PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shame on America

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can assure you that I really don't. I'm genuinely curious as to why a guy who keeps telling the forum he doesn't care is beginning to amass close to 150 posts in 48 hours to back up that assertion is all. Psychologically speaking, the fact that your posts here are beginning to get more and more defensive is pretty telling. But, in the end, I'm just asking you a simple question: why DO you care so much? In the grand scheme of things, what difference does it make whether or not people follow through on their posts here or not if, as you stated, you only care about the next game and whether or not you, yourself, get to watch it?

why do you care about how much I care? simple question

it sounds like you're really wringing your hands over this...it appears to matter a whole lot more to you than me......

you're counting my posts, making psychological assessments......I don't care and am only expressing my opinion.......but you care....probably too much

Can we please dump this Sewage in the Political Forum? Just because America has Losers ~ every Nation has'm, most obviously including yours, Abdul ~ but that hardly justifies your idiotic Sewage. I'm not gonna hang my head because some random chump down the road said something stupid, or because a private Enterprise ~ the NFL ~ gave Goodel too much Power. Shame on them, not on America.

Even though we have our share of Buffoons, I'd take America over any other place ~ I'm certainly not one of those spoiled Idiots who doesn't realize how good he has it...Indeed, one thing that I am intensely grateful for is the fact that we don't have you around, spewing out hateful, venomous Sewage like this. :)
My dear friend, firstly i am sorry if i have offended you but let me make it clear to you, there is no Country in the World i love more than yours, America the Beautiful.
However can you just picture yourself a non American for just one second , and put yourself in my shoes........here is a Great player, a Leader , a Champion, a good father,,an Icon around the World,,someone who respects other players and never in his 16 years has said a bad word on anyone,,even to those who challenged him. Tom Brady is everything and is Captain America to the outside World. He is the NFL ,,the face and Hero to many i am sure. Yet the people who booed him at the Super Bowl,,,were they not Americans ?? The people who accuse him of cheating,,are they not Americans ? The ones who i personally know quite a few,,who are happy he will miss 4 games,,are they not Americans ?
I am sorry ,,this is not a Political subject ,,,,this is about a GREAT AMERICAN ,,,,who the outside World have more respect for than his own ,,,can you not understand my point dear friend ?
I am not hateful as you say,,neither is this what write " sewage" as you say,,,,its what i am somewhat amazed by not all i must add,,but quite a majority who are happy at the outcome of 2 Idiots who agreed that Roger Goodell can do what he wants ,even if there is no proof of the so called " crime " Tom Brady committed. I am disgusted at those Americans ,,not your beautiful Country.
I write this because where i come from ,,a great player is treated like a King whoever he plays for,,and no matter how many Championships he wins .
And yes you are right , we do have our share of " losers " here ,,,but i promise you they don't have the same Power as the biggest loser in the World has in Roger Goodell.
Thankyou and God Bless America.

why do you care about how much I care? simple question

it sounds like you're really wringing your hands over this...it appears to matter a whole lot more to you than me......

you're counting my posts, making psychological assessments......I don't care and am only expressing my opinion.......but you care....probably too much

As I said, I'm genuinely curious. Your stances on here are that you don't give a damn about the soap opera and looking forward to the on the field product and yet your posting frequency reflects that you really care whether or not people stop watching. The two don't mirror one another. As I stated before, you either really care or you're trolling. Since I don't think that you'd be trolling, the only logical conclusion is that you really care whether or not people watch. My question is: Why? It's a simple answer, really, and yet you're choosing to get defensive. Not sure why.

As I said, I'm genuinely curious. Your stances on here are that you don't give a damn about the soap opera and looking forward to the on the field product and yet your posting frequency reflects that you really care whether or not people stop watching. The two don't mirror one another. As I stated before, you either really care or you're trolling. Since I don't think that you'd be trolling, the only logical conclusion is that you really care whether or not people watch. My question is: Why? It's a simple answer, really, and yet you're choosing to get defensive. Not sure why.

I'm genuinely curious too......I'm curious about why people want others to know they are going to leave.

- Do they think someone will beg them to stay?
- Do they think that the people who stand to be affected by their departure are here watching?
- Are they actually going to leave?

It's amusing to watch supposed adults get so pissy and I'm just trying to understand their real end game.

Some want Kraft to sell the team and/or kill himself....others want Brady and BB to refuse the HOF

you have to admit that it's some incredibly stupid ****.....and for what? you know and I know they will be right back to watching the games even if they say they're not

It's like the bloody car wreck on the side of the road.......you just have to look

I'm genuinely curious too......I'm curious about why people want others to know they are going to leave.

- Do they think someone will beg them to stay?
- Do they think that the people who stand to be affected by their departure are here watching?
- Are they actually going to leave?

It's amusing to watch supposed adults get so pissy and I'm just trying to understand their real end game.

Some want Kraft to sell the team and/or kill himself....others want Brady and BB to refuse the HOF

you have to admit that it's some incredibly stupid ****.....and for what? you know and I know they will be right back to watching the games even if they say they're not

It's like the bloody car wreck on the side of the road.......you just have to look

That's all I was wondering. So you do care and that's why you care. Got it. I'm done with asking, then.

And maybe they will or maybe they won't. I really don't care what others do with their time as long as it has zero negative impact on my life. I, personally, have been more excited about college ball the last two years than pro ball (though I still watch the latter, but I'm not as personally affected by the outcome as I used to be because of the direction the league is heading in). But that's not only because of this mess. There are number of factors involved with my waning interest. I said in another thread that up until a couple of years ago, the news that Brady's suspension was reinstated would have ruined my week. Now? It didn't even ruin my day. I was over the AFCCG loss in less than a day. Hell, it was probably less than a few hours. Whether my interest picks back up to where it used to be remains to be seen, going forward. I don't have PLANS to stop watching. But, in general, I can probably equate this to when I quit smoking cigarettes. I didn't plan to quit smoking... I just decided one day out of the blue that it wasn't worth it anymore and stopped.

That's all I was wondering. So you do care and that's why you care. Got it. I'm done with asking, then.

And maybe they will or maybe they won't. I really don't care what others do with their time as long as it has zero negative impact on my life. I, personally, have been more excited about college ball the last two years than pro ball (though I still watch the latter, but I'm not as personally affected by the outcome as I used to be because of the direction the league is heading in). But that's not only because of this mess. There are number of factors involved with my waning interest. I said in another thread that up until a couple of years ago, the news that Brady's suspension was reinstated would have ruined my week. Now? It didn't even ruin my day. I was over the AFCCG loss in less than a day. Hell, it was probably less than a few hours. Whether my interest picks back up to where it used to be remains to be seen, going forward. I don't have PLANS to stop watching. But, in general, I can probably equate this to when I quit smoking cigarettes. I didn't plan to quit smoking... I just decided one day out of the blue that it wasn't worth it anymore and stopped.

It isn't smoking.....its not killing you......its entertainment and nothing more......like going to the movies......it adds some with the winning and the losing and the tracking of stats and strategy and what not but its all entertainment......you can't even call it a home team except for where they play.....the players are all from somewhere else

It isn't smoking.....its not killing you......its entertainment and nothing more......like going to the movies......it adds some with the winning and the losing and the tracking of stats and strategy and what not but its all entertainment......you can't even call it a home team except for where they play.....the players are all from somewhere else

Football, to many people, is addictive in nature. But I wasn't trying to draw that comparison. I was showing you how I, personally, quit most of the things in my life that I have wanted to quit. Quitting smoking for me was like that. So was quitting watching baseball. Whether or not it happens with professional football remains to be seen, but I don't like the direction the league is heading in. If it happens for me, it will happen just like quitting smoking did. One day, I'll just up and decide that it's no longer worth it and I no longer care to watch.

My dear friend, firstly i am sorry if i have offended you but let me make it clear to you, there is no Country in the World i love more than yours, America the Beautiful.
However can you just picture yourself a non American for just one second , and put yourself in my shoes........here is a Great player, a Leader , a Champion, a good father,,an Icon around the World,,someone who respects other players and never in his 16 years has said a bad word on anyone,,even to those who challenged him. Tom Brady is everything and is Captain America to the outside World. He is the NFL ,,the face and Hero to many i am sure. Yet the people who booed him at the Super Bowl,,,were they not Americans ?? The people who accuse him of cheating,,are they not Americans ? The ones who i personally know quite a few,,who are happy he will miss 4 games,,are they not Americans ?
I am sorry ,,this is not a Political subject ,,,,this is about a GREAT AMERICAN ,,,,who the outside World have more respect for than his own ,,,can you not understand my point dear friend ?
I am not hateful as you say,,neither is this what write " sewage" as you say,,,,its what i am somewhat amazed by not all i must add,,but quite a majority who are happy at the outcome of 2 Idiots who agreed that Roger Goodell can do what he wants ,even if there is no proof of the so called " crime " Tom Brady committed. I am disgusted at those Americans ,,not your beautiful Country.
I write this because where i come from ,,a great player is treated like a King whoever he plays for,,and no matter how many Championships he wins .
And yes you are right , we do have our share of " losers " here ,,,but i promise you they don't have the same Power as the biggest loser in the World has in Roger Goodell.
Thankyou and God Bless America.

1000 Apologies, my friend.

I stand my my Objection to the Title you chose, but clearly your Heart is in the right place ~ indeed: your Attitude is far more admirable than most!! ~ and I rescind my characterization of your Post.

It's clear now that your Title was meant from the perspective of a Fan of America ~ or at least: what America is intended to be ~ and was meant ~ how you say? ~ sympathetically.

I can indeed see it from your perspective, as I am one who is very fond of declaring, as all True Americans do, that "We are a Nation of Immigrants!!" And I've always said that if I hadn't been born here, I would've done everything I could to get here. If I were running things, I would set up Machine Gun Nests to mow down every CriminAlien who wanted to illegally infest our Country...yet at the same time I would aggressively seek out and try to recruit intelligent men and women to join us and improve our Nation.

If we allow everyone in, we'll become fat and bloated...and will no longer be America.

Yet if we don't aggressively seek out Fresh Talent ~ people like you, Sir ~ well...we'll become fat and bloated.

America's Future is dependent on Fresh Blood and Fresh Ideas...and the Ambition of those who don't need to be reminded how precious Freedom & Opportunity are.

America, of course, does not belong to Americans, but is simply one of Mankind's Manifestations ~ one of it's finest Manifestations, mind you ~ of the the Quest for Freedom that all of us long for.

And for what it's worth: Your Attitude ~ as badly mistaken as I initially was about it ~ is far more American than that of most Americans...So I salute you, Brother Abdul!!
beer.gif

And if Allah forbids your imbibing Fizzy Lifting Drinks ~ with a name like Abdul, I expect you're likely Muslim? ~ I'll be honored to quaff your Flagon on your behalf. ;)

Football, to many people, is addictive in nature. But I wasn't trying to draw that comparison. I was showing you how I, personally, quit most of the things in my life that I have wanted to quit. Quitting smoking for me was like that. So was quitting watching baseball. Whether or not it happens with professional football remains to be seen, but I don't like the direction the league is heading in. If it happens for me, it will happen just like quitting smoking did. One day, I'll just up and decide that it's no longer worth it and I no longer care to watch.

that's fine.......so you're still watching

I stand my my Objection to the Title you chose, but clearly your Heart is in the right place ~ indeed: your Attitude is far more admirable than most!! ~ and I rescind my characterization of your Post.

It's clear now that your Title was meant from the perspective of a Fan of America ~ or at least: what America is intended to be ~ and was meant ~ how you say? ~ sympathetically.

I can indeed see it from your perspective, as I am one who is very fond of declaring, as all True Americans do, that "We are a Nation of Immigrants!!" And I've always said that if I hadn't been born here, I would've done everything I could to get here. If I were running things, I would set up Machine Gun Nests to mow down every CriminAlien who wanted to illegally infest our Country...yet at the same time I would aggressively seek out and try to recruit intelligent men and women to join us and improve our Nation.

If we allow everyone in, we'll become fat and bloated...and will no longer be America.

Yet if we don't aggressively seek out Fresh Talent ~ people like you, Sir ~ well...we'll become fat and bloated.

America's Future is dependent on Fresh Blood and Fresh Ideas...and the Ambition of those who don't need to be reminded how precious Freedom & Opportunity are.

America, of course, does not belong to Americans, but is simply one of Mankind's Manifestations ~ one of it's finest Manifestations, mind you ~ of the the Quest for Freedom that all of us long for.

And for what it's worth: Your Attitude ~ as badly mistaken as I initially was about it ~ is far more American than that of most Americans...So I salute you, Brother Abdul!!
beer.gif

And if Allah forbids your imbibing Fizzy Lifting Drinks ~ with a name like Abdul, I expect you're likely Muslim? ~ I'll be honored to quaff your Flagon on your behalf. ;)

judas priest..........now you're the gauge of what's American

beer.gif

judas priest..........now you're the gauge of what's American

Now I'm the gauge of what's American?? ;)

Jokes about the stereotypical Basement Troll, entombed in the perpetually dank and darkened Cellar of his Parents's House at the age of 43 while collecting Social Security and gobbling up Ring Dings and Pepsi while he cranks out dozens of bitter, angry Posts a day ~ not on one Site but several, mind you!! ~ have been old since before The Bubble burst in 2000...so I won't bother pointing out the obvious. :p

But you have got to get yourself a Life, Bub.

You simply ooze futile Anger. :eek:

Now I'm the gauge of what's American?? ;)

Jokes about the stereotypical Basement Troll, entombed in the perpetually dank and darkened Cellar of his Parents's House at the age of 43 while collecting Social Security and gobbling up Ring Dings and Pepsi while he cranks out dozens of bitter, angry Posts a day ~ not on one Site but several, mind you!! ~ have been old since before The Bubble burst in 2000...so I won't bother pointing out the obvious. :p

But you have got to get yourself a Life, Bub.

You simply ooze futile Anger. :eek:

projecting again?

I think its ridiculous what the league has done to brady.

i also think its just as ridiculous what some peoples reactions are.

You guys think you can boycott the league and it will have any effect?

The NFL has screwed over an entire city St. Louis, twice. They dont care, one city has never mattered to them. Hell i would take 4 games forfeited if STL still had the ability to have a team.

Look what they did to Sean Peyton and the Saints. Banned him for season, banned G williams. Turned them into a 2nd tier team.

I just about throw up when i hear the "football is family" commercials.

Point is, you guys will win the AFC east, and you will still play home games in Mass.

You guys dont have it that bad.

Last edited:

beer.gif

Respect brother ,,thank you and sorry for late reply as i was traveling . As you said it ,,i am an Arab ,a fan of America. You were also spot on about me being a Muslim ,,so yes please do " quaff the Flagon on my behalf "
Again nothing but respect brother. We may differ in opinions but all have the same LOVE for the PATS,,,,Greatest Dynasty in the NFL . I am so happy you understood me. Best wishes and Cheers.

You guys dont have it that bad.

Not having a team to root for is easy. Having to defend yourself against 99% of the league's fans who think your incredible 15 year run of success was all due to filming defensive signals and .3 or .4 psi of air in a football is much much harder.

Having the league railroad your quarterback and have his office leak incorrect information to their mouthpiece ESPN is much harder to deal with than a team simply moving away. The latter has happened a bunch of times in sports history. What's happening to the Pats and Brady is unprecedented. Imagine if the NFL decided to railroad Montana during the 80's because they were winning too much? Exactly.

Last edited:
Not having a team to root for is easy. Having to defend yourself against 99% of the league's fans who think your incredible 15 year run of success was all due to filming defensive signals and .3 or .4 psi of air in a football is much much harder.

Having the league railroad your quarterback and have his office leak incorrect information to their mouthpiece ESPN is much harder to deal with than a team simply moving away. The latter has happened a bunch of times in sports history. What's happening to the Pats and Brady is unprecedented. Imagine if the NFL decided to railroad Montana during the 80's because they were winning too much? Exactly.

there's no limit to the stupidity that jealousy brings about........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes