PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shanahan wants a QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
JT the Brick reported this morning that the Eagles are trying to trade McNabb.
He cited "reliable sources close to the situation".

For what, water boy?
TJ is awful :bricks:
I don't think Hoyer is going anywhere.

Jackson has tremendous physical skill but he needs work on his reads and comfort in the pocket. If someone who knows how to develop QBs, like McDaniels, got their hands on him he could be a top 10 QB in a few years, IMO. Jackson, right now, is vastly better than Cassel was when he took over for Brady and Cassel was looking pretty good by the end of the season, coaching and supporting cast count for a lot.

YouTube - Tarvaris Jackson Highlights

Hoyer probably isn't going anywhere but I think he's looked very good when he's played and would be a lot less risky than Bradford for Clausen, if the price was right it would be a good move.

Last edited:
Of course we would trade Hoyer, if the price were right. Thing is he has value to this team as Brady's backup that likely well exceeds any potential trade value at the moment. As was the case with Cassel for the all 4 years he was the backup.

Shannahan's forte isn't QB. He gets enamored with the gunslingers and then struggles to control them. The only time he succeeded was when he inherited a guy already headed for the HOF. This should be interesting since you really need an above average QB to be relevant in this league at this time...

I'd trade Hoyer only if it was for some thing more than a 2. QB's are a hot commodity. Cassel would have netted more than a 2 if we were not in such a rush to let him go.

1. NFL Draft is changing (slot picks)
2. I want Hoyer to get a little bit more recognized thus increasing his value.
3. Unfortunately Tom Brady is aging and he can get injured:( (replacement(?
4 Good old Guiterrez..... was a 2 and he was useless... I value Hoyer>2

Jackson has tremendous physical skill but he needs work on his reads and comfort in the pocket. If someone who knows how to develop QBs, like McDaniels, got their hands on him he could be a top 10 QB in a few years, IMO. Jackson, right now, is vastly better than Cassel was when he took over for Brady and Cassel was looking pretty good by the end of the season, coaching and supporting cast count for a lot.

YouTube - Tarvaris Jackson Highlights

Hoyer probably isn't going anywhere but I think he's looked very good when he's played and would be a lot less risky than Bradford for Clausen, if the price was right it would be a good move.

Umm sorry. Tavaris Jackson is a poor man's Michael Vick. The only thing he has going for him is that he didn't goto prison. He is terrible!

Umm sorry. Tavaris Jackson is a poor man's Michael Vick. The only thing he has going for him is that he didn't goto prison. He is terrible!

Does he or does he not have plenty of physical talent?

Did Cassel not suck early on, play well here, and then suck in KC?

Jackson played well in the limited amount of time he played this season, but the main point is that the Redskins offense would be better off with Jackson and using that early pick to either beef up their O-line, improving their receivers or running game. Maybe Jackson will only be a stop-gap solution but he'd be a better way to go as far as the team is concerned.

Also, he is nowhere near terrible, Kevin O'Connell and Ryan Leaf were terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back