring to adding another RB to the roster in "his" place, don't use "he" to refer to Edelman.

maybe we'll see him blitz sanchez ala mcknight

I hope we see Vereen. He seems to be a nifty, breakaway type of back with tons of potential. I'd love to see he and Ridley have a big night.

Vereen is a sharper dresser than Ridley...

20060608ho_BenVereen_230.jpg

He played tons of ST last week. I hope we see at least 3-5 carries from him.

Our 3rd down backs also have pick up blitz. I am not sure how much reps he got with all the injuries he had. This game is not the one where you try out your new blitz pickup guy in 3rd downs.

I will see more ridley/benny for now. Faulk will probabily come back by week9.

faulk/woodhead - 3rd down guys and benny/ridley can be your first 2 downs.

satz

Is Woodhead out for sure? I haven't seen much of anything regarding his injury, other than it was a sprain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes