PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shane Vereen back at practice; Dan Connolly only player absent

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all those who question Vereen I say to you...

in-your-face.gif

I said it before and I'll say it again: my hope for Ridley and Vereen is that they emulate the feats of Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams at their best.

Last edited:
To all those who question Vereen I say to you...

in-your-face.gif

I said it before and I'll say it again: my hope for Ridley and Vereen is that they emulate the feats of Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams at their best.

Right, how dare anyone question anything regarding the mighty Shane Vereen. He has accomplished so much. He is beyond reproach.

Let the kid do something....anything on the field before we cut Woodhead and have him split carries with Ridley. What has he done?

Right, how dare anyone question anything regarding the mighty Shane Vereen. He has accomplished so much. He is beyond reproach.

Let the kid do something....anything on the field before we cut Woodhead and have him split carries with Ridley. What has he done?

What he has done is irrelevant, what he will do when he gets the opportunity is what matters.
If I understand you correctly, though, you are saying let him do something before you buy in to being excited about him, not that his skillset, as judged by the coaches shouldn't get him on the field.

I must have missed the memo where Stevan Ridley had accrued several seasons of fine NFL performance. That hasn't stopped factions of Patsfans from projecting him as the NFL's next great Running Back has it?

And for the record, learn to read. I wrote that it is my hope. In simple people terms that means I hope both go on to star.

Last edited:
10912d1332357736t-rumor-elder-scrolls-mmo-announcement-incoming-00.jpg

When guys like this are insulting a PROFESSIONAL football player, who has made the ultimate sacrifice of their body, and are also risking their lives day in and day out for the sport- are pathetic. I'd like to see the guys insulting Vereen for getting injured play football. (Fantasy Football doesn't count.)

we have no clue as to how much pain and suffering these guys go through on a daily basis. After the gameday adrelanlin rush wears off, next few days until next game day must be pure hell on earth for these guys with battered bruised broken bodies.

It takes utmost determination and will power to show up every day knowing what they will go through. I don't accept the " they know what thet are getting in to crap"

I have utmost respect for these guys and what they do.

I never played football competitively, but I did wrestle in high school. I'm willing to bet the closest thing to a contact sport most of the guys ****ting on Vereen for being injured played was golf. Injuries happen in sports, BFD. Don't talk **** about a player for being injured.

What he has done is irrelevant, what he will do when he gets the opportunity is what matters.
If I understand you correctly, though, you are saying let him do something before you buy in to being excited about him, not that his skillset, as judged by the coaches shouldn't get him on the field.

They are both relevant.

He has accomplished next to nothing in the NFL. Garbage time carries in 2 games in which the outcome was already decided.

I don't know and I wouldn't try to pretend to know how the coaching staff judges him. So far we can only go by past results and those results consisted of him being inactive in 15 of the 20 games he was on the roster.

I haven't seen the dynamic and explosive running that most everyone else on this board has apparently convinced themselves of having seen. I have yet to see anything to suggest he was in real competition with Ridley for the starter's job and I haven't seen anything to suggest he should be given Woodhead's 3rd down back role.

I think the blind optimists are building up this guy into something he's not. I hope that he turns into a productive player but I'm not yet convinced that he will.

I must have missed the memo where Stevan Ridley had accrued several seasons of fine NFL performance. That hasn't stopped factions of Patsfans from projecting him as the NFL's next great Running Back has it?

And for the record, learn to read. I wrote that it is my hope. In simple people terms that means I hope both go on to star.

Ridley has at least done something.

Your learn to read comment has no context.

I don't give a **** what your hopes are.

They are both relevant.

He has accomplished next to nothing in the NFL. Garbage time carries in 2 games in which the outcome was already decided.

I don't know and I wouldn't try to pretend to know how the coaching staff judges him. So far we can only go by past results and those results consisted of him being inactive in 15 of the 20 games he was on the roster.

I haven't seen the dynamic and explosive running that most everyone else on this board has apparently convinced themselves of having seen. I have yet to see anything to suggest he was in real competition with Ridley for the starter's job and I haven't seen anything to suggest he should be given Woodhead's 3rd down back role.

I think the blind optimists are building up this guy into something he's not. I hope that he turns into a productive player but I'm not yet convinced that he will.
In training camp he was getting a lot of 1st team reps after the 2nd preseason game in which he did very well, Vereen and Ridley were getting equal reps in with 1st team, some days even more than Ridley.

Ridley has at least done something.

Your learn to read comment has no context.

I don't give a **** what your hopes are.
That's clear otherwise you would have read my first comment properly instead of acting like a jackass.

Ridley has done nothing in the NFL. He's played a few nice games. Vereen has done nothing in the NFL. Bolden has done nothing in the NFL. Woodhead has done more than all three. If you think it's a stupid notion to hope that all four can be reliable and consistent performers in the NFL then good for you.

Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt the Vereen love-in, but he was limited at practice today which means there is a pretty good chance he makes the inactive list for the 15th time out of the 20 games he's been in the NFL.

Who was the last player to return from being injured and unable to practice to full participation?

I don't want to drag this over to the political forum, and I certainly don't think that the poster in question used a particularly good choice of words in his derision, but there is legitimacy to the "female" portion of the comment:

Studies Suggest Men Handle Pain Better - ABC News

The jokes/insults do have a basis in reality.

Maybe if Vereen wasn't wearing high heels he wouldn't have rolled his ankle so easily :)

Connolly returned today. While he may still not play SUn, at least he not on the Mike Wright path. Good news.

Funny how critical fans can be of the toughness of men who play in the NFL.

95% of you probably didn't even hack it on your HS squads.

my time ended when I had my spleen removed from getting speared.......

Aside from the "Slashing" Shane Vereen Love/HateFest...:rolleyes:

1 ~ Anyone who thinks we're about to anoint Stevan "You May Fire When Ready" Ridley ~ or anyone else ~ the #1 Back in a Corey Dillon/Antoine Smith manner is taking an enormous Leap of Faith.

2 ~ Much more likely is a TimeShare Deal, based on abundant recent Belichickian History.

3 ~ If anyone wants to call Ridley the "#1" in terms of Market Share, that's valid ...but it misses the point.

4 ~ Ridley is the #1 Power Back.

5 ~ Vereen is contending to be the #1 Flex Back ~ my own term ~ meaning: Serious Receiving Threat.

6 ~ Those are two entirely different Roles, much like those of Kong ~ a Tight End ~ and Aaron the Navigator ~ a Wing Back ~ which is a Truth that it's taken many folks two entire seasons to figure out.
spock.gif

Aside from the "Slashing" Shane Vereen Love/HateFest...:rolleyes:

1 ~ Anyone who thinks we're about to anoint Stevan "You May Fire When Ready" Ridley ~ or anyone else ~ the #1 Back in a Corey Dillon/Antoine Smith manner is taking an enormous Leap of Faith.

2 ~ Much more likely is a TimeShare Deal, based on abundant recent Belichickian History.

3 ~ If anyone wants to call Ridley the "#1" in terms of Market Share, that's valid ...but it misses the point.

4 ~ Ridley is the #1 Power Back.

5 ~ Vereen is contending to be the #1 Flex Back ~ my own term ~ meaning: Serious Receiving Threat.

6 ~ Those are two entirely different Roles, much like those of Kong ~ a Tight End ~ and Aaron the Navigator ~ a Wing Back ~ which is a Truth that it's taken many folks two entire seasons to figure out.
spock.gif

Flex back? I Vereen were to flex back, he'd be on IR. :eek:

Healthy or injured, Woodhead >>> Vereen. Time will tell comrades.

Healthy or injured, Woodhead >>> Vereen. Time will tell comrades.

I'm a bid Woodhead fan, I really liked how he played his first year, when he was 100% healthy. BUT, I think the opponents have adjusted to him, I think he took everyone by surprise. Hopefully injury was the reason why he wasn't AS explosive as his first year. Vereen seems to be a similar type player, though I think coming out of college, Woodhead had better straight line speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes