PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SF 49ers favorites to win 2013 Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like everyone is forgetting about the Packers and Texans: two teams that were demolished by injuries last year.

SF is my favorite to win the SB

They were the best team in the NFL last season (in my opinion)
They are young and the players they had last year should be the same if not better.
They had a crapload of draft picks that can only help with their depth and maybe add a 1 or 2 quality starters right away

Quality HC and having a decent QB with talent helps too. They're the most likely in my opinion too. But that's why they play the games!

SF is my favorite to win the SB

They were the best team in the NFL last season (in my opinion)
They are young and the players they had last year should be the same if not better.
They had a crapload of draft picks that can only help with their depth and maybe add a 1 or 2 quality starters right away
Don't be so sure, The Niners had the most incredible luck with injuries last season. If they had had to deal with the usual amount of injuries that most teams have to deal with, their season could have turned out to be very different.

See this is where it comes down to the QB, of Collin gets hurt which is likely by running around, who is next? It's tough to gauge because guess what, you have teams like the 2001 pats, last years ravens, 2011 giants etc. unexpected Super Bowl wins. It seems like the teams hovering lower than like the top 5, go on and win soon. But I do expect that pats in another Super Bowl soon, this team is inches away from getting #4 for the past few years. Only a matter of time. The only thing that concerns me if I am a SF fan, is Collin has to perform like he did in 10 games or so last year.

I feel like everyone is forgetting about the Packers and Texans: two teams that were demolished by injuries last year.

I dont think that brian cushing would have made much of a dent in the close to 90 points we put up on the texans over 2 games

Teams that lose the SB hardly ever go back the following year. I think while the niners are stacked teams will do a better job of game plannng against kaepernick.

I dunno if I'd say the Texans were demolished. Brian Cushing was a major loss, but by the time the playoffs rolled around they were as healthy as anyone can expect to be. Losing Gronk hurt the Pats far more than Cushing hurt the Texans, but that's football.

The best team in the league hasn't won the Super Bowl since the Saints won the the Super Bowl in 2010. Before that, it was the Pats in 2004. Odds are good that the team playing Wild Card weekend will win the Super Bowl this upcoming season.

The thing that both San Fran and Seattle have to worry about is a second year slump by second year starting QBs. Also, both QBs have the potential of the league catching up to them now that they have enough game tape on both.

The best team in the league hasn't won the Super Bowl since the Saints won the the Super Bowl in 2010. Before that, it was the Pats in 2004. Odds are good that the team playing Wild Card weekend will win the Super Bowl this upcoming season.

The thing that both San Fran and Seattle have to worry about is a second year slump by second year starting QBs. Also, both QBs have the potential of the league catching up to them now that they have enough game tape on both.

Yep, the media is so enamored of Wilson and Caepernick's seasons that they are ready to put them on the pedestal. I think the difference, though, between them and Cam is that Cam never had the defense these two teams have, so if they can maintain that level of play they are going to be hard to beat.

Those defenses are absolutely absurd in talent. The good news for us Pats fans is that not only do they have to fight in the conference, but for their own division. And they still have the Packers and Falcons to deal with, not to mention that thorn in the side Giants. Oh, and there's a guy named Drew Brees around somewhere, too. The NFC is super-stacked. The Pats are still a top 3 team in AFC and that's enough to give them a shot.

But make no mistake about it, the Niners and Seahawks are heavily loaded for a long-time run of excellence, as long as their wunderkind QBs maintain their level of play. To be honest I thought the Brady/BB Superbowl window was dead once Rodgers went on his tear, but we got our chance. I hope it's not the last.

49ers should be favorites. Pats have a lot more Q's with their team IMO

In the NFC I may be in the minority but I like the look of the Seahawks compared with the 49ers. It would be unwise to write off the Packers given Aaron Rodgers now has a running game.

Seattle at home next year is going to be an impossible place to win. That crowd noise plus their defense equals no offense for the opposition.

Guys - as far as I can tell, Vegas odds have the following:

- Pats 5/1
- 49ers 6/1
- Broncos 6/1
- Seahawks 7/1

So NEP are favorites to win the SuperBowl !!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- FRITZ

49ers/Patriots or Seahawks/Patriots would be a sick superbowl. I feel that the NFC will come down between the Seahawks and 49ers.

The 49ers have a much bigger question at the most important position, though.

In the NFC I may be in the minority but I like the look of the Seahawks compared with the 49ers. It would be unwise to write off the Packers given Aaron Rodgers now has a running game.

I still think it's the 49ers that come out of NFC again

What are the Vegas odds on SF's Harbaugh throwing a massive hissy fit at the refs every game then complaining about them in the press conference after?

I still think it's the 49ers that come out of NFC again
I don't. Disregarding Captain Pumped and Jacked, I like the composition of the Seahawks roster more than I do the 49ers. Don't get me wrong, I think they're both super looking teams, I just like the Seahawks more given the acquisition of Harvin and their DL rotation.

Teams that lose the SB hardly ever go back the following year. I think while the niners are stacked teams will do a better job of game plannng against kaepernick.

This I thought so strongly that we would be back this year, it is just so damn hard to get back 2 years in a row. The 49ers were lucky with injuries that is going to change and teams will slow down Kaepernick. The whole read-option BS will be gone within a year.

Yup. the Niners and Seahawks are excellently built, the only questions are if the QBs can maintain and surpass their level of play. On paper these teams look sick. Add in the Packers, Saints, Falcons and Giants and you have a very tight conference with very good QBs. The Broncos, Texans, Ravens are the only teams they have to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes