Welcome to PatsFans.com

Shamefull Hillary hasn't a clue...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ELOrocks17, Mar 23, 2006.

1. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

The proposed law is utterly absurd, and I am certain the Republicans are simply posturing with it. Could you imagine if we arrest and imprison (while awaiting their deportation) 11 million illegal immigrants? Not only would the cost of that be astronomical, there are many industries, including farming and construction that heavily depend on exploiting illegal immigrants to survive. If Texas, for instance, arrested all its illegal immigrants, I think its economy would collapse. (My Moroccan friend, who was not illegal, worked in Texas about 10 years ago. He got $8/hour as a painter, while the illegals from Mexico got $3/hour.) Our immigraiton problem is a very big one, but making it a felony is not the answer.

3. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You didn't even read the article you posted. If you did, you would have seen that "illegal immigration" is currently a civil matter, not a "criminal act". This bill aims to change that. This is why people merely in the country illegally don't usually get rounded up and deported, where as if they commit a crime, they're out. The bill would make their presense a crime, and could subject the to arrest by local law enforcement at any time (say, if an illegal immigrant got robbed and called the police, they could be arrested and deported).

We obviously disagree on the issue, but I'm always amazed how much FACTUAL information you get wrong when you post.

Can we say shameful ELORocks hasn't a clue?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Regardless of who's right, I don't think Ms. Clinton is helping herself by sounding soft on illegal immigration.

Me ? I'd build the wall about 20 feet deep and 30 feet tall. Made of concrete and maybe with electric shocking attached. Try and come over now . . .

5. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And what Patters said is very true - economies near the border are sustained by undocumented immigration. Illegals are the blue-collar's way of outsourcing. You have to consider the very real implication that many companies could go out of business if you did what you're suggesting.

6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Maybe they would be it would also relieve tremendous societal stresses on schools, hospitals, etc, which are stuck with the illegals. If we could stop illegal immigration then we could allow X number of them in with some kind of guest worker type program. But not until we stop the illegals.

7. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

duplicate Post

8. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This isn't a matter of "society would lose some, but it would be outweighed by the gain". The economic output of illegal immigrants WAAAY exceeds their monetary cost to society. This is something that, ironically, our President understands because of his strong alliance with businesses.

And besides, since you're all about nuking the Middle East and taking over their land, don't the illegal immigrants have a right to come here despite our objections?

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

If they can come over and take over California, which they would do if they could, sure. In all world history, the stronger wins the fight. We are stronger and simply have to choose to use that strength to win the fight. If we don't, or can't, then, yes, it's our tough luck. However we can. We just need to decide to do so.

10. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And there are many valid reasons why we haven't fought that fight. My boss is a pretty small guy, I bet I could level him in a fight (I'm a big Russian at 6'4"), but would that be a SMART move?

America may be top dog, but we're not more powerful than the rest of the world, as you seem to think.

11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

We're talking about two different fights here.

My concept for the destruction of the middle east probably wouldn't be a smart move although I still advocate it. However, protecting our borders from illegals and then having a guest worker program once the border is protected is absolutely a smart move IMO.

12. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Whatever bro, logic goes out the window when you argue with someone who, by their own admission, advocates things they know not to be smart.

13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

I am not saying that about illegal immigration.

14. Chevy

Chevy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

To those companies that "rely" on illegal immagrant workers --- Too Damn Bad. They should have thought about this before basing their business model on breaking the law.

15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

But we won't because the corporate lobyists will fight any immigration restriction or real enforcement because it would hurt their profits...end of story so get used to the flow.

16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 3 / -10

America is self destructing, we are destroying ourselves from within, just as Kruschev said to JFK many years ago.

If our enemy is patient, we will ruin the country ourselves then they can make their move, the first people they start killing will be the Liberals because they don't want people around that think like Jimmy Carter or Phil Donahue.
    If the Muslims take over you will never hear of the ACLU again.
    :bricks:

17. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You'd be torn if that happened Harry Boy, you'd have to decide whether you hate Muslims or the ACLU more.

18. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you!

19. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Hey, you're back ELO! Can we get an admission that you actually knew less about current immigration laws than Hillary? Pretty please?

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 3 / -10

Hillary is a dried up old political skank looking for power and fame, she can't be trusted, she is the perfect example of a true politician, a liar, two faced, dishonest, and untrustworthy, she and "Billy Blue Dress" were made for each other.

Hillary will never do anything FOR the country or the people that vote for her, Hillary is for Hillary. :rocker: