PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour's Sports Psychologist

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakadave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Seymour just said on WEEI that he uses a (top-notch) sports psychologist. He said he doesn't talk about this a lot, but it's been very beneficial for him. Is this new info for fans? I hadn't heard this before. Now watch all the other linemen get themselves one!

shakadave said:
Seymour just said on WEEI that he uses a (top-notch) sports psychologist. He said he doesn't talk about this a lot, but it's been very beneficial for him. Is this new info for fans? I hadn't heard this before. Now watch all the other linemen get themselves one!

Just another sign of his desire to go the extra mile to be the best. A very happy sounding Richard! I was again reminded of just exactly why BB and Pioli continually search for those intangibles that make a player great! Great interview, even tho' I had to run out to the car to catch most of it since my computer link was lousy!:rolleyes:

shakadave said:
I just found a photo of Big Sey's sports psychologist performing one of his more successful motivational drills.

In this one he is seen motivating the client to toughen himself up to the rigors of the NFL season. The right tool for the right job as it were.

Attachments

• tire_iron.jpg
    tire_iron.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Sports psychology is an interesting field..and a lot of the better players have been using it for awhile. Certainly a way to get an even better edge..big intangibles. I found it interesting he mentioned it..and I am sure many players do have them.

"OK Richard, now I'd like you to visualize picking the LT up and throwing him at the quarterback...."

I would need a psychologist to deal with all that money - $30 million!

lobster said:
I would need a psychologist to deal with all that money - $30 million!

I would buy a beach house and a desert house.

shakadave said:
I would buy a beach house and a desert house.

And all the land in between.

I've been trying to convince myself im 6'6" 300 lbs. without an ounce of fat.

Not working so far.:D

The psy gets a big raise as well I am sure.

nescott said:
The psy gets a big raise as well I am sure.

"Doc I have a lot of anger still... you said you'd cure me..."

"Oh HELL no now pass me that champagne..."

Broomer said:
I just found a photo of Big Sey's sports psychologist performing one of his more successful motivational drills.

In this one he is seen motivating the client to toughen himself up to the rigors of the NFL season. The right tool for the right job as it were.
He must be a psychology major if that is his tire iron. :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey