PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shane Vereen back at practice; Dan Connolly only player absent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to see Ridley being used too much...he may wear out later in the season.

Having Vereen carry the ball 5-6 times a game will keep Ridley fresher throughout the season

Funny how critical fans can be of the toughness of men who play in the NFL.

95% of you probably didn't even hack it on your HS squads.

I didn't make it past the freshman squad.

I like Vereen and am glad he's back, he has the potential to be a real X-factor in the offense.

This, I think one advantage Vereen has over Ridley is in the passing game. Now we can add in some screen passes, or have Vereen do wheel routes out of the backfield, ala Faulk. That's IF Vereen is healthy enough to play.

Spectacular news on Vereen, I'm excited to see the offense with both him and Ridley for the first time hopefully it happens this week. Ridley's still the man but I think Vereen at worst could be a nice upgrade over Woodhead in the #2 ballcarrier role. Would love to see him returning kicks too and involved in the passing game.

Don't like the news on Dan Connolly at all i hope his concussions are not in the Mike Wright, Austin Collie territory.:(

I'm a little bit concerned too but hopefully it's not quite that bad. Aaron Rodgers had concussion issues a couple seasons ago too and sat out a couple weeks, he is doing fine now. Hopefully Connolly's severity is more towards that.

It constantly amazes me how some posters think getting injured is an inexcusable failing of character, deserving of the internet equivalent of whipping in the stocks.

Vereen had his ankle rolled. This makes him a baby? (Or worse yet, female?) :rolleyes:

I'm very glad to have Vereen back. I think he'll be a good addition to this offense.

I don't want to drag this over to the political forum, and I certainly don't think that the poster in question used a particularly good choice of words in his derision, but there is legitimacy to the "female" portion of the comment:

Study after study has shown that men have a higher tolerance for pain than women, according to researchers who seem to be making some progress in figuring out why.

Studies Suggest Men Handle Pain Better - ABC News

The jokes/insults do have a basis in reality.

I hope this is the end of using Connolly at FB.

I mean forchrissake he's now the starting RG.

As for the Vereen comments. Internet tough guys at their best.

10912d1332357736t-rumor-elder-scrolls-mmo-announcement-incoming-00.jpg

When guys like this are insulting a PROFESSIONAL football player, who has made the ultimate sacrifice of their body, and are also risking their lives day in and day out for the sport- are pathetic. I'd like to see the guys insulting Vereen for getting injured play football. (Fantasy Football doesn't count.)

This, I think one advantage Vereen has over Ridley is in the passing game. Now we can add in some screen passes, or have Vereen do wheel routes out of the backfield, ala Faulk. That's IF Vereen is healthy enough to play.

Oh yes, I think he has the potential to be way better than Kevin Faulk as far as the passing game goes, hopefully a poor man's Marshall Faulk.

Sorry to interrupt the Vereen love-in, but he was limited at practice today which means there is a pretty good chance he makes the inactive list for the 15th time out of the 20 games he's been in the NFL.

Last edited:
I don't want to drag this over to the political forum, and I certainly don't think that the poster in question used a particularly good choice of words in his derision, but there is legitimacy to the "female" portion of the comment:

Studies Suggest Men Handle Pain Better - ABC News

You ever seen a woman give birth to a 12 lb baby?

10912d1332357736t-rumor-elder-scrolls-mmo-announcement-incoming-00.jpg

When guys like this are insulting a PROFESSIONAL football player, who has made the ultimate sacrifice of their body, and are also risking their lives day in and day out for the sport- are pathetic. I'd like to see the guys insulting Vereen for getting injured play football. (Fantasy Football doesn't count.)

Risking their lives day in and day out? Getting a little dramatic? No?

Thanks for posting your pic though, now we can put a face to the self important bluster and fake outrage.

facepalm.jpg

Oh brother. That was SO not the point of my post. But since you did...

Come on, Deus. The "twat" and "vagisil" bits were just grade-school level playground taunts, suggesting the poster has yet to get over his fear of cooties. If population-wide mean sex differences were the real issue, you'd hear lots of compliments like this: "Man, the announcers for this game were so smooth explaining that situation, I wanted to buy them some tampons!"

Oh yeah, speaking of smooth: that Shane Vereen kid! Smooth receiver out of the backfield, eh? Hope his ankle's doing better.

Sorry to interrupt the Vereen love-in, but he was limited at practice today which means there is a pretty good chance he makes the inactive list for the 15th time out of the 20 games he's been in the NFL.

Come on, you're not sorry. You've been beating the anti-Vereen drum all preseason up til now.

That's just typical BB gamesmanship man!!! He's going to come out this weekend and tear it up with NO limitations!!! (alright...alright....that is just wishful thinking on my part!.....just really to see this kid get alot of reps under his belt and stay healthy...)

...Come on, Deus. The "twat" and "vagisil" bits were just grade-school level playground taunts, suggesting the poster has yet to get over his fear of cooties.

I agree with this, and I wasn't defending his choice of words. Frankly, I consider that particular poster to be basically a long-term troll. I was talking about the general jokes about pain tolerance and the like, in response to your part about "female". I thought I'd made that clear but, since I apparently didn't, my apologies to you for the confusion.

Last edited:
I don't think it's fair to not give Vereen a chance to show what he has.

I don't recall anyone in here calling Fred Taylor a pansy or a part of a woman's anatomy when he played here but missed almost all of the season with a foot injury.

Fred Taylor missed a lot of games in his career but when he was healthy he was a beast........maybe Vereen can show his stuff when healthy as well.

I don't think it's fair to not give Vereen a chance to show what he has.

I don't recall anyone in here calling Fred Taylor a pansy or a part of a woman's anatomy when he played here but missed almost all of the season with a foot injury.

Fred Taylor missed a lot of games in his career but when he was healthy he was a beast........maybe Vereen can show his stuff when healthy as well.

Difference being Fred Taylor was 34 years old, playing in his 13th season after accumulating over 11,000 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots