PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SF Pick - Will BB/Pioli gor DT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it worth swapping picks with Baltimore? Say Baltimore has the 12th pick in the draft and they offer us Reed+their first rounder? I really don't think this is out of the realm of possibility considering their QB woes the last um, well since the franchises inception.

It seems to me there will be 2-3 Qb's taken before pick 12-15 which will put them out of the loop to get a top one. Never say never.

Btw imo there is no way Reed is worth a 1-10 by himself,especially a 1-5. This Pat's teams GM is pretty good at evaluating talent and could probably draft a keeper safety in the first two or 3 rounds. Not to mention the coaching which does a marvelous job of preparing and training them.

I don't think Baltimore could swallow the cap hit if they were to trade Reed. Didn't they just sign him to a new deal with a huge signing bonus not to long ago?

If Baltimore gets the 12-15th(9th right now) pick they should be able to get the last of Ryan, Woodson or Brohm. I think we're all set at safety. Meriweather and Sanders, with Wilson or someone else as backup. Reed is an upgrade but an expensive one.

I just want defense with the 1st pick and I agree with you that we could use a speed pass rusher .

BB has said more than once that Dlineman with size and speed are the hardest to find. I wont be surprised if dorsey is drafted if we can't trade out.

guy like Reed would not be welcomed here that easily by BB.

hes a free lancer..hes out of position a lot..either he makes the play or hes the reason Ravens get beat deep. He doesnt play within their system. Im a fan..but his style compared to what we expect..dont think that will work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back