PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SF 49ers favorites to win 2013 Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another clear mistake in that table is that the Jets are listed as having actual odds of winning the Super Bowl. I can forgive that as the demands of the betting industry, but in any sane reality, those odds should be infinity to 1. :D

A smart betting man would have to jump on infinity to 1. If the Jets did somehow win the Super Bowl, they'd have to give you all the money in the world, and if anybody printed more, they have to give you that, too.

Dude, just think of all the stuff you could get in the bargain aisle at Price Chopper with that.

Yup. the Niners and Seahawks are excellently built, the only questions are if the QBs can maintain and surpass their level of play. On paper these teams look sick. Add in the Packers, Saints, Falcons and Giants and you have a very tight conference with very good QBs. The Broncos, Texans, Ravens are the only teams they have to worry about.
I'll hazard a thought that the Bengals will be better than 2 of those mentioned AFC teams. They look bloody good on paper.

The 49ers were a pass interference non call away from winning it all. 9 times out of 10, that call is made. That being said, I only think the dreaded injuries are the only thing holding back the 49ers from going to the SB, and possibly winning it. 2 straight NFC Championship games and 1 SB make them the elite of the NFC at this point. Add in a very good offseason, and I don't disagree with the title of this thread. Good FA pickups and a great draft.
The 49ers were overwhelmingly lucky. They had far fewer injuries then any average team, in any average year.

This is unlikely to reoccur. The question is whether their draft can augment the depth to handle an average amounts of injuries.

Seattle would be my non bias favorites. 49ers defense has been shredded numerous times. Nobody beat the seahawks defense like that. Wilson looks to get better and Harvin will be dangerous. If 49ers have to go to Seattle for NFCCG they are toast. Hard play to there even when the hawks sucked.

This is the time where people are making assessments based on what a team looks like "on paper". It would be impossible NOT to put the Niners as the odds on favorite to win it all. In fact if we were being honest, the Niners, Seattle, Falcons, Broncos, Ravens, and Bengals should all be rated ahead of the Pats right now. Not that the Pats don't belong IN that mix, noone should be insulted if they aren't put at the top of those team. And why should we care anyway. NOTHING really matters until we get to January anyway.

And we know that at THAT point its the team who gets hot and has the most luck that wins it all. "The best team on paper", won't mean a thing

images

I would favor the patriots and the broncos as the most likely to win the SB. That is NOT because they are better than the four NFC teams: Seattle, SF, Atlanta and GB. They are just much more likely to make it to the SB. ESPN's rankings have us as having moved for #5 to #6 strongest team, after GB added a running game. I agree with that assessment.

It is a great place to be a fan. We are division favorites yet again (we've won or tied for the division for the last dozen years and have won 10 games each year). We are co-favorites to be AFC champs.

We know our problems. Other teams have theirs. But, we have every reason to be thankful and hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back